Wiki Posts
Search

JR9100 S and T

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2011, 11:33 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default JR9100 S and T

I just want to know if you can run these off straight lipo....... Some say yes some say no. Any of you guys running them off straight lipo....
Old 03-14-2011, 05:36 PM
Tech Addict

Anybody???????
Old 03-14-2011, 07:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hdcruzer
I just want to know if you can run these off straight lipo....... Some say yes some say no. Any of you guys running them off straight lipo....
Absolutely not... I wouldn't even suggest running their HV servos off straight lipo.

I did it once to a 9100S and it failed on me within 10min.
Old 03-16-2011, 08:31 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by pyromania
Absolutely not... I wouldn't even suggest running their HV servos off straight lipo.

I did it once to a 9100S and it failed on me within 10min.
The 9100s and t are not HV servos. But according to JR they operate better on higher voltage. I havnt had good luck with any of there servos except for one T that lasted in my steering for about a yr and a half. The rest were all no good in less than 6 mos time and 2 of them were gone in 20 mins just running on 6 volt......
Old 03-16-2011, 09:09 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hdcruzer
The 9100s and t are not HV servos. But according to JR they operate better on higher voltage. I havnt had good luck with any of there servos except for one T that lasted in my steering for about a yr and a half. The rest were all no good in less than 6 mos time and 2 of them were gone in 20 mins just running on 6 volt......
+1
I had three of the S burn up in 15 minutes on 6v. Had a T last about 6 months. Have two Ts left, when they burn up, I am switching to Hitec. JR servos are junk. Did some testing on the S to confirm I wasn't doing anything wrong. With them out of the vehicle with no horn on, they would overheat within 5-10 minutes of blipping them as if I would when I used them as a throttle servo. All three sent in to JR had the same failure: brushes burnt off the motor. Poorly designed servos.