Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree11Likes

Airtronics MT4 Pistol radio w/telemetry

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2012, 06:41 AM
Tech Apprentice

The Yeah Racing Wheel is slightly bigger than the original. I can't notice the difference really
Old 08-16-2012, 09:49 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Is there a drop down wheel kit available for the MT-4? I know that a company was considering it but abandoned it due to lack of interest. I used an M8 for several years, then decided to buy a new MT-4. It's a great transmitter, but I'm sooo used to the wheel position on the M8 that this MT-4 feels awkward.
Old 08-16-2012, 10:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

It looks like the M12 drop down kit will fit the mt4 when that finally comes out?
Old 08-16-2012, 11:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Unhappy

I looked briefly through the thread and didn't find anything on this.

Have any of you had problems losing the neutral point on your radio? Mine has been loosing the neutral point on the VR Adjust (i.e. Variable Rate Adjustment), setting it to something other than zero (or close to zero). This, without further explanation, is no bueno. If you've had this issue, is there a fix besides recalibrating the VR Adjust?
Old 08-16-2012, 02:21 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jhautz
It looks like the M12 drop down kit will fit the mt4 when that finally comes out?
I saw mention of that somewhere. If that is true, I hope it's available soon and for a reasonable price. I'm starting to wish I'd have just picked up an M11 and continued using my Spektrum module and receivers.
Old 08-20-2012, 07:06 PM
Tech Initiate

MT-4 with RX-461 reciever and Novak Hovak 540 motor and ESC.
My radio trigger in the neutral position is now the full throttle and what would be the normal full throttle (fully squeezed trigger) is now the neutral position. I hit a small puddle, the truck came to hault. After it dried a short time later it was in this reversed trigger position. Any way to reset it?
Old 08-20-2012, 07:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Overtorqued
I saw mention of that somewhere. If that is true, I hope it's available soon and for a reasonable price. I'm starting to wish I'd have just picked up an M11 and continued using my Spektrum module and receivers.
http://www.shop.kopropoamerica.com/i...roduct_id=1351
Old 08-20-2012, 08:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SC44
My radio trigger in the neutral position is now the full throttle and what would be the normal full throttle (fully squeezed trigger) is now the neutral position. I hit a small puddle, the truck came to hault. After it dried a short time later it was in this reversed trigger position. Any way to reset it?
Have you tried recalibrating the esc? That would be the first thing to try.
Old 08-20-2012, 09:39 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by ufoDziner

No, I'll give that a try. I'm still trying to figure out how the components interact with each other.
Old 08-21-2012, 07:29 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by ufoDziner
Thanks for the suggestion. I did the one touch programming sequence in the instructions....learn something new everyday.
Old 08-21-2012, 06:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Thanks for the suggestion. I did the one touch programming sequence in the instructions....learn something new everyday.
Awesome. Glad to hear it.
Old 08-21-2012, 10:31 PM
Tech Master

I just posted this same thing a couple posts before yours. I could not find a permanent fix. My new radio came in the mail today.
Old 08-22-2012, 08:06 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by samnelso
I just posted this same thing a couple posts before yours. I could not find a permanent fix. My new radio came in the mail today.

So did you replace your radio and reciever? I knew since everything still worked that it must have been some kind of reset that needed to be done, I just didn't know exactly until I posted. Everything works as it should once again
Old 08-22-2012, 01:42 PM
Tech Master

Your issue may have been slightly different than mine. Sounds like yours could have been a speedo issue. Mine was an issue on at least two seperate vehicles and consisted of my radio resetting the neutral point (under the radio's VR Adjust setting). The resetting of my radio's neutral prevented a recalibration of the speedos and required a recalibration of the radio itself. Unfortunately, the radio recal did not hold. I'll get my new radio up and running today. I got another MT-4. Great little radio despite the small issues I've had of late. I've used the heck out of it - at least 250hrs of racing use.
Old 08-22-2012, 02:33 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by samnelso
Your issue may have been slightly different than mine. Sounds like yours could have been a speedo issue. Mine was an issue on at least two seperate vehicles and consisted of my radio resetting the neutral point (under the radio's VR Adjust setting). The resetting of my radio's neutral prevented a recalibration of the speedos and required a recalibration of the radio itself. Unfortunately, the radio recal did not hold. I'll get my new radio up and running today. I got another MT-4. Great little radio despite the small issues I've had of late. I've used the heck out of it - at least 250hrs of racing use.

That's good to know that these radios are that reliable. It was reccommended that I buy one of these and with all the people I see using them at the track I'm glad I did. As with most electronics there's bound to be issues. Mine is still very new and I'm still learning the relationships between the different components and having fun in the hobby at the same time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.