Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Venom VR3TGhz Tx

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 08:46 PM
Tech Addict

Default Venom VR3TGhz Tx

Hello all I was wondering if anyone had any personal experience with this radio.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...B%3E+2.4ghz+tx

It seemed like a decent deal and I noticed that extra receivers were only about bucks.

Thank you in advance for any advice.
Old 09-08-2010, 05:45 AM
Tech Elite

Location: anywhere I can race 2wd dirt,and 1/12 onroad in MI.
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by henry
Hello all I was wondering if anyone had any personal experience with this radio.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...B%3E+2.4ghz+tx

It seemed like a decent deal and I noticed that extra receivers were only about bucks.

Thank you in advance for any advice.
Henry, I just ordered up one of these and a spare receiver.Should be here by this weekend so I will posst up how it performs.It looks as though venom sourced this radio through Airtronics, or at least the OEM that makes them for airtronics so I am hoping this will be a solid radio.Regardless 30.00 for a spare receiver isnt too shabby considering the baseline spektrum receivers are 50.00.
Old 09-08-2010, 07:13 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I'm curious as well as to how this Venom transmitter works out as well . . .

-Disjaukifa
Old 09-10-2010, 05:12 AM
Tech Elite

My venom radio will be here todayso the moment of truth is upon us,LOL.will post up as soon as It arrives and i get it installed in my sprint car
Old 09-10-2010, 07:28 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 2wdMod
My venom radio will be here todayso the moment of truth is upon us,LOL.will post up as soon as It arrives and i get it installed in my sprint car
Post pictures as well if you can! I'm getting two radios in today that I plan on going in depth about as well. I'm getting two different Tactic radios, Tactic TTX240 and TTX404.

Didn't realize it till today and don't know if it was a billing error but I got the Tactic TTX404 2.4Ghz 4-Channel radio for 36.99 new from Tower !

-Disjaukifa
Old 09-10-2010, 01:17 PM
Tech Elite

Received the radio todayGood stuff so far.The programming interface is really easy to use.Radio feel nice and solid in your handsRadio has all the feature you need for racing-EPA,EXP,REV,3rd ch Mixxing,dual rate,subtrim,16model memory,etc. I probally wont have a chance to install the receivers in my cars until tomorrow, so i will post up a definite judgement on this in the AM along with some pics. I did find 1 thing I dont like- you cant adjust the wheel tension- but hey I can live with that for a 2.4ghz radio that the receivers only cost 30.00 each since i was aquiring a small fortune in spektrum receivers.
Old 09-10-2010, 09:38 PM
Tech Elite

Ok, so I was actually able to get the radio in the car and get some laps in today.Put it in my sprint.The receiver is about the same size as a standard spektrum sr3000 receiver.BUT it takes a little more space since the plugs come out the side instead of the top.The receiver binds easy.It uses a plug for the receiver and to bind the radio you have to enter the set-up menu on the radio and choose the "modulation" option.hit the yes tab and snap- it's bound..

I left the radio linear (no expo) for testing, just calibrated the speedo and set the end points for the steering.

This is a nice little radio.it was comfortable to drive with, easy to set up, the menus are easy to follow(pretty much so easy I didnt need the manual except for the bind procedure),has good range, and just felt very "connected" to the car.Definitely a good buy for the price.
Attached Thumbnails Venom VR3TGhz Tx-100_2559.jpg   Venom VR3TGhz Tx-100_2560.jpg   Venom VR3TGhz Tx-100_2561.jpg  
Old 09-11-2010, 07:55 AM
Tech Elite

I do want to add that this is NOT a rebadged airtronics radio, but it is a pretty high quality copy of an airtronics MX series radio.
Old 09-12-2010, 08:45 PM
Tech Elite

+I got to spend the afternoon today running this sytem in my sprint.I ran 6 packs through running along with a couple buddies.After spending a day with this radio I really do highly recommend this for a decent budget race capable radio system.I ran along side spektrum,fly sky,and AE 2.4 ghz systems, and an FM system with zero issues.Definitely a good buy.The radio is comfortable, and seems to be pretty reliable thus far, tip of the day with this system- when you do any programming and want to save it you have to go back to the name model menu and hit the Enter <+ key on the alphbet scroll list .If you dont do this after you make an adjustment it will not save the set-up when you power the radio down.So if you like the changes you make save them if not just power it down and it will go back to your last saved settings.

Started playing with the steering expo a little today. Found a nice comfortable steering curve set at -25. The throttle feels nice set at linear.