Search

DX3R PRO 3CH DSM2 Racing System by Spektrum

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 11:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lapper
OK.... I'll ask again....
Did they go with an EL backlight or did they stick with the same LED lighting?
Not sure if I can help with the technical terms, but I can tell you what the screen looks like with using it the past 6 months.

The lighting lights up the whole screen and will dim itself back to normal when no buttons are pressed. It's an LCD screen and the lighting does not look to be LED at all. It looks to be more of an EL backlight.

I haven't disassembled my radio to truly know, but I've seen LED backlights before and this doesn't look like one. It lights just like a 3pk/4pk where the it glows the whole screen... but in white. Looks blue in the photos, but mine is pre-production so not sure if has been changed.
Old 01-17-2011, 02:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lason
Yep Im in the market too and I just cant get past the looks of this thing. I have heard nothing but good things about these radios but Spektrum has never had original or good looking radio, they just look very cheap to me (price tag says different though, lol).

Features wise, sounds like a great deal though!
What would you consider original looking ?
As far as price it's cheaper than a 4pk , M11x and a KO.
Old 01-18-2011, 07:59 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by johnperdeye
Explain the abs feature I assume you would have to have speed servo on the throttle side.
ABS will pulse your servo or ESC just like on your ful-size car. You can adjust the intensity and frequency of the ABS through the radio itself.

OK.... I'll ask again....
Did they go with an EL backlight or did they stick with the same LED lighting?
I don't know what tech was used here and the person who would know is out of the office until next week, sorry.
Old 01-18-2011, 08:15 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Can you clear this up. If I can use the marine reciever (MR200) on this radio which is compatible with my DX6i airplane radio. Does this mean I can bind this radio to my airplane reciever?
Old 01-18-2011, 08:42 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)

Thanks for the reply Shreff and good luck at the Birds this year. I have one more question and it's regarding the ABS feature. I know a few people who have used this feature with other radios and some have had issues with the ABS burning up servos due to the rapid transit rate. Are there specific servos you "should" be using to take advantage of this feature or maybe has to at least have some kind of minimum spec requirements? Oh yeah... is an idle up feature something that can be added in the future via the SD card?
Old 01-18-2011, 09:05 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by zake540
Can you clear this up. If I can use the marine reciever (MR200) on this radio which is compatible with my DX6i airplane radio. Does this mean I can bind this radio to my airplane reciever?
No, it will not work with the air receiver. The Marine Technology is unique in that it bridges the gaps between the air and surface DSM2, however the code is still different enough that it is not compatible with the air receivers.
Old 01-18-2011, 09:09 AM
Tech Champion

Thanks for the reply Shreff and good luck at the Birds this year. I have one more question and it's regarding the ABS feature. I know a few people who have used this feature with other radios and some have had issues with the ABS burning up servos due to the rapid transit rate. Are there specific servos you "should" be using to take advantage of this feature or maybe has to at least have some kind of minimum spec requirements? Oh yeah... is an idle up feature something that can be added in the future via the SD card?
Idle Up is already there out of the box, no update needed.

I've never had an issue with servos burning up with ABS, but this is where properly setting your endpoints makes a huge difference too. If you're worried about it I would suggest using a servo with an aluminum case to give a little better heat dissipation such as the Spektrum S6040.
Old 01-18-2011, 10:47 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jag5508
What would you consider original looking ?
As far as price it's cheaper than a 4pk , M11x and a KO.
Orignal as in using the same case JR was using when Spektrum first came out. Thats what I remember when I hear spektrum. I understand its cheaper than the radios you listed, I merely said it LOOKED cheap to me but the price said otherwise. $200 is not what I would consider "cheap" but yes your right, there are more expensive radios out there.
Old 01-18-2011, 12:06 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Lason
Orignal as in using the same case JR was using when Spektrum first came out. Thats what I remember when I hear spektrum. I understand its cheaper than the radios you listed, I merely said it LOOKED cheap to me but the price said otherwise. $200 is not what I would consider "cheap" but yes your right, there are more expensive radios out there.
I don't remember what the Jr one looked like . So your probably right .
Old 01-18-2011, 12:15 PM
Tech Elite

Looks like Gary is on top of this already. I personally don't use any of those driving aides. I used ABS once just to see what it was like, but I'd rather use standard linear brakes.

I won't be at Birds either. Have other things going on that prevent me from going. Really gonna miss it as I've been at the Birds for the past 6 years or so.
Old 01-18-2011, 12:41 PM
Tech Initiate

.... just now i buy m11x!!!
Old 01-19-2011, 08:24 AM
Tech Champion

Here's the link to the drop-down kit for those interested:

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=SPM9021
Old 01-19-2011, 11:48 AM
Tech Addict

Now I am torn. The DX3R has been an awesome radio for me. I loved my M8, but the battery life on these things are amazing and the compact size and weight.

I also added the big grip awhile back and it helped for hand size. In the world of technology: my biggest wish would be a convertible trigger to fit atleast a couple of different angles.

I would love to try the drop down, the grid conversion looked to be of very high quality but now a direct conversion from spektrum may hurt them.

The SD route seems to be how the world is moving. Most high end GPS units, gaming systems, and even my high end radar detector has this feature for updating and holding additional memory-cheaply.

Incorporating the monitoring system also gives this radio flexibility for a wide range of users is a bonus.
Old 01-19-2011, 01:14 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RCGaryK
Here's the link to the drop-down kit for those interested:

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=SPM9021
Is it already in stock ?
Old 01-19-2011, 05:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (97%+)

For the new dx3r pro will there be dsm2 telemetry rxs? Or does the stock dx3r pro rx have this ability? The only thing i want to monitor is the rx battery voltage i run lipo rx packs.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.