Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
Traxxas 2075 Servo turns faster one way (out of car). >

Traxxas 2075 Servo turns faster one way (out of car).

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Traxxas 2075 Servo turns faster one way (out of car).

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 09:25 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Traxxas 2075 Servo turns faster one way (out of car).

Bashing with my Slash without problems until I changed the battery (7cell NiMh). Then the wheels would steer to the right at normal speed, but to the left it would be 10x slower. This continued with other batteries I tried and even after disconnecting the servo from the truck. Would happen when turning radio wheel to the left, or when turning to the right and releasing the radio wheel.

Servo makes no weird noises (gears are not stripped) and seems to have full power in both directions... just very slow one way.

I've rebuilt many servos, but can't figure this one out... any suggestions?

Thanks.
Old 05-02-2011, 11:35 AM
Tech Regular

Have you tested other servos using the same electronics? I doubt your battery had anything to do with it, but I don't want to rule out your radio and receiver.

From what you've posted, I want to say the potentiometer in the servo is shot, but I can't be sure. If it is the potentiometer, the servo needs to be replaced.
Old 05-05-2011, 09:09 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

without changing anything I put another new battery an cycled it and it worked perfect - for about 1 minute. Then it started getting slower and slower but only one direction. The other direction turned at normal speed

I tested the radio on another car and it worked fine. Do you still think it could be the receiver or should I be looking elsewhere?

Maybe time to open it up and check for moisture or loose gears. Or convert it to a sprint car where I only need to turn one way