Wiki Posts
Search

DX3R VS DX3S

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2011, 09:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 119 (100%+)
Default DX3R VS DX3S

I have a DX3R for me and a DX3S for my wife. Both running stock rx's that came with them. Both in RC8T truggies with the same motor, esc, lipos, and gearing. All the trims are the same as well. Why is it that the DX3R (mine) feels much more responsive than the DX3S. It's like instantaneous for me when we race on my track. I try hers and it feels like there is a slight lag. I even tried trimming her throttle forward a bit and it still doesn't compare with mine. Is this because of the DSM2 on the R vs the DSM1 on the S.
Anyone know what I mean on this.
Terry
Old 07-03-2011, 10:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

They have the ability to use different framerates (response time)

3R is 5.5, 11 or 16.5 milliseconds

3S is only 11 or 16.5 milliseconds

Cheers
Old 07-03-2011, 10:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Divey
I have a DX3R for me and a DX3S for my wife. Both running stock rx's that came with them. Both in RC8T truggies with the same motor, esc, lipos, and gearing. All the trims are the same as well. Why is it that the DX3R (mine) feels much more responsive than the DX3S. It's like instantaneous for me when we race on my track. I try hers and it feels like there is a slight lag. I even tried trimming her throttle forward a bit and it still doesn't compare with mine. Is this because of the DSM2 on the R vs the DSM1 on the S.
Anyone know what I mean on this.
Terry
You answered your own question. That is correct.
Old 07-03-2011, 10:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

To verify, try manually changing your framerate to 11 and see how it feels. Lots of people claim to be able to notice the difference between a 5.5 ms framerate and 11 ms, but personally I believe the only two people who would notice are Commander Data and the Terminator.
Old 07-03-2011, 10:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

The 3S is also on DSM1 technology, which has more latency than DSM2 technology, which is what the 3R uses. All around, the 3R is a much better radio from its features to its construction. While the two look the same, they are made VERY differently regarding the quality of components that go into them.
Old 07-03-2011, 10:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 119 (100%+)

Thanks guys for the responses. I will try changing the ms rate and see if that makes a difference. Well now that I think of it when I use a SR300 or 3000 rx I can totally feel the difference. The difference is so much that after driving the 300/3000, I have to do a couple laps to get the feel because it's so responsive. Well I guess for my wife it's fine especially coming from a Traxxas 2.4 setup.
Thanks a bunch!

Terry