Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
Question about HobbyPartz >

Question about HobbyPartz

Question about HobbyPartz

Old 10-21-2011, 10:59 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Questions?? Question about HobbyPartz

I ordered two Gen Ace 5000mah 40c lipos, swapped out the banana plugs for deans, set them to charge, first battery charged up great, second battery refuses to charge, I keep getting an error, this battery was tested on another charger and same issue. My question is, does anyone have any experience with their tech support or customer service, more or less, what are my chances of getting them to replace the battery as this is the first time I've ever dealt with them.

no bashing please, just curious to know about their customer service.
Old 10-22-2011, 10:35 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have ordered quite a few batteries from them and every now and then I will get one that does that. Usually I just put in on the charger using the NiMh setting for about 1-2 minutes and that brings the voltage up enough to allow the charger to read the correct cell voltages to go ahead and charge and balance it on the LiPo setting.

Try this and see if it works. If not, I have had good luck in contacting them to resolve a few small issues.
Old 10-22-2011, 11:23 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I'd try contacting them 1st before trying to 'rescue' one that way, the lipo is basically bad or has a weak cell and you deserve one like the other that's not this way. Even if you 'rescue' it as described, it prob won't perform a well as the one that didn't start off this way.

Hobbypartz used to have a few one here that would respond to probs like this, you might try looking in the electric off road thread and see if they're still around.
Old 10-22-2011, 05:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I also got one good, one bad Gen's Ace 4S lipo from them and had no reply through email. I had to login to rcdiscuss to get a response, but then they sent an RMA right away.