Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
Novak Havoc Repair/Update? >

Novak Havoc Repair/Update?

Novak Havoc Repair/Update?

Old 07-27-2010, 08:20 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Novak Havoc Repair/Update?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm wondering if anyone can give me a little insight into their problems with the havocs esc's. Also, has anyone been able to get novak to update the software on an esc when they didn't buy the esc new? I have bought a havoc pro, and two havoc 3S's on ebay. I know the pro needs sent in, but I'm not sure about the two 3S's. I haven't them enough to see if they have problems. My fear is I will have issues with them, and that will be three esc's, and also I have a novak XXtra receiver that needs repaired. That would be over $200 dollars to get all my stuff repaired/updated. I have know problem paying to fix something when it breaks, but when it's Novak's error, I think they should stand behind it. I have always had good luck with Novak products, which is why I didn't hesitate buying the used stuff. As far as the person that sold me the Havoc pro on ebay, If all they did was bench tested it, they would have never noticed the problem. I can run the truck up and down my street without a single hick-up. However, when I get on a track with other vehicles, I get a stall in the motor,(steering still working) and I have to wait a second or two for it to come back! Very frustrating for me AND the other driver's, who end up plowing into the back of me! Just wanting to hear you guy's issues(if their the same as mine or not), and if you've had any luck dealing with novak on the issues!
Old 07-27-2010, 08:46 AM
Company Representative

You can return the Havoc Pro esc to us for warranty service; we will update your firmware. The receiver will be a fixed price replacement. You do not mention having any issues with our Havoc 3S escs, they do not require an update. If you need assistance, you can always PM me.

Please follow our CS guidelines when returning items for service.

Originally Posted by dale5998
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm wondering if anyone can give me a little insight into their problems with the havocs esc's. Also, has anyone been able to get novak to update the software on an esc when they didn't buy the esc new? I have bought a havoc pro, and two havoc 3S's on ebay. I know the pro needs sent in, but I'm not sure about the two 3S's.

I haven't them enough to see if they have problems. My fear is I will have issues with them, and that will be three esc's, and also I have a novak XXtra receiver that needs repaired. That would be over $200 dollars to get all my stuff repaired/updated. I have know problem paying to fix something when it breaks, but when it's Novak's error, I think they should stand behind it.

I have always had good luck with Novak products, which is why I didn't hesitate buying the used stuff. As far as the person that sold me the Havoc pro on ebay, If all they did was bench tested it, they would have never noticed the problem. I can run the truck up and down my street without a single hick-up. However, when I get on a track with other vehicles, I get a stall in the motor,(steering still working) and I have to wait a second or two for it to come back!

Very frustrating for me AND the other driver's, who end up plowing into the back of me! Just wanting to hear you guy's issues(if their the same as mine or not), and if you've had any luck dealing with novak on the issues!
Old 07-27-2010, 09:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Smile

That sounds great! I was hoping the Pro would be covered, since it is an issue with the firmware. The lady in customer service that I spoke to, said it would be a non-warranty repair. I didn't really agree, but was going to have to wait untill I had the cash to fix both of them. I'll be getting the two items sent in as soon as possible. As for the two 3S's I own, one I ran a little, and had no problems with it, and the other I only bench tested when I received it to be sure it wasn't DOA. A friend of mine who purchased a Hyper SC10 RTR with a Havoc Pro system, is the one who told me about the issues with the havocs, and he thought it was all the havocs, not just the Pro. Do I need to note anything special on the service form, or just fill it out as if it were a warranty update?
Old 07-27-2010, 10:10 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dale5998

I'm wondering if anyone can give me a little insight into their problems with the havocs esc's. Also, has anyone been able to get novak to update the software on an esc when they didn't buy the esc new? I have bought a havoc pro, and two havoc 3S's on ebay. I know the pro needs sent in, but I'm not sure about the two 3S's. I haven't them enough to see if they have problems. My fear is I will have issues with them, and that will be three esc's, and also I have a novak XXtra receiver that needs repaired. That would be over $200 dollars to get all my stuff repaired/updated. I have know problem paying to fix something when it breaks, but when it's Novak's error, I think they should stand behind it. I have always had good luck with Novak products, which is why I didn't hesitate buying the used stuff. As far as the person that sold me the Havoc pro on ebay, If all they did was bench tested it, they would have never noticed the problem. I can run the truck up and down my street without a single hick-up. However, when I get on a track with other vehicles, I get a stall in the motor,(steering still working) and I have to wait a second or two for it to come back! Very frustrating for me AND the other driver's, who end up plowing into the back of me! Just wanting to hear you guy's issues(if their the same as mine or not), and if you've had any luck dealing with novak on the issues!
Novak two~ I have the same exact problem what do I need to fill out for paper work to have this fixed on my Havoc Pro. From what I've seen and heard this is/was a common problem. Are you able to tell there is something wrong with it or do you just do a firmware update and it fixes this issue?
Old 07-28-2010, 07:36 AM
Company Representative

Some Havoc Pros require the update; although there can be problems caused by certain cheap radios (receivers) that create other issues. All Havoc Pros that come in for service get the update at NC. But, as with all escs, there may be esc damage unrelated to the firmware.

All of our return forms are linked to the Customer Service page noted above and in my signature. If you are unsure about returning items for service, email first:

Because I am not part of Novak's technical support group, I suggest you email [email protected] with your question, Our regular CS/Tech Support hours can be located here. Before emailing, take a moment to review the instructions (trouble-shooting guide) originally included with your Novak Item:

Novak Instruction Downloads

Trouble-shooting TeamNovak's One Touch™ Speed Controls

Please make your initial email as detailed as possible. Include:

~ speed control (brand/model)
~ motor (brand/wind)
~ number/type of cells
~ battery, brand (c rating/capacity
~ rotor (old/new)
~ connectors used
~ servo (brand/model)
~ radio system (receiver/transmitter)
~ vehicle & gearing
~ warranty claim?
~ lipo cut-off, on/off
~ any external modules (BEC/brand, Glitch Buster)
~ other important info: water damage, corrosive chemical sprays, excess heat, etc
The more information you provide in your first email, the more quickly tech support can offer you assistance.