Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Will this electronic set up work??? rc10 b4.1

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2011, 12:07 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Will this electronic set up work??? rc10 b4.1

Setting up new ft b4.1 I have m11 tx w/ fhss-2 module and rx. Just bought new tekin rs w/ 13.5t redline motor. I also ordered the savox SC-1257TG servo. I am running 2s lipos. 2 questions.
1. Will this receiver/module work with the rs? I have been reading that the receiver will handle only 6V. Will the rs lower the voltage to the rx on 2s lipo? Or do i need a bec regulator, if so which one????
2.Will I have any problems with this digital servo and the rs speedo?

I guess thats three ?'s. Ha

Thanks for any input

Last edited by basedow100; 05-06-2011 at 12:38 PM.
Old 05-06-2011, 01:48 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by basedow100
Setting up new ft b4.1 I have m11 tx w/ fhss-2 module and rx. Just bought new tekin rs w/ 13.5t redline motor. I also ordered the savox SC-1257TG servo. I am running 2s lipos. 2 questions.
1. Will this receiver/module work with the rs? I have been reading that the receiver will handle only 6V. Will the rs lower the voltage to the rx on 2s lipo?
The built-in Tekin BEC should give you 6V output to the receiver. However...

Originally Posted by basedow100
2.Will I have any problems with this digital servo and the rs speedo?
That's the question. Savox servos seem to be a wild card, they pull a lot of juice. Some people just plug the servo into the receiver and it works. Most people, however, have to at least install a capacitor on the receiver - sometimes called a "glitch buster". Novak as well as a handful of other manufacturers sell capacitors with receiver plugs installed, and you can make one pretty easily on your own apparently. And for some others still, certain combinations of receiver / ESC require the use of an external BEC to get everything to work properly with savox servos.

I have the same car, have a Tekin RS Pro and a Futaba 603FF receiver. I have a 1257TG on order. I'm curious to see what I need to do myself to get this all working properly.
Old 05-06-2011, 02:56 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks nashville for the prompt response. So my next move is to get one of those and see how it goes. Novak it is.

Last edited by basedow100; 05-06-2011 at 03:10 PM.
Old 05-11-2011, 08:46 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Got my 1257tg installed just before practice tonight, did not need a glitch buster at all. Ran all night long without a single glitch. I will be installing one anyway for good measure (parts to build one are inbound), but good to know I don't require one. I'd be curious to see how it works with your Airtronics / Tekin combo.