Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
Physical timing (on can)? >

Physical timing (on can)?

Physical timing (on can)?

Old 01-17-2012, 07:04 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Physical timing (on can)?

I have a Tekin 10.5 Redline motor (used) and it's got hash marks for timing on the can. What I can't figure out is what to align the hashes with to know what the timing is set to. Is it fixed? It's a known well performing unit and it's likely I'll leave it alone, it's just that I'd like to KNOW what's going on.

Awww man, I can't post the pic because of my newb status. I broke out the digi for no reason. It's a good shot too.

h t t p ://webpages.charter.net/brembo/tekin10.jpg <-----remove the spaces and it'll work. Sorry for the hack job.
Old 01-17-2012, 07:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

You are currently set at 16*. The black indentation on the end cap is the marker. Every tick mark is 4*.
Old 01-17-2012, 07:44 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by klaymon
You are currently set at 16*. The black indentation on the end cap is the marker. Every tick mark is 4*.
Thank you, I figured that was the case. There are however 8 of those indentations on the end cap and that worried me. Again, thank you.
Old 01-17-2012, 08:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Yeah, just use the one closest to the tick marks. Don't go twisting it all around or you'll have it screwed up.