Old 11-15-2011, 04:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

lighter, consistent power, more cycle life, higher discharge rates etc
Old 11-15-2011, 08:52 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by deRRo
Wow guys thanks a lot. i will be purchasing a lipo setup in the near future but like you say i will do a bit of homework first. thank you again for all your information you are a great help to somebody who is just getting into the hobby.

as for the chassis i have a crappy old 1/10 truggy i dont even have a shell for it at the moment im just having a bit of fun doing it up. everything i have put on it so far i can take off and put on another vehicle anyway.

but yes.

one more question.

What is the MAIN advantage/s of lipo batteries? over nimh/nicd.

The MAIN advantage of lipo over nimh/nicd is their consistent power output. They do slow down a little, but in general they give you consistent power till they're spent and then the esc shuts it off. My old batteries would slow down after several minutes, still work, but continue to slow down. They'd also begin to not take a full charge anymore, and there was a lot more maintenance with them to make sure they'd fully charge.
They also offer more "punch" than older batteries were capable of giving. I guarantee you'll be amazed at the difference over your old batteries.
Old 11-25-2011, 05:15 AM
Tech Rookie

another good source for LiPos:
http://www.rc-heli-review.com/rc-helicopter-batteries

Some good explaination there about balancing, charging and discharging etc.

Good Luck