Search

Motor wind/Kv/Y equivalencies

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2011, 12:12 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ozzy-crawl
i would say the novak ballistic 1y will be 2200kv and the 1.5y 1500kv
or there abouts,these i would guess are designed for 4s and up applications.
but even on 2s the chances are they would turn your sc 4x4 inside out
there a large motor (43mm) than a 550 (36mm) in diameter,but there a 4 pole motor compared to the 550s 2 pole.
as racer1812 said there 1/8 motors.
if you want a motor with more power then the ballistic 550 then you could try a neu 1415 1D (4100kv) with a mambamax pro
but i would be surprised if a sc10 4x4 could hold up to the power that it could deliver.
@ racer1812 - your right I didn't specificly mention it, just thought I implied it. My bad.

Thanks for the input regarding Y motors.

Part of the reason for wanting to run a larger motor / esc combo, the sort that are often run in an 1/8th scale, is that it you tend to avoid the heat issues of a 10th scale system running at its max because you most likely don't have to run the 1/8th scale system as hard for the same or better performance. Nothing wrong with having more than I need and dial it back.

Hell, I ran this K2/550 combo in my 2wd sc10 (open 2wd class) and never had issues with the drive train. Folks told me that wouldn't work too but It's all in how you manage the power.

I assume Novak's soon to be released system will be similar to the Tekin SC motor [URL="http://www.teamtekin.com/sc4x.html"]http://www.teamtekin.com/sc4x.html[/URL
paired with an RS pro or Rx8 and it seems plenty of people are already putting that gear in their SC 4x4s. I guess it's the same argument used for buying anything with more horsepower than you might actually need - it's nice to know it's there and who knows maybe you'll eventually be able to put it to ground.

Last edited by Redbeard; 05-21-2011 at 02:57 PM.