Community
Wiki Posts
Search

novak GTB / motor glitching.. ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2010, 03:16 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default novak GTB / motor glitching.. ideas?

hi there. my novak gtb and novak ballistic 10.5 setup is glitching with its throttle. it runs fine for a while, say 5 minutes or so then just completely stops any motor power. when throttle is applied, the lights on the gtb do change and register someform of signal, but the motor does not go. i turn the esc off, unplug the battery, plug it back together, turn the esc on and generally that seems to solve the issue and its back up and running again. seems very random as to when it decides to stop. all the power and sensor wires and plugs seem to be in very good condition, nothing i can see is loose. battery is a nice reasonable new ip lipo..any ideas what might be causing the problem, or where i should direct my attention? cheers!
Old 10-29-2010, 05:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Try replacing the sensor wire. It can look plugged in fine, but still be bad. I ran into this issue a little while back and chased it around until I replaced that harness. They're cheap ($5) and you should have a spare on hand anyway (they do go bad).
Old 10-29-2010, 07:42 AM
Company Representative

What brand receiver are you using?

Originally Posted by merckx
hi there. my novak gtb and novak ballistic 10.5 setup is glitching with its throttle. it runs fine for a while, say 5 minutes or so then just completely stops any motor power. when throttle is applied, the lights on the gtb do change and register someform of signal, but the motor does not go. i turn the esc off, unplug the battery, plug it back together, turn the esc on and generally that seems to solve the issue and its back up and running again. seems very random as to when it decides to stop. all the power and sensor wires and plugs seem to be in very good condition, nothing i can see is loose. battery is a nice reasonable new ip lipo..any ideas what might be causing the problem, or where i should direct my attention? cheers!
Many times the problem you are experiencing will have an easy fix and you will not need to return your product for service. Unless you include the info below, we may not be able to assist you by email. Please email [email protected] with your question, Our regular CS/Tech Support hours can be located here. Before emailing, take a moment to review the instructions (trouble-shooting guide) originally included with your Novak Item:

Novak Instruction Downloads

Please make your initial email as detailed as possible. Include:

~ speed control (brand/model)
~ motor (brand/wind)
~ number/type of cells
~ battery, brand (c rating/capacity
~ rotor (old/new)
~ connectors used
~ servo (brand/model)
~ radio system (receiver/transmitter)
~ vehicle & gearing
~ warranty claim?
~ lipo cut-off, on/off
~ any external modules (BEC/brand, Glitch Buster)
~ other important info: water damage, corrosive chemical sprays, excess heat, etc
The more information you provide in your first email, the more quickly tech support can offer you assistance; without his information, diagnosing your problem is practically impossible. You can PM me if you want additional assistance.

Video: How to Clean Your BL Motor

Trouble-shooting TeamNovak's One Touch™ Speed Controls
Old 10-31-2010, 05:04 AM
Tech Apprentice

novak2 thanks for all the info, most helpful. i have a 29mhz AM futuba R142JE receiver in it.

klaymon i think you might be right. i removed the corally plugs and direct soldered the power leads to the motor. still glitching every now and then, but when the sensor lead is jiggled, it goes again. that seem to be the fault to me, so i will buy another from the novak shop.
Old 11-03-2010, 03:42 AM
Tech Apprentice

sensor lead it was. thanks klaymon! replaced it today and ran a full pack, no problems.

novak2 i wanted to buy genuine from your estore, but the flat $US35.00 shipping fee is crazy! and the fact it is not negotiable at all...

i would buy heaps of stuff from you if it was normal shipping costs, such as us post etc. ihavebought heaps of stuff online from the US and someofit very large, and notone single thing has ever gone missing, nor taken very long to get here...
Old 11-03-2010, 04:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Glad to hear it!
Old 11-03-2010, 06:05 AM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by merckx
sensor lead it was. thanks klaymon! replaced it today and ran a full pack, no problems.

novak2 i wanted to buy genuine from your estore, but the flat $US35.00 shipping fee is crazy! and the fact it is not negotiable at all...

i would buy heaps of stuff from you if it was normal shipping costs, such as us post etc. ihavebought heaps of stuff online from the US and someofit very large, and notone single thing has ever gone missing, nor taken very long to get here...
Our Shopatron "store" is a shopping interface where orders for distributed products are not generally shipped by us, but by affiliated hobby shops around the US. Many of the procedures are determined by Shopaton and we do not have that much flexibility over shipping methods and costs.

We have distributors all over the world who sell Novak products:

TeamNovak international Distributors

Many US retailers also ship internationally, for those Novak items not available in your market.
Old 11-03-2010, 05:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

thanks two! that's really helpful