Wiki Posts
Search

Lap Scoring Software - Evaluation/Review

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 03:22 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Post Lap Scoring Software - Evaluation/Review

I wanted to know what your club uses as a lap scoring system and what software is used and your evaluation of it good or bad.

Or is one software setup better than another, why?

Software I know of:

RC Scoring Pro
Alycat
Laps Free
JLap Race Manager
BBK Timing software
SlyFox
Old 10-16-2008, 02:00 PM
sac
Tech Regular

We use the Laps-Free program with I-LAP counter,and so far it works great.Its more basic than the other programs. But if you are trying to keep the price down( its a free program),the Laps-Free will work just fine,and has great support.We had a question on a Sunday and had the answer back in less than 2 hours from first email.
Alycat is the least expensive "full" featured program and works well.The rest of the program Jlap and RCpro are expensive for what you get .Alycat is close to those for about$260 or so compared to over $500+ for the others. JLap does offer the online result option,which you pay for.
The one thing they ALL have in common limited instruction for the first time user.

I do not no much about Slyfox and BBK,sorry.

sac
Old 10-16-2008, 04:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 119 (100%+)

I started with Jlap and I swore by it for a couple years. Then I was told over and over by countless racers that there was much better out there. So I bit the bullet and bought RCScoring Pro. I am telling you that this is much better software. I think it is the very best out there. I personally hate Auto-score. IT is trusted and stable but the limited reports and out of date feel make it horrible (IMO).

Start right RCScoring Pro is the best!!
oh by the way I have a full version of Jlap I would be willing to sell.
Old 08-04-2010, 10:14 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Jlap external devices control

Our club (RROL in London Canada) has been using JLap for the past 7 years, and it does the job for us. I have added better "voices" then the standard one.

Iwould like to hook up a set of RF start lights controlled from the program through the use of their "external devices control"- has anyone tried this and can you help me out with the interface between JLap and the RF transmitter?
Dan