How many ESC can a receiver handle?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How many ESC can a receiver handle?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2011, 02:54 PM
Tech Regular

Default How many ESC can a receiver handle?

I was wondering if a ESC can handle 4 ESC brushless at same time is these possible or at least 2 i think of doing something cool but i need to know if it can handle that much for a controller or receiver?
Old 02-23-2011, 03:28 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

In theory the receiver will handle anything you plug into it... the problem arises with the current/voltage provided by your BEC or receiver battery. If you only use one ESC's BEC you should be fine, just disconnect the red wire of the other ESC's so only black and white are plugged into the receiver. If you don't you will run the risk of having mismatched voltages supplied to the receiver and problems and damage ensues. Just be certain the BEC will supply the voltage and current required to power your servos as well. You'll have to talk to the ESC MFG to get an idea if the ESC requires significant voltage from the Receiver for operation, most ESC's operate off of the battery hooked up to them, though. Check receiver voltage capabilities too. Some can handle up to 9V, others less.

* Are you asking about four ESC's in receiver, or four motors on one ESC? I guess I'm not sure of the question now.*

Last edited by Banshee8530; 02-23-2011 at 03:31 PM. Reason: Not sure I answered the question...
Old 02-24-2011, 02:37 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks for the reply. It really helps.. I'm asking if the a receiver could handle as many ESC's it has channels for, one in each channel.