Wiki Posts
Search

Futaba 3PM 2.4ghz FASST will not bind

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2011, 05:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default Futaba 3PM 2.4ghz FASST will not bind

I have a Futaba 3PM 2.4ghz FASST which has stopped binding to the 603FS received it was supplied with.

The issue baffles me as the radio still works with another 603fs that I have in a different car. I swapped the working Rx to the car I needed to drive without any trouble – and it still is working.

I thought, given one Rx is working it must be a dodgy RX, I have purchased a new 603fs and it will not bind with my radio.

I have tried binding the original Rx with another Futaba radio (a 3pk belonging to another member at my RC club) and it binds with no problem. Therefore the problem must be my radio - but it is still working with the other Rx.

Can anyone shed any light on this problem and a possible solution.

Just to complicate the problem, the Local Hobby Store where I purchased the radio, who at the time was the country X-Ray distributor, has closed down.
PDR TOO
Old 09-04-2011, 10:55 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

i am currently having the same issue with my 3pm and a slightly used r603ff i just bought online. my remote wont bind with the new rx so i did a search and found anpother post with a possible answer to the problem. it seems someone may have sent futaba their tx for firmware updates to fix this problem.

the good:
if your remote is still under waranty, futaba may update for free.

the bad: shipping and service fees arent cheap and it may be worthwile to switch to another remote, even tho i live the fasst system its expensive either way.

since i can not afford a whole new system and have 2x 80$ recievers already, im considering sending one in once futaba responds to my tech inquiry. any uck getting yours to work???
Old 09-05-2011, 06:10 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (78%+)

Try binding with all wifi capable devices turned off (ie iPad, laptop, router is you are in the same room). Had that problem with my 8fg and just shutting the top to my laptop allowed me to bind. Hope it is that simple.

Eric