Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

FlySky GT3b Hack Tech Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 02:22 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Spooke
I believe you can download it from the Radio by going to Read, Current Tab, and then saving the file, however this didn't work for me, I have someone elses original firmware though, here you go.\

I am also having issues with the custom firmware, I have the GT3B-0.61 firmware, I am trying to get the steering to both have the 150% end point, however I can only select the end point for steering right. It's in channel 1 and esc is in channel 2.

Can anyone help me!! Thanks!
I'm not 100% sure as I'm not at home, but I think you have to rotate the steering wheel right or left to display an arrow for the direction you want to adjust.

-Goat-
Old 02-05-2013, 02:29 PM
Tech Initiate

Here is a link to a post that has a very user friendly manual for the GT3B/C hacks.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/radio-el...re-manual.html

-Goat-
Old 02-07-2013, 09:10 AM
Tech Adept

So for your guys/gals that have this radio...

1. How is it with out the mods for regular racing?
2. For those modded how is now for racing?
I am on the fence for this radio but do i need it modded for regular use?

Thanx!
Old 03-01-2013, 08:35 PM
Tech Rookie

Just flashed to 0.6.1 and now the I have some glitching on channel one (steering). Once in a while the steering servo will move then return to center when there is no steering input (even set the radio down and it happened while the radio was sitting on a table). Never had glitching issues with stock firmware.

Trouble shooting steps taken:
Rebound the Rx and TX
Changed the number of channels from 3 to 2
Recalibrated the Tx
New Battries
Changed Servo
Added/Removed Glitch Buster
Changed to 0.5.0_3Channel and no glitching after an hour with the TX sitting on a table

Would appericate any trouble shooting tips.
Old 03-03-2013, 03:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default Li Po Alarm ????

Hi.

Need some advice please. I bought a hacked 3GTB of e bay. Not sure who did it but did say it wasn't worth doing anymore as it took too much time for the money he gets back.

While I have all the mods that i wanted like 72 model memory. One thing that I can't do is find a source to plug in my li po alarm. The switch is the obvious place to tap in but I can't access the wires that go into the switch.

Other wires i checked with a volt meter arent 12v so I cant tap into them.

Very frustrating as I just lost another li po battery from leaving it on. My fault but if the buzzer was connected this would have saved my li po.

Any advice would be much appreciated. I did ask on the 3GTB thread with no response!!!!
Old 03-03-2013, 06:16 AM
Tech Adept

On a GT3B with firmware 0.6.1 you can set the low voltage alarm and the inactivity alarms to what ever you like in the global menu. No need for a buzzer. Global menu also tells you your firmware version.
Old 04-09-2013, 02:42 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Firmware 3B vs 3C

Is the firmware the same for the 3B and the 3C? I am having trouble generating a custom firmware using my stock firmware.

Thanks,

Marten Davis
Old 05-19-2013, 09:00 AM
Tech Rookie

hey,

Am just wondering if anyone could clarify how the hacked GT3b failsafes? Can it be programmed or does the receiver just stop outputting signals?

Cheers

Dan
Old 05-19-2013, 09:30 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by danjr1
hey,

Am just wondering if anyone could clarify how the hacked GT3b failsafes? Can it be programmed or does the receiver just stop outputting signals?

Cheers

Dan
You set it at the receiver for the throttle channel. Doesn't matter if the radio is hacked or not. Works well.
Old 05-19-2013, 09:58 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Fast1Guy
You set it at the receiver for the throttle channel. Doesn't matter if the radio is hacked or not. Works well.
Is this the only channel it will failsafe on? Im thinking of using the system to control a fighting robot but the rules require everything to failsafe i.e. weapons such as spinning blades etc.

Cheers

Dan
Old 06-29-2013, 07:03 PM
Tech Rookie

Default programing

is there any way to get just a backlight, low voltage setting, inactivity alarm, and a latency, and a 3rd dig or 4wheel steer program??? i don't think i need all the rest, i'm not very good at programing this
Old 07-11-2013, 10:45 PM
Tech Rookie

how u set it back to factory defaults after doing everything wrong
Old 07-12-2013, 10:34 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

Hi all ya hack phreeks heehee I was jw if it is in anyway possible to make another receiver (other than the flysky ones) to bind to the radio, in particular, I have a bunch of the associated xp receivers! Thanks
Old 08-12-2013, 07:48 PM
Tech Rookie

well since no response i just bought another gt3b did regulator and bearing mod but i wont hack it can't figure out how to get end points and some other things to work properly
Old 08-23-2013, 04:39 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

So im trying to put together an order on Digi-key or mouser for the parts to do the hack mod's and im having a hard time finding the correct pin header to install on the radio.

Im looking for a right angle 4 pin molex header with 1mm pitch correct? i keep coming up with 2.54mm pitch stuff

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.