Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What to look for, for a good steering or throttle servo

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2011, 12:42 PM
Tech Adept

Default What to look for, for a good steering or throttle servo

Besides quality, do i want more torque on my steering servo and more speed for my throttle/brake servo or vice versa? or what power and speed specs I should have for either of the two. I would like to spend less than $100 for each and the Savox ones are looking good right now. they would also be in a 1/8 nitro buggy.

Oh I'm also planning to use nimh batt for the Rx and a suggestion on which mAh capacity would be nice.

Thanks for reading.
Old 01-08-2011, 12:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I recommend the Hitec 7955 for a steering servo. I'm not sure on the throttle servo, considering I'm a 1/8th electric guy and we don't use throttle servos.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXTHR3&P=FR
Old 01-08-2011, 01:45 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Tyler350
I recommend the Hitec 7955 for a steering servo. I'm not sure on the throttle servo, considering I'm a 1/8th electric guy and we don't use throttle servos.
wow.. 333 oz. of torque! this is not overkill??
Old 01-08-2011, 02:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Overkill with electronics is rarely a bad thing!

I would consider what you are currently using and decide what your skill level could benefit from with more speed. A super fast servo for steering is awesome, but if you frequently oversteer and you dont have radio adjustments to slow down a fast servo, it could be worse. If you feel like what you have is lagging, you will definitely want more speed. For throttle its the same; if your engine can benefit from faster throttle movement you can gain some explosive acceleration. But if your not a good engine tuner you may not see the benefit, and in some cases it can cause your engine to seem worse by opening too quickly. As long as you can adjust your endpoints to avoid stressing anything, then maximum torque is almost always better.