Wiki Posts
Search

thunder ac6 question lipo to life

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2011, 07:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default thunder ac6 question lipo to life

I'm not understanding my AC6. If I charg my is lipo then want to charge my reciever pack, life, how do you change it over or does it change it automaticly. I tried to save a lipo setting and a life setting and can only save one or the other.
Old 11-10-2011, 08:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 241 (100%+)

In the menu where you setup the parameters for charging lipo, it'll ask for the voltage per cell, this is where you can select the voltage per cell for life instead of lipo. The charger groups the lithium batteries together under lipo and allows you to select the per cell voltage to change between them.
Old 11-11-2011, 10:39 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

As mentioned, in "Users set up" mode, select 3.3v - that will put charger in LiFe mode.
Old 11-11-2011, 10:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Just select the lipo battery type, then like previously mentioned, select the correct cell voltage, and upon the confirmation when the charging cycle starts, the charger will recognize that it's a LiFe battery and the display will change from LiPo to Li2s.
Old 11-11-2011, 01:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

i just charge in Manual mode and select what Amp to charge at. The charger will confirm the correct # of cells for the lipo before starting.
Old 11-11-2011, 05:34 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

OK guys, thank you. I was lost then I stopped by the race track today and one of the guys helped me, we got but wasn't sure how we got there. I'm glad you all mentioned about the voltage reconizing it. Thanks
Old 08-22-2013, 10:30 AM
Tech Adept

Default Thunder AC6 Charger | LiFe question

Just getting back into this hobby after being inactive for many years. Subsequently, I bought a ProTek LiFe for my Futaba 4PK surface radio. So all my RC batts are lipo/liFe at this point

Anyways, I followed the LiFe instructions that are posted on this page, however, my AC6 charger/balancer read each cell at 3.60 volts per cell. So, I guess the battery ships fully charged at 7.2 volts, but with a 6.6 volt sticker on it I'm spliting hairs, I guess, but shouldn't it be 3.3 per cell, instead of 3.6? Vendor says the batt ships at 50% capacity, not 100%?Maybe this batt was returned? Regardless it's in my 4PK. Display seems nice and bright... maybe even brighter than the lame stock batt it came with LOL
Old 08-22-2013, 12:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 241 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wriffwraff
Just getting back into this hobby after being inactive for many years. Subsequently, I bought a ProTek LiFe for my Futaba 4PK surface radio. So all my RC batts are lipo/liFe at this point

Anyways, I followed the LiFe instructions that are posted on this page, however, my AC6 charger/balancer read each cell at 3.60 volts per cell. So, I guess the battery ships fully charged at 7.2 volts, but with a 6.6 volt sticker on it I'm spliting hairs, I guess, but shouldn't it be 3.3 per cell, instead of 3.6? Vendor says the batt ships at 50% capacity, not 100%?Maybe this batt was returned? Regardless it's in my 4PK. Display seems nice and bright... maybe even brighter than the lame stock batt it came with LOL
LiFe packs will be fully charged at 7.2v but they are listed as 6.6v nominal. All batteries are listed this way whether you're talking about a LiFe, Lipo, Nimh, Nicad, Alkaline, or lead acid. As long as you're charging in LiFe mode at 3.3v/cell and it charges to 7.2v when complete then everything's OK.