R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-14-2014, 07:26 AM   #301
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 517
Default

I received a new Actinium 21.5 motor from ADVIL, (art). This motor is the best motor i have ever had. I am .3 seconds faster than than the next competitors at the 2 tracks that I run at. I have been either 1st, or when my driver failed, finished no lower than 2nd place.

Thank you ADVIL for a great motor! Now I need to order a 17.5 motor!!!

Rich

Last edited by gdcopbdcop; 07-14-2014 at 07:27 AM. Reason: spelling
gdcopbdcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 09:32 AM   #302
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Nor-Cal
Posts: 1,832
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdcopbdcop View Post
I received a new Actinium 21.5 motor from ADVIL, (art). This motor is the best motor i have ever had. I am .3 seconds faster than than the next competitors at the 2 tracks that I run at. I have been either 1st, or when my driver failed, finished no lower than 2nd place.

Thank you ADVIL for a great motor! Now I need to order a 17.5 motor!!!

Rich
Good Job Rich! Told you us old guys could still drive! LOL

Wish I could have made it to Ripon, had to work.
__________________
Team Powers, SMC ( www.smc-racing.com the only place to order your batteries online.), Awesomatix, Gonzo Paints, BN Racing
www.TeamPowersUSA.com

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."
Advil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 09:50 AM   #303
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 517
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advil View Post
Good Job Rich! Told you us old guys could still drive! LOL

Wish I could have made it to Ripon, had to work.
AGHHH! work is a dirty 4 lettered word to us old retrired farts!! lol
gdcopbdcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 10:15 PM   #304
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Centurion RSA
Posts: 60
Default Boosted 13.5

So to all you experts out there, any advise on FDR for boosted 13.5? We got a huge asphalt track main straight about 60m. Ran the motor once at 7FDR , 0deg motor timing 45deg on the TEKIN and it was a little warm 78C. Will try and use a better fan this sunday.Any help would be appreciated.
benTC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 01:37 AM   #305
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 193
Default

Anyone running the TP speedies, just wondering if anyone has the ins and outs about the Turbo K and T levels?
B.C.Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 03:45 AM   #306
Tech Master
 
malcnz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: DUNEDIN, NewZealand
Posts: 1,296
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.C.Ninja View Post
Anyone running the TP speedies, just wondering if anyone has the ins and outs about the Turbo K and T levels?

I do...
__________________
SCHUMACHER MI5 EVO/TEAM POWERS/SANWA/DX4R PRO.

SERPENT F110/TEAMPOWERS 21.5.

LOSI 22 2.0/TEAM POWERS 8.5
malcnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 04:29 AM   #307
Tech Fanatic
 
daleburr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Oxfordshire, UK
Posts: 805
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by benTC5 View Post
So to all you experts out there, any advise on FDR for boosted 13.5? We got a huge asphalt track main straight about 60m. Ran the motor once at 7FDR , 0deg motor timing 45deg on the TEKIN and it was a little warm 78C. Will try and use a better fan this sunday.Any help would be appreciated.
Depends a lot on the infield as well. If the infield is tight then even with a big straight you'll have to gear fairly short.

On a med outdoor track I used to gear the Plutonium at 5.9 with max endbell timing and about 35 boost, 15 turbo on a Hobbywing ESC.
__________________
Team Xray
RC-Timing Software - http://www.rc-timing.com
Mercedes AMG F1 - http://www.mercedes-amg-f1.com/
daleburr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 07:44 AM   #308
Tech Fanatic
 
erchn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Union City, CA
Posts: 803
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by benTC5 View Post
So to all you experts out there, any advise on FDR for boosted 13.5? We got a huge asphalt track main straight about 60m. Ran the motor once at 7FDR , 0deg motor timing 45deg on the TEKIN and it was a little warm 78C. Will try and use a better fan this sunday.Any help would be appreciated.
I think you should gear up, I think your under stressing the motor and generating heat.

I run their 5.5t with boost, and timing at 1, at a gearing of 7.6 final.
erchn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 12:46 PM   #309
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Centurion RSA
Posts: 60
Default timing

Thanks guys, I might just start at FDR 6 and see what happens. BTW this is for the actonium 13.5, can I assume this applies to it as well?
benTC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 02:09 PM   #310
Tech Fanatic
 
erchn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Union City, CA
Posts: 803
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by benTC5 View Post
Thanks guys, I might just start at FDR 6 and see what happens. BTW this is for the actonium 13.5, can I assume this applies to it as well?
I was assuming Actinium, yes.
erchn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 05:51 AM   #311
Tech Fanatic
 
b20btec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Sugar Land
Posts: 999
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

TQ and overall race winner in Texas EOS USGT class yesterday. TP Actinium & XBooster powered my Yok BD7, Tamiya BMW GT LW to the winners circle. It was a great victory considering I got stuffed into a corner and was patiently waiting to be marshalled, fell back near last place and slowly picked off the cars to win by a matter of a few seconds. Jimmy D, Gridworks, and RSD Houston, thanks for the support.

b20btec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 09:24 AM   #312
Tech Regular
 
Gridworks Racing's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: SoCal
Posts: 398
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by b20btec View Post
TQ and overall race winner in Texas EOS USGT class yesterday. TP Actinium & XBooster powered my Yok BD7, Tamiya BMW GT LW to the winners circle. It was a great victory considering I got stuffed into a corner and was patiently waiting to be marshalled, fell back near last place and slowly picked off the cars to win by a matter of a few seconds. Jimmy D, Gridworks, and RSD Houston, thanks for the support.

That's awesome! It's great to hear about a customer's experiences with products. Keep up the good work!
__________________
☆★☆The Holidays are here, Be Merry and stock up on the stuff you want☆★☆
☆★☆ Gridworks Racing ☆★☆ Your Source for G-Daub, Blitz Racing Bodies, DryFluid, Epic 1 Designs, Hobbywing, LRP, R1 Wurks, Solaris Tires, Sorex, Team Powers, Tuning Haus, VBC Racing and More!
Gridworks Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 06:52 PM   #313
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 517
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridworks Racing View Post
That's awesome! It's great to hear about a customer's experiences with products. Keep up the good work!
GRIDWORKS OR ADVIL! There is a question on the usgt thread about the roar
legalities of the Actinum 21.5 motor. Could you answer if it is legal for a roar race?
gdcopbdcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 09:42 AM   #314
Tech Elite
 
JayL's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Ca
Posts: 2,796
Default

it's really simple, unless you see it on one of these two websites it's not legal, yet:

http://roarracing.com/approved_brushless_motors.php

http://roarracing.org/4rmb/forumdisp...otor-Approvals
__________________
MOD: A800 R1 Digital-2 HW G2 4.5T|||VTA: Awesomatix EVO 1.1 Orca VX3 24K |||F1:
Xray X1 2017 HW XR10 StockSpec R1 21.5|||Futaba 4PX|||iCharger 308Duo
JayL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 10:22 AM   #315
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Kirkland, WA
Posts: 907
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdcopbdcop View Post
GRIDWORKS OR ADVIL! There is a question on the usgt thread about the roar
legalities of the Actinum 21.5 motor. Could you answer if it is legal for a roar race?
It is not legal at this time, it was submitted late and is undergoing testing at this time. At least that's the way it was stated earlier in the thread. The 17.5 is legal and is currently the only roar legal actinium at this time. It's supposed to be a shoe-in to pass but it's going to take a while before roar does it's thing to pass it.
__________________
-Mike B.
Carnage9270 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
R.A.B. Hobbies venom54 Australian Racing 423 12-18-2016 03:30 PM
Racecraft News Kylelim Singapore R/C Racers 145 02-11-2014 07:53 PM
NEW Bruhsless Motors from TEAM POWERS schmutz Electric On-Road 15 02-05-2011 03:31 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:58 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net