Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
Help me pick out my dream charger and power supply setup!! >

Help me pick out my dream charger and power supply setup!!

Help me pick out my dream charger and power supply setup!!

Old 01-09-2012, 07:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

PL6 will be limited to 400 watts output with a 12v input (@ 40 amps)

Cheers
Old 01-09-2012, 08:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I saw that after I posted.... I went and checked the PL6s output. Tbe 24v PSUs I have been looking at are the ticket to get the output that I'm day dreaming about hehe.

Thanks for all your help. I think this power supply from maxamps is the way I'm going to ride:

http://www.maxamps.com/Power-Supply-24V.htm

REVOJohn, when will the PL6 be available again? Is the estimated date of January 13th looking to be accurate? I'm trying to search online to find a setup in stock somewhere!

EDIT: another question I was just thinking... How do I connect it to these power supplys? do I need to purchase the black/red terminal connectors? I didnt see anything else that would make it easy to connect the PL6 to a power supply.

Last edited by frankiebonez; 01-09-2012 at 09:17 PM.
Old 01-10-2012, 04:51 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by frankiebonez
I saw that after I posted.... I went and checked the PL6s output. Tbe 24v PSUs I have been looking at are the ticket to get the output that I'm day dreaming about hehe.

Thanks for all your help. I think this power supply from maxamps is the way I'm going to ride:

http://www.maxamps.com/Power-Supply-24V.htm

REVOJohn, when will the PL6 be available again? Is the estimated date of January 13th looking to be accurate? I'm trying to search online to find a setup in stock somewhere!

EDIT: another question I was just thinking... How do I connect it to these power supplys? do I need to purchase the black/red terminal connectors? I didnt see anything else that would make it easy to connect the PL6 to a power supply.
Thanks Frankie. Yes there are a few pallets of PLabs on way to states but due to NY and more stringenst customs proceedures it was delayed by a week. jan 13 - 16th is about right for USA warehouse. We have then in the Singapore warehouse already.

Depending pn the PS. Axamps you should need the PCA60 plier clips would make it easy for you, else you can always make your own EC5 leads to plug into any charger you have
Old 01-11-2012, 10:04 AM
Tech Regular

John, those EC5 leads you speak of, thats the little blue connector? Where can I purchase that so I can build my own connector? Also, what gauge is the power wire input, 12?

Thanks for your help man! I'm planning out the power station build. I'm thinking of doing it all on plexiglass because its strong and you can see through it, maybe light it up with some blue neon on a switch. Its going to be trick pretty excited to doit!

EDIT: John, I found the connectors. Do I need male or female? They both look the same lol.. I think its male though, male is what I have to buy to connect to my power supply.
Old 01-11-2012, 04:26 PM
Tech Adept

John, those EC5 leads you speak of, thats the little blue connector? Where can I purchase that so I can build my own connector? Also, what gauge is the power wire input, 12?

Thanks for your help man! I'm planning out the power station build. I'm thinking of doing it all on plexiglass because its strong and you can see through it, maybe light it up with some blue neon on a switch. Its going to be trick pretty excited to doit!

EDIT: John, I found the connectors. Do I need male or female? They both look the same lol.. I think its male though, male is what I have to buy to connect to my power supply.
Hey there Frankie. You'll get the EC5 from Hkings website. They make them so typically easiest place to get them.
AWG 10 !!!!!!!!! So maany AMPS we had to make thre input leads 10.

Wiill you have a video I can look at when you're done?
Old 01-11-2012, 06:37 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by REVOJohn
Hey there Frankie. You'll get the EC5 from Hkings website. They make them so typically easiest place to get them.
AWG 10 !!!!!!!!! So maany AMPS we had to make thre input leads 10.

Wiill you have a video I can look at when you're done?

I figured it was like a 10 or 12 AWG. Thanks for the info!

I'm going to be taking pictures and maybe I was thinking of a small video of the build. I just got a huge shipment of parts for battery charging. I'm pretty excited, the only part missing is tge PL6 John, get them to the USA!!!!

Check your private messages I sent you one bud.
Old 01-11-2012, 10:12 PM
Tech Adept

I figured it was like a 10 or 12 AWG. Thanks for the info!

I'm going to be taking pictures and maybe I was thinking of a small video of the build. I just got a huge shipment of parts for battery charging. I'm pretty excited, the only part missing is tge PL6 John, get them to the USA!!!!

Check your private messages I sent you one bud.
thanks frankie, yes I sent you the coupon website link but I can;t post it here as this forums does not allow me to
Old 01-11-2012, 11:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Discount coupons ............... please share

Looking to purchase a PL6 / MPA combo soon

Cheers
Old 01-12-2012, 12:56 PM
Tech Regular

Got my power supply today! Excited for it, came VERY fast, shout out to Maxamps. I know they have been slammed on this board a bit but I'm confident this will work, plus there customer service is good.

Now just to get a Charger and I'm ready!
Old 01-12-2012, 12:57 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by crusey_aus
Discount coupons ............... please share

Looking to purchase a PL6 / MPA combo soon

Cheers
Here is the link for the coupon info, its free shipping for everything EXCEPT combos with the MPA...

http://www.revolectrix.com/new_appli...t01.08.12.html

Is there any others John, I'm ordering an MPA combo
Old 01-15-2012, 12:52 PM
Tech Regular

Little update on my charger thread...

PL6 is going to come in the mail very soon, but unfortunately looks like I will be going with a mounted PAR board setup. Running I'm thinking 2 or 3 parallel boards instead of the MPA. The MPA is sold out for another 2+ weeks and I just dont want to wait that long, I need a new charger, my venom setup isnt cutting it.

So I'm thinking 4 boards mounted nicely on my station, at the most... possibly 2 JST style boards and 2 TP boards so I dont have any battery restrictions (would be limited to JST with the MPA board.. so this option has some pluses, which I do like) I dont think I would ever charge more than 2 batteries the more I think about it.

I will have 2 simultaneously in my XO 1 (once that thing freakin arrives!), with 2 on deck... thats 4 total but only 2 to charge. And I have 3 batteries for SC10 truck, 1 in the truck and 2 on deck. Plus I could always expand. Charging 2 batteries should allow for absolute maximum charging capabilities of a 5000mah 3s battery also, once you go to a 3rd battery you will start losing time when dividing up the currect requirements.

So how do people feel about thunderpower batteries? I'm thinking of 2 of there 65c 3s 5000+mah batteries for my XO1. Any comments on that brand? They say I can charge them at a 6C rate which I will be capable of doing, should allow for 15minute charge times of 2 batteries!! I'm torn between them and Orion right now.

Setup will be trick regardless i'm sure once I'm done!

EDIT: John I see you guys added EC5 connectors to the webstore, was that because of our discussion here? Definitely a great move, now I dont have to source them elsewhere!
Old 01-15-2012, 04:44 PM
Tech Adept

Little update on my charger thread...

PL6 is going to come in the mail very soon, but unfortunately looks like I will be going with a mounted PAR board setup. Running I'm thinking 2 or 3 parallel boards instead of the MPA. The MPA is sold out for another 2+ weeks and I just dont want to wait that long, I need a new charger, my venom setup isnt cutting it.

So I'm thinking 4 boards mounted nicely on my station, at the most... possibly 2 JST style boards and 2 TP boards so I dont have any battery restrictions (would be limited to JST with the MPA board.. so this option has some pluses, which I do like) I dont think I would ever charge more than 2 batteries the more I think about it.

I will have 2 simultaneously in my XO 1 (once that thing freakin arrives!), with 2 on deck... thats 4 total but only 2 to charge. And I have 3 batteries for SC10 truck, 1 in the truck and 2 on deck. Plus I could always expand. Charging 2 batteries should allow for absolute maximum charging capabilities of a 5000mah 3s battery also, once you go to a 3rd battery you will start losing time when dividing up the currect requirements.

So how do people feel about thunderpower batteries? I'm thinking of 2 of there 65c 3s 5000+mah batteries for my XO1. Any comments on that brand? They say I can charge them at a 6C rate which I will be capable of doing, should allow for 15minute charge times of 2 batteries!! I'm torn between them and Orion right now.

Setup will be trick regardless i'm sure once I'm done!

EDIT: John I see you guys added EC5 connectors to the webstore, was that because of our discussion here? Definitely a great move, now I dont have to source them elsewhere!

hey Frankie; yes we did because you guys ask for it so we'll do it. We'll do EC5 and XT60 adaptors for MPA boards also.
Taake a look at our batteries FRankie at REVO International store......i have good faith that you'll enjoy them and we make them up fresh on the day yuo order
Old 01-15-2012, 05:07 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by REVOJohn
hey Frankie; yes we did because you guys ask for it so we'll do it. We'll do EC5 and XT60 adaptors for MPA boards also.
Taake a look at our batteries FRankie at REVO International store......i have good faith that you'll enjoy them and we make them up fresh on the day yuo order
What do you mean for the MPA boards? You mean a different connector than the Deans style power connector? You have any pictures?

I've been thinking, again, about my setup considerations and I REALLY want the MPA board, might just wait it out and get the kit without the MPA for now. Price is the same and I NEED A CHARGER.
Old 01-15-2012, 07:36 PM
Tech Adept

What do you mean for the MPA boards? You mean a different connector than the Deans style power connector? You have any pictures?

I've been thinking, again, about my setup considerations and I REALLY want the MPA board, might just wait it out and get the kit without the MPA for now. Price is the same and I NEED A CHARGER.
hey Frankie. yah we're examining now and I think we'll make adaptors for the MPA deans board to EC5, XT60 etc etc etc........do DEANS till still be on the boards and adaptors to covert them. Linke LEGO I guess
Old 01-16-2012, 05:51 PM
Tech Adept

Default Update on latest REVOLECTRIX USA Sea Shipment

Hi:

For those who may not be registered to receive our email campaigns, we just sent out the following update via bulk email. Please check it for updated information regarding the latest sea shipment; currently held up in customs:

http://www.revolectrix.com/new_appli...t01.16.12.html

Sorry for the delay. These things are not possible to predict.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.