Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Skyion DX-PRO 2.4 GHz FHSS-D Digital Xtreme Pro

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2011, 06:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Actually, I'm pretty sure it's the same case as an Airtronics 92744 receiver with the antenna in a different location. Probably different internals as well because the 92744 is an FHSS-3 receiver. This one is more likely to be compatible with the FHSS-2 MX-Sport radio. The Associated stuff comes from Ace R/C like the "Cougar" radios. That's a legacy of Thunder Tiger having bought up both Ace R/C and Team Associated in the past. I'm fairly certain the DX-Pro is put together from Sanwa parts (parent company of Airtronics). I'm just waiting for someone that actually has one to confirm it.
Old 11-12-2011, 08:06 AM
Tech Elite

Location: anywhere I can race 2wd dirt,and 1/12 onroad in MI.
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

I dont know... bind button and LED in the same location as the AE receiver..antenna in the same place, case design is almost the exact same...
Attached Thumbnails Skyion DX-PRO 2.4 GHz FHSS-D Digital Xtreme Pro-picture160.jpg   Skyion DX-PRO 2.4 GHz FHSS-D Digital Xtreme Pro-skyion%2520receiver.jpg  
Old 11-12-2011, 06:12 PM
Tech Master

You're right. That is pretty close. That is why I really want to hear from someone that actually has a DX-Pro on the compatibility thing. I've used the Skyion manual to program my Airtronics MX-Sport and the process is identical. The wheel, handle, buttons and button placement are also clearly out of the "mold" as the MX-Sport. Who knows, maybe the Thunder Tiger / Ace / Associated radios are ultimately produce by Sanwa as well.
Old 11-13-2011, 07:16 AM
Tech Elite

Location: anywhere I can race 2wd dirt,and 1/12 onroad in MI.
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by beemerfan
You're right. That is pretty close. That is why I really want to hear from someone that actually has a DX-Pro on the compatibility thing. I've used the Skyion manual to program my Airtronics MX-Sport and the process is identical. The wheel, handle, buttons and button placement are also clearly out of the "mold" as the MX-Sport. Who knows, maybe the Thunder Tiger / Ace / Associated radios are ultimately produce by Sanwa as well.
I know that PRE- TT buyout the AM rtr radios AE used were sanwa based, so its a possibility for sure..
Old 12-05-2011, 07:09 AM
Tech Master

I finally answered my own question. Needed a radio for an RTR project I'm working on and bought one of these to check it out. The radio will NOT bind to an Airtronics MX-Sport or MX-3x radio in FHSS-2, FHSS-3 or any of the other bind modes. It was a bit of a dissapointment. Next I'm going to try and find someone with a first generation Airtronics/Sanwa FHSS radio and the Associated XP3-SS to see if it will bind to those. This is still a very nice radio with the exact same programmable features as the Airtronics MX-Sport in a nicer looking package with a better "feel" to the plastics used and a smaller receiver. It is obvious this radio is related somehow to the Airtronics, but just not sure how yet. I'll post a better review when I get some time but I can say my first impression is that this radio is an excellent value for the $40 price tag.
Old 02-10-2012, 04:17 PM
Tech Master

Default 2.4 Ghz cross compatibility

So I'm still looking for updates on cross compatibility of these radio systems. Recently looking at the Associated 2.4 Ghz system it is clearly out of the same mold as the Ace Cougar 2.4 systems. I think all of these are probably coming out of the same Sanwa factory somewhere in China. So this is just to improve the general knowlege base, but here's what I'd like to see tested. If anyone has access to two or more of these radios and can try it out, please report back here with your results.

1 st generation Airtronics FHSS radios like the MX3 FHSS
Associated XP3-SS
Ace Cougar P2 or P3
Ace Cougar PS3i
Skyion DX3 Pro FHSS-D

It would just be interesting to know if these radios and receivers are interchangeable. Not sure why it's so hard to find any information on the compatibility thing. I know the "manufacturers" would like to keep it a secret, but I remember hobbyist being more curious about things.
Old 02-11-2012, 07:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

If none of thosework you could put a diy module in it. but get some results I m all about this kind of stuff. I ve been on a mission to find metal gears that fit a traxxas servo...
Old 10-23-2012, 05:50 PM
Tech Rookie

Default need help

i have a skyion dx pro and need a new 2.4ghz rf module ,can one buy it some where as the one i have is stuffed
Old 12-30-2013, 08:46 AM
Tech Rookie

Cool hello pouriez you help me urgently ..

hello
havemyoffretthetelecomandedx-digitalpro2.4extremeand Ican not find themanualinfrench...esthat there areana?puior howI dobecause I donot understand English
thank youtohelp me