FlySky FS-GT3B or Something else?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FlySky FS-GT3B or Something else?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2011, 09:00 AM
Tech Regular

Can someone tell me the difference between the GT3B and the GT3? What do you get from the GT3 (for $25 more) that the GT3B doesn't have? I have the GT2 and love it but thinking about adding a new radio so I'm looking at the GT3B.
Thanks
Mark
Old 05-05-2011, 06:22 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mark in wi
Can someone tell me the difference between the GT3B and the GT3? What do you get from the GT3 (for $25 more) that the GT3B doesn't have? I have the GT2 and love it but thinking about adding a new radio so I'm looking at the GT3B.
Thanks
Mark
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xf-7yDRZPd0

i just got mine the other day and started to play with it today. cool radio for the price.

the video above shows the differences. the older one has more features that i need in my electric cars. oh well that thing is a huge beast
Old 05-17-2012, 12:53 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

All,

Sorry to bring up an old thread but I have an issue and hoping I can get some help.

I just got the GTB3, installed it in my xxx-sct with a castle mamba max pro. It binds fine, I've rebound it a couple times with what appears to be success (light goes from blinking to solid the second I turn the remote on (while holding bind button of course). Then, I plug the esc back into chan2 and servo into chan1, turn on the truck, and the red LED on the reciever blinks red very slowly. May e 2-3 seconds on, same time off, and repeats indefinently.

Any idea what could be going wrong? Truck/esc worked fine yesterday with stock Losi transmitter/reciever

Thanks!
Old 05-17-2012, 01:32 PM
dtr
Tech Master

Originally Posted by sffan15
All,

Sorry to bring up an old thread but I have an issue and hoping I can get some help.

I just got the GTB3, installed it in my xxx-sct with a castle mamba max pro. It binds fine, I've rebound it a couple times with what appears to be success (light goes from blinking to solid the second I turn the remote on (while holding bind button of course). Then, I plug the esc back into chan2 and servo into chan1, turn on the truck, and the red LED on the reciever blinks red very slowly. May e 2-3 seconds on, same time off, and repeats indefinently.

Any idea what could be going wrong? Truck/esc worked fine yesterday with stock Losi transmitter/reciever

Thanks!
You have to calibrate the esc to the new receiver. The procedure is in the Castle manual, it is something like turn on transmitter set everything on it to neutral (epa and dual rate 100%, trims at 0), hold full throttle, turn on ESC, it will beep some, wait, beep again, then push full reverse, wait for sceond set of beeps, then release to neutral, wait again.
Old 05-17-2012, 02:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Oh man I hope that's all it is!

Thanks for your reply.
Old 05-18-2012, 12:15 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by quixoticboi
So... I'm using a FlySky FS-GT2 but want to upgrade to a radio with more than just throttle and steering trims, as I want to start racing.

I realize there's a HUGE thread on the GT3B, but never really saw any info as far as comparing it to leading competitors.

The price, like many others, is what attracts me. I am wondering if anyone uses this for racing and if there have been any problems, aside from the known... i.e. blacklight led.

I really want honest opinions that have actually used the GT3B and others like Spektrum, Futaba, etc, and what your thoughts are comparatively.

I don't think it's "worth" it to spend $300 on a TX/RX if a $50 one will do the job fine. So please, voice your thoughts. Thanks!
I just switched from my old 75 mhz M8 to the FS gt3b. here is my take.
- The trims are bad. But can be fixed with the software upgrade.
- and the reponse time seems a little sluggish to me, but if your new to racing, you might not notice it yet. It was definitely slower than my M8.

Otherwise the radio is fine. But in my honest option, spend the extra $15 and get the pre Modded FS GT3b. So all the bugs are fixed. I plan to add in the LED mod to mine, I cant ever tell if its on and left it on for 2 hours the other night..... So an on/off LED is nice and the materials are like $8.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/radio-el...ch-thread.html

and

http://www.overkillrc.com/products.h...=0&sort=normal