Hyperion Duo3

Old 09-09-2010, 08:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (89%+)
Default Hyperion Duo3

Anyone else not able to get the TVC function of the hyperion duo3 charger to work? I am trying to achieve a 4.22 charge voltage and it only goes up to 4.19 most the time. I must be doing something wrong or it doesn't work like it says it will. This is with a 1 cell pack. Haven't tried 2 cell with it though. Sucks that I can't get it to work as this charger does everything else great. Thanks for any input or help.
Old 09-10-2010, 03:14 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

its bad idea to go over 4.20 anyway
Old 09-10-2010, 05:47 PM
Tech Champion

+^ With virtually no benefit in performance. Any over charge is probably gone by the time you turn the car on based on the discharge graphs I have seen. Not worth the trouble and risk.

Also no longer allowed at ROAR races if you care about that.
Old 09-11-2010, 12:03 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (89%+)

Thanks for the heads up on the safety issue but almost all chargers are allowing some voltage regulation by the user. Our local tracks rules is 4.22 per cell and in carpet oval racing everything matters. Off-road or most any other racing I would agree it wont matter but in oval it might. For the price of this charger I feel that it should work like it says it will. Just wondering if it was just my charger or if they are all that way. Right now I have a GFX that will charge to whereever I set it so that at each track you can set your charger to the voltmeter they are using that day. Guess I will just stick with that charger.
Old 09-11-2010, 07:43 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I'd call someone at Empire Hobby (Hyperion distributor) and discuss with them, they seem to be very knowledgeable and willing to help.

http://www.empirerc.com/
Old 09-14-2010, 04:30 AM
Tech Initiate

They probably dont let it get that high incase users make an error and do it accidently since its potentially dangerous