Wiki Posts
Search

Radio Glitches / Studdering / Interference

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2010, 02:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Radio Glitches / Studdering / Interference

Hi,

I have a Sportwerks Recoil Pro Spashett Edition using an Xceleron 9400kv motor/ Dynamite Tazer ESC and im having troubles with my radio system.

Its a Hitec Ranger 2N - 27mhz AM TX with HP-2RNB AM Receiver.

I have been getting glitches and servo studdering/interference for awhile now and would like to know the best way to overcome this so the car dosnt get damaged by running out of control.

I have wrapped the Receiver in Aluminium foil but it still dosnt make any difference.

If I turn the car and radio on and walk the car away from the radio the servo will start studdering like crazy and wheels will start to turn also. When i return close to the radio it will stop,but sometimes will still glitch.

Is there anyone else having this trouble or can give me direction on how to avoid the glitches/studders/interference as this was not the only car ive had that suffered from this problem. Would like to eliminate the Interference before I have to buy a better radio system.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

KumaGutsa
Old 10-16-2010, 04:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

I am using it in a Metal shed and wondered if this has anything to do with it?

I Just walked outside and placed the radio on the ground and walked the car about 50mtrs away without a glitch or servo studdering so i dont think its a radio problem anymore.

What are some enviromental factors that cause radio malfunction?

Lights - Stereo Systems - Speakers - House wiring, can these cause a radio to glitch and get interference?

Thanks.

Kgutsa
Old 10-16-2010, 07:24 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

I think you found your problem, sorry to say but cheap AM radios really don't like any of the things you listed.
Old 10-17-2010, 12:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

there are so many things that can make it go nuts for how cheap a dsm radio is now your better off just getting a new radio

http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...dProduct=10608
Old 10-17-2010, 03:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thahks for responses guys.

Just want to know, have you tried the radio you linked me to? If so whats it like? Did it suffer from any interference problems?

i know its at the cheaper end of the scale but if it works without interference problems then i guess you cant go wrong with it hey, Or even have it for a second radio. Its cheap enough. $16 TX and $7 RX.

KuMaGuTsA
Old 10-17-2010, 03:55 PM
Tech Initiate

A 2.4ghz radio is the latest and greatest to conquer glitching. AM radios are very old technology and many environmental variables will cause is to glitch. If you live in a fairly large city you will glitch. Anything from power lines to radio stations will disperse the AM transmission from the transmitter. Get a 2.4ghz radio and you will see quite a difference in performance and range.

I live in a metropolitan area and even with an FM radio on PCM mode, my range would be about 180-225ft. I changed to a 2.4ghz system and have at least tripled that.
Old 10-17-2010, 11:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KumaGutsa

Just want to know, have you tried the radio you linked me to? If so whats it like? Did it suffer from any interference problems?

i know its at the cheaper end of the scale but if it works without interference problems then i guess you cant go wrong with it hey, Or even have it for a second radio. Its cheap enough. $16 TX and $7 RX.

KuMaGuTsA
I have one and it will be a great replacement coming from an AM radio. I dont recomend it for nitro due to not having EPA. However it works great in my electric mini. The total cost goes up a bit with the shipping, but try to order some other things like batteries, servos and/or extra rx to even the extra shipping out. My order got to me in less than a week and everything was fine.
Old 10-18-2010, 07:11 PM
Tech Apprentice

After reading ppls feedback and the reviews about the FS-GT2 radio i decided to buy one from hobbyking and give it a go.

Seems that almost everyone who has got one hasnt got anything bad to say about it. Everyone seems just so happy with it for the price.

Its range seems unbelievable and glitching is almost non existent, So all i can do is give it a try and if it doesnt glitch in my shed then i will be more then happy.

Thanks guys for your input and advice.

KumaGutsa
Old 10-19-2010, 12:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

KuMaGuTsA
i had one and ill be getting another one its a great radio for the price

Originally Posted by WrecklessREX
I have one and it will be a great replacement coming from an AM radio. I dont recomend it for nitro due to not having EPA. However it works great in my electric mini. The total cost goes up a bit with the shipping, but try to order some other things like batteries, servos and/or extra rx to even the extra shipping out. My order got to me in less than a week and everything was fine.
i had one on a nitro car worked fine for me never had anything go wrong on me

After reading ppls feedback and the reviews about the FS-GT2 radio i decided to buy one from hobbyking and give it a go.

Seems that almost everyone who has got one hasnt got anything bad to say about it. Everyone seems just so happy with it for the price.

Its range seems unbelievable and glitching is almost non existent, So all i can do is give it a try and if it doesnt glitch in my shed then i will be more then happy.

Thanks guys for your input and advice.

KumaGutsa
the nice thing about this radio is the rx are so cheap i just wish the rx would work with my spektrum radio then i would buy 10 hobby king rx to put in my bashing rc's