Wiki Posts
Search

Proteck Charger 106B and Team Check Point Supply Issue

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2011, 11:34 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)
Default Proteck Charger 106B and Team Check Point Supply Issue

Can some help I just got a checkpoint power supply 24amp ran my chargers last night. One is a 106B Protek other is a ICE. Ice powered up fine and charged without issues. T

Then I used My

Protek 106B started charge and it beeps and flashed a error code V3.1313 and goes back to the ogringal set screen. Played with the input voltage but nothing seems to work.

Error code V3.1313 AAA

Whats the problem
Old 03-19-2011, 04:54 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

See you've asked over on RC Groups. No real answer from those guys ...yet.

The 106b requires input voltage from 10-18v and the TC PS supplies voltage at 11-15v. Sure wouldn't appear to be a problem with input voltage. It could help if you'd measure the PS output voltage to be sure its in the correct range. If the PS is operating normally, this shouldn't be happening.

This is not a listed error in the manual, so I wonder if your 106b is having problems.

Hopefully Junsi will answer your post on RC Groups.....
Old 03-20-2011, 05:59 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Duster_360
See you've asked over on RC Groups. No real answer from those guys ...yet.

The 106b requires input voltage from 10-18v and the TC PS supplies voltage at 11-15v. Sure wouldn't appear to be a problem with input voltage. It could help if you'd measure the PS output voltage to be sure its in the correct range. If the PS is operating normally, this shouldn't be happening.

This is not a listed error in the manual, so I wonder if your 106b is having problems.

Hopefully Junsi will answer your post on RC Groups.....

Thanks I'm not sure whats going on since my ICE works perfectly it something with the protek. Tried again last night same problem cover the band with the input voltage since the team-check point input voltage can be adjusted
Old 03-20-2011, 06:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

The Icharger has a minimum input voltage setting that is configurable

Check what it is configured for by default

Cheers
Old 03-21-2011, 05:22 PM
Tech Lord

Reading the manual for the 106b, there's both voltage range and a max input current. The input voltage is supposed to range from 10-18v, manual seems to suggest its set at 10v by default. The input current limit for the 106b is 22amp and your PS is a 24amp unit (listed as a 25amp unit on Tower?).

Do you have access to another PS with a lower amp output so you can test?
Old 03-21-2011, 06:29 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Duster_360
Reading the manual for the 106b, there's both voltage range and a max input current. The input voltage is supposed to range from 10-18v, manual seems to suggest its set at 10v by default. The input current limit for the 106b is 22amp and your PS is a 24amp unit (listed as a 25amp unit on Tower?).

Do you have access to another PS with a lower amp output so you can test?
The higher power supply current capability is not a problem. If it was it would never work on a car battery for example, which is capable of much higher current. Extra current capability from the power supply is nearly always a good thing.

Jay, you say it goes back to the set up screen. That sounds normal, have you tried starting a charge after that?
Old 03-21-2011, 07:49 PM
Tech Champion

Thanks for all the feedback.

After I set the proper setting on the Protek charger I hit the start button on the 106B. 2-3 Sec pass then the charger beeps, screen indicated system check, flashes V3.1313 and goes back to setup screen.

Hit charge again and it does the same thing.

Power supply has adjustable input voltage pot. Ive adjusted all the way from min-max.

The funny part my ICE works perfectly. Does anyone use the teamcheck point 24amp supply with any of the protek line chargers?

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...P?I=LXWGU8&P=8
Old 03-21-2011, 07:54 PM
Tech Champion

Try it powered from a car battery? Seems unlikely, but that would eliminate most any possible power supply issue, such as a ripple or noise issue.
Old 03-22-2011, 11:27 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by bigjayjay1
Thanks for all the feedback.

After I set the proper setting on the Protek charger I hit the start button on the 106B. 2-3 Sec pass then the charger beeps, screen indicated system check, flashes V3.1313 and goes back to setup screen.

Hit charge again and it does the same thing.

Power supply has adjustable input voltage pot. Ive adjusted all the way from min-max.

The funny part my ICE works perfectly. Does anyone use the teamcheck point 24amp supply with any of the protek line chargers?

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...P?I=LXWGU8&P=8
Sounds like its time to call AMain and ask them what you need to do.....
Old 03-22-2011, 03:03 PM
Tech Elite

bigjayjay1,

We have brainstormed here in the office as to what the error code means; unfortunately, we don't know for sure.

I have been in contact with Junsi and will pass along any information as soon as I have it.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Old 03-22-2011, 09:46 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Aaron Waldron
bigjayjay1,

We have brainstormed here in the office as to what the error code means; unfortunately, we don't know for sure.

I have been in contact with Junsi and will pass along any information as soon as I have it.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Thanks Aaron love this charger but this problem but this issues is frustrating. I called AMAIN they couldn't give me any pointers which is understandable since its not a common problem. They gave me a RMA number but was hoping they would just swap out sending a unit with a return postage since its under warranty.

Wow brainstorming in the office just for me ---- I feel special
Old 03-23-2011, 09:51 AM
Tech Elite

I heard back from our contact at Junsi; they explained that the error code means that the charger is in need of a firmware update. Rather than try to explain the process only to find out that it may be an internal issue, we'd much rather just replace the charger for you. Please e-mail me at my address listed in my signature and we will send a call tag to pay the shipping.

We pay personal attention to all of our customers...don't feel too special.
Old 03-23-2011, 10:43 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

That to me is qualtiy service!!
Old 03-24-2011, 12:42 AM
Tech Champion

WOW awesome service you have a customer for life