New LRP Pulsar Touch charger >

New LRP Pulsar Touch charger

New LRP Pulsar Touch charger

Old 09-23-2010, 12:19 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jonest
They are different,

Hyperion connectors are slightly thicker while the LRP is thinner. I managed to get some receiver type of connectors (those that fits 5 wires) from local electronic shops and managed to DIY the connection.

Now I just need the motor checker accessory.

Charger works amazing.
Originally Posted by mikeygar
the plug on the LRP is a low profile type plug. But the spacing between terminals is the same as the regular JST connectors.
Sorry, I didn't make myself clearer in the earlier post, I actually used a 4S JST connector (5 pins) and sliced off the protruding bits with an X-Acto blade.
Old 09-23-2010, 07:22 PM
YAH
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by jonest

Now I just need the motor checker accessory.

Charger works amazing.
I thought all you needed is the Hall Sensor wire that normally connects the motor to the ESC when it is run in sensored mode!
Old 09-23-2010, 08:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

you can use a regular sensor wire to check the sensors, but to check RPMs you'll need a sensor wire that has a splitter I believe
Old 09-23-2010, 08:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

This charger looks like a transformers toy.

and caught fire:
Old 09-23-2010, 08:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I believe that was actually someones Lipo that caught fire. I'm also quiet sure he WASNT using an LRP charger, and the member was actually asked to leave the event because he wasn't charging his Lipos in a Lipobag/sack
Old 09-23-2010, 08:34 PM
Azr
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

wohooo!! got to get my self a sack..
Old 09-23-2010, 11:27 PM
Tech Addict

As said correctly, to measure RPM's correctly and to test motors/speedos properly you'll need the "Hall Sensor Splitter", this will be available late October.

@Superspeed: your first picture shows a prototype and not the final product and your 2nd statement is completely wrong, please doublecheck better before posting false things like that.
The guy used a Core-RC charger I believe and the circumstances, why the 1S battery "went" and set fire to the foam tires where never really clear. But it is believed that he charged his battery in NiMH mode by mistake! Also no lipo sack was used... Luckily noone got injured!
Old 09-28-2010, 07:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Just got my Pulsar Touch a couple days ago in the mail, today when I wanted to charge my battery, the balance connector (2s) touched the temperature port for an instance (not plug in) as i realized it was the temp port, now it wont charge complaining that the battery temperature is too low. everything else seems fine

Is there a bypass for this?
Old 09-28-2010, 08:18 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Have you tried resetting your charger to factory default?
Old 09-28-2010, 08:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by machead2
Have you tried resetting your charger to factory default?
I tried, still the same.

Thanks

I know this is user error, but one suggestion i have is to either include a balance port that is longer (than the temp probe port) with the kit matching the one on the charger, or locate the temp probe port somewhere else. As I believe most people using this charger are for 1S/2S batteries. As with others, I had to custom make a balance cable from a JST line joined with a 2S male balance connector, which fits perfect in the temp probe port if for once you're not careful.
Old 09-29-2010, 07:16 AM
Tech Addict

@rc_square24: sorry to hear about that incident with balancing wire touching the temperature port. I have not tried doing that, but it looks as it damaged the circuitry for the temperature measurement which now makes the charger believe there is a very low temperature now.

I don't think there is a fix to that, I'm afraid. Please get in touch with your hobbyshop or distributor to get it sent in.

Next lot of PulsarTouch chargers will include an additional long charge wire, with integrated balancing wire, so 2S (+ 1S) can be charged nicely. No extra cost of course.
Old 09-29-2010, 11:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by burito
Next lot of PulsarTouch chargers will include an additional long charge wire, with integrated balancing wire, so 2S (+ 1S) can be charged nicely. No extra cost of course.
hi burito, any chance the current users of the Pulsar Touch can get their hands on that new charge wire w/ integrated balancing wire? Looks like i bought mine a little too early as this didn't come included. having trouble finding the appropriate connector here locally that will fit the balancing port.
Old 09-29-2010, 11:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by ROBORAT
hi burito, any chance the current users of the Pulsar Touch can get their hands on that new charge wire w/ integrated balancing wire? Looks like i bought mine a little too early as this didn't come included. having trouble finding the appropriate connector here locally that will fit the balancing port.
+1 on that, I just ordered another unit today from A Main Hobbies, I'm wondering if they would come with them or not? It's shipped today.
Old 09-30-2010, 12:17 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rc_square24
Just got my Pulsar Touch a couple days ago in the mail, today when I wanted to charge my battery, the balance connector (2s) touched the temperature port for an instance (not plug in) as i realized it was the temp port, now it wont charge complaining that the battery temperature is too low. everything else seems fine

Is there a bypass for this?
Have you try to reload the firmware?
Old 09-30-2010, 12:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by IgorR
Have you try to reload the firmware?
Yes, no luck.

Thanks.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.