think you mean low 4 FDR, right ?

low 4 rollout would be amazing
Yea, my bad, FDR.
Old 09-05-2014, 09:32 PM   #347
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advil View Post
Looks like we have passed inspection and roar is checking availability. After that the Exec commitee has to vote on it before it can be posted. Hopefully soon...

anything further on this ?
purple haze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 06:17 AM   #348
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

the 21.5 actinium motor is now ROAR legal.
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / Shop@ Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 07:48 AM   #349
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanulec View Post
Great finally approved.
CW22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 08:56 AM   #350
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Awesome! We were just talking about this at Tamiya yesterday. Great news .
Old 09-07-2014, 10:11 AM   #351
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Special thanks to Bob for making this happen so fast!

Thanks again for your patience!

Art

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."
Advil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 11:06 AM   #352
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

We've updated the motor information on our Web site:

Old 09-07-2014, 05:48 PM   #353
Tech Fanatic

Got to run my now ROAR legal 21.5 TPS motor yesterday. It was really fast but my driving sucked. Got some telemetry data at different FDRs and will evaluate later. Tried SOAPs 3.7 FDR and I was 1/2 second slower than with my FDRs, but this track layout was much tighter than what SOAP ran on in Austin. It was faster in the straight with 3.7, but slower in the turns. Went back to Austin this morning but got rained out so no more testing until next week before the EOS race here in San Antonio.

BTW I got a Trinity motorlyser and I'll give you two guesses which of my motors looks the best!!!!. Sensors and Stators on my TPS are just about equally balanced and by far better than any other motor I have. Not bad for an over the counter store bought motor.

I'm running the timing at the last timing mark on the negative side of the motor. The motorlyser says that is 55 degrees. It came off the track at 135F after a 6 minute race in 100 degree heat (with an 8.4v R1 fan).
John Wallace2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 07:04 PM   #354
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wallace2 View Post
Got to run my now ROAR legal 21.5 TPS motor yesterday. It was really fast but my driving sucked. Got some telemetry data at different FDRs and will evaluate later. Tried SOAPs 3.7 FDR and I was 1/2 second slower than with my FDRs, but this track layout was much tighter than what SOAP ran on in Austin. It was faster in the straight with 3.7, but slower in the turns. Went back to Austin this morning but got rained out so no more testing until next week before the EOS race here in San Antonio.

BTW I got a Trinity motorlyser and I'll give you two guesses which of my motors looks the best!!!!. Sensors and Stators on my TPS are just about equally balanced and by far better than any other motor I have. Not bad for an over the counter store bought motor.

I'm running the timing at the last timing mark on the negative side of the motor. The motorlyser says that is 55 degrees. It came off the track at 135F after a 6 minute race in 100 degree heat (with an 8.4v R1 fan).
John, I think you have the motor over geared and under timed. I would start by timing it back to the 0 mark and find a gearing that it will like, or even advance it and do the same. This motor seems to be quite high rpm.
Current rides: Diggity DC4 Chassis #10. Losi JRX-S Type R. CRC Xi, Xti, and Altered Ego Aluminum Chassis. Associated B4 based dirt oval late model, and B4 Buggy.
WTB: Carpet racing in Arizona.
DesertRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 08:21 PM   #355
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

No right gearing for all, what worked for me may have not worked for John. Driving lines are different, along with other equipment. Everything is big in Texas and so is our track layouts.

REFLEXRACING.NET * TEXASEOS.NET * YOKOMO
b20btec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 09:49 PM   #356
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertRat View Post
John, I think you have the motor over geared and under timed. I would start by timing it back to the 0 mark and find a gearing that it will like, or even advance it and do the same. This motor seems to be quite high rpm.
Sorry I think I confused you let me try again. If you turn the timing ring counter clockwise to advance the timing, the timing ring marks on the negative side of the window align with the single timing mark on the end bell. Which is why I said the last mark on the negative side of the timing ring. If I go back to zero, I'll have less timing. Right now the window is at 4 and the motor has +55 degrees timing (according to the motorlyser). With that timing, I'm gearing in the low 4s. The 3.7 FDR was just a test using the FDR another racer, SOAP, used at a race here in Texas to see if he would have been faster with less gear - and he would have been at least on the track I ran on Saturday. I think what Team Powers meant by placing the + and - on the timing ring was to indicate the direction you should rotate the ring to advance/retard the timing, not that the those marks are increases/decreases in timing. That certainly fooled me when I was doing the dyno runs on this motor the first time.

BTW I was somewhat concerned with that amount of timing as we run 12 minute mains here in USGT. However after the 6 minute qualifiers, the temps were comfortable and my battery couldd certainly handle another 6 minutes in the TX heat.

Last edited by John Wallace2; 09-07-2014 at 10:02 PM.
Old 09-07-2014, 09:57 PM   #357
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by b20btec View Post
No right gearing for all, what worked for me may have not worked for John. Driving lines are different, along with other equipment. Everything is big in Texas and so is our track layouts.
yep and you certainly are a much better driver than I ever was. You should have seen the layout at Al's Saturday. Tightest track I've seen this year at either Austin or San Antonio. BTW what timing were you using at the EOS race?
Old 09-08-2014, 07:41 AM   #358
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wallace2 View Post
yep and you certainly are a much better driver than I ever was. You should have seen the layout at Al's Saturday. Tightest track I've seen this year at either Austin or San Antonio. BTW what timing were you using at the EOS race?
I was running 1 click past middle in the a main with 3.7 FDR. Actually for the next eos I'll be running a g style motor, which I tested with great results for a tighter layout.

The picture of my car with the timing cranked up was during one of the qualifying rounds. Too much top end.

REFLEXRACING.NET * TEXASEOS.NET * YOKOMO
b20btec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 10:41 AM   #359
Tech Elite

fastest setup I have run so far, in USGT 170' straight: full plus timing, timing is wierd, I see so many guys running full neg , 4.0fdr
Old 09-08-2014, 11:19 AM   #360
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by b20btec View Post
I was running 1 click past middle in the a main with 3.7 FDR. Actually for the next eos I'll be running a g style motor, which I tested with great results for a tighter layout.

The picture of my car with the timing cranked up was during one of the qualifying rounds. Too much top end.
That would slow the motor down some on the top end and give it some grunt on the bottom end, thus the 3.7 with probably be just about right. See you in San Antonio.