Can u feel a difference in "c" ratings?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can u feel a difference in "c" ratings?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 01:30 PM
Tech Adept

Each point up in C rating is worth .25 of a second a lap, so a 40c pack will be 5 seconds faster than a 20C pack.
Old 04-26-2011, 01:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sam-E
My penis is 12 inches long!!! them are some impressive numbers!!!

I see your swhantz is as big as mine, lets see how well you handle it...
Old 04-26-2011, 08:43 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)

Old 05-13-2011, 01:59 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by FactoryTeam08
Each point up in C rating is worth .25 of a second a lap, so a 40c pack will be 5 seconds faster than a 20C pack.
Now that is total BS. How bout you factor in some other variables before you go making such claims.
Old 05-13-2011, 02:54 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by FTSC10
There hasnt been a test YET on this planet that has had a true scientific test, NOR has there been one that has been able to test FULL c capacity, highest pure solid amp draw that ive seen is 30 or 40 amps, i cant recall.

Here's an example of one up to 50C, or 110 amps. There are many more available where this one came from, from a variety of testers with a variety of batteries. There are also other sites with data. No opinion or feel involved.

Modified or top speed cars are not where the differences are most apparent, but rather in power limited stock classes. The small but distinct difference in batteries is mostly in punch/acceleration, top speed not so much.

Just like with ni-cads and ni-mh, there are differences in batteries for those who care. Good news is as lipos mature the typical capability is getting better, reducing the differences some.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showa...7&d=1273932824
Old 05-13-2011, 03:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I run onna indoor bluegroove clay track. I run a sc truck with a tekin rs and a 9.5 I can defiantly tell a little difference in the same brand pack 35c compared to the 65c. That being said I can take the timing advance in my esc and turn it from 85 to 90 with the 35c and it will feel like the 65c. So in conclusion I just run 35c cuz they are fine for me, the only thing the higher c does is hurt my checkbook!
Old 05-13-2011, 09:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I was always skeptical about higher "C" ratings giving you an increase in performance unless you were pushing the limits of a lower rated battery, until I started racing a stock spec class. In mod class racing it is very difficult to use all of your power, and even with a low rated pack you should still be fast. I dont think there is any more real difference in stock class racing, maybe even less, but that difference can show up coming out of every corner on some tracks, and since everyone should technically be really close to equal, any tiny difference can seem like a big advantage.
Old 05-14-2011, 08:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)
Default Well

I aem new to this hobby been doing it for less than a year, But I will tell you that on the one an only track I run on, my losi scte-ten with an 8th scale system in it. With a 40 c venom pack struggles to clear a certain triple on the track, Have tried it with a 40 c turnigy pack too close to same results. I have two different brand one 60c one 65c packs and the truck will easily clear the same jump using the same line, I have several 20-30c as turnigy rates them packs and the truck is much slower on them. This is an 8th scale system on a high traction track. I might not know much but in my limited experience higher c rating equals higher power. That said with my other three trucks with 540 and 550 motors I can't tell any difference except for run time switching the batteries in and out.