Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Just purchased Spektrum dx3r

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2011, 08:50 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Just purchased Spektrum dx3r

I have just bought a second hand spektrum dx3r with receiver for £90 and it's condition is as good as new. I thought this was a good price but then again it's my first radio but what is everyone else's opions? Was this a good buy and what experience has anyone had with one?
Old 05-08-2011, 11:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dannyb
I have just bought a second hand spektrum dx3r with receiver for £90 and it's condition is as good as new. I thought this was a good price but then again it's my first radio but what is everyone else's opions? Was this a good buy and what experience has anyone had with one?
I just sold my DX3R after picking up a DX3R Pro. I liked it a lot, it did everything I needed and weighed less than my 3PKS. I was going to get a 4PKS but just couldn't justify $500 and it weighs more than the DX3R (I need a light radio for the long mains, damn arthritis.).

I still have the 3PKS which I use for Rock Crawling since the DX3R/Pro can't be set up for dual ESCs without an adapter.
Old 05-08-2011, 01:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

i have had dx2, dx3, dx3.0, dx3s, dx3r and now the dx3r pro and to tell you the truth i love spektrum radio's

you will be happy with your radio
Old 05-08-2011, 10:38 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks for some feedback, I read as much as I could about it before I before I bought one, I also have a mate that use Spektrum alot. And I know what u mean by light! Feels like if I drop it though it will break because it's that light.
Old 05-08-2011, 11:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

don't worry about dropping it, I've seen them roll down rock hills before. perfectly fine, also heard stories of them falling off the drivers stand to the solid concrete and being fine too. I'm not saying drop it on purpose, but from what I've seen and used they're very durable.
Old 05-08-2011, 11:26 PM
Tech Rookie

Haha I definatly won't be dropping it on purpose. Did I pay the right price though? That's what I was wondering the most... Cost me £90, came with receiver the manual and just a couple of spectrum stickers.
Old 05-08-2011, 11:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

dont know what that is on US funds but they sell used for 175-220 on here
Old 05-09-2011, 12:49 AM
Tech Initiate

£90 with receiver is a bargain i bought one secondhand a few weeks ago for £130 and i thought i got a good deal well done you
Old 05-09-2011, 02:56 AM
Tech Apprentice

90 GBP is about 150 USD, so yes, thats a GREAT deal. normally you cant find something in great condition with a reciever included for under 200 USD.

enjoy it, they are great radios.
Old 05-09-2011, 12:21 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by ZooB
90 GBP is about 150 USD, so yes, thats a GREAT deal. normally you cant find something in great condition with a reciever included for under 200 USD.

enjoy it, they are great radios.
Thats good to know then, as i said it is literally like new, i had an idea of what price should be good, it was on ebay for 99p start price with a 10 day auction, and the last one i watched went over £150 but it had a couple more things with it, so i offered the bloke in an email £90 and he accepted.