Wiki Posts
Search

Best ESC and Motor

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2012, 06:51 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Best ESC and Motor

I would like to know your opinion on what is the best ESC and Motor out there for SCT and Buggies.

I currently have a 4WD SCT, 2WD SCT, and a 2WD Buggy. All 3 have Castle Creations Sidewinder SCT systems, Spektrum Rx and Servo. I like the Castle Creation products, but feel that they are inferior in some way due to issues with their ESC.

I know that this is a subjective type thread and that you will be biased to your current set-up and I am fine with that. Let me hear your opinion please.

I am looking for your assistance to point me in a direction that I might be able to start thinking about as a possible replacement.

I would like to run a system without the need of a glitch buster or BEC. Does something exist?

Is Tekin good? What about Reedy? What other options should I look into?

Thanks!
Old 01-16-2012, 06:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Tekin is the best. I've tried all brands but now I run Tekin ESCs in everything - my trail crawler, my 3 onroad cars, and my 3 offroad vehicles. Never had a problem with any of them. And never had to run any kind of external BEC or glitchbuster. As far as motors go, there's lots of good ones out there. Personally I run LRP because they just seem faster than everything else and can handle more heat. I've used Novak, Orca, Trinity, and Murfdogg, and they all worked well.
Old 01-16-2012, 09:32 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Follow-on question regarding ESC and motor...

Is there a specific path that needs to be followed to soldering the 3 wires for the ESC to the motor? I have noticed that some motors just say A, B, C, but then the ESC will not show anything. Do you see my confusion? Is there a specific path for a Positve, Negative, etc.. lead? I would not want to cross something and it seems that it is not explicit about that sort of thing.