R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Radio and Electronics (https://www.rctech.net/forum/radio-electronics-137/)
-   -   Spektrum DX3E Lights (https://www.rctech.net/forum/radio-electronics/417849-spektrum-dx3e-lights.html)

oldpugva 07-18-2010 05:41 PM

Spektrum DX3E Lights

My DX3E has green and red lights to show battery charge on the transmitter. The transmitter used to have just the green light on. Recently, the red light is showing about 1/2 intensity as well.

No - I do not need to change batteries. In fact, I replaced batteries twice and I am replacing all of the batteries with new.

The point is - my performance on my truck is also suffering. The transmitter seems to work fine, but the truck slows down after just a minute or two.

Here is what I think:

1. Perhaps there is something wrong with the transmitter. Not supposed to be seeing two color lights at the same time (unless the batteries are dying).

2. I also think my NIMHs need cycling. They are a few months old and I charge them on an Onyx 230. No cycling.

Comments? Anyone else seen this issue with their Spektrum?

losi_racer 07-18-2010 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by oldpugva (Post 7687008)
My DX3E has green and red lights to show battery charge on the transmitter. The transmitter used to have just the green light on. Recently, the red light is showing about 1/2 intensity as well.

No - I do not need to change batteries. In fact, I replaced batteries twice and I am replacing all of the batteries with new.

The point is - my performance on my truck is also suffering. The transmitter seems to work fine, but the truck slows down after just a minute or two.

Here is what I think:

1. Perhaps there is something wrong with the transmitter. Not supposed to be seeing two color lights at the same time (unless the batteries are dying).

2. I also think my NIMHs need cycling. They are a few months old and I charge them on an Onyx 230. No cycling.

Comments? Anyone else seen this issue with their Spektrum?

try a brand new battery(maybe borrow one) if that doesnt fix it something wrong with the receiver or radio.

Horizion has very good customer service. After you try a new battery and if that doesnt fix it call horizion customer service. They will tell you what you need to do.

bu1seabee 07-19-2010 08:10 PM

I have a DX3e and it has similar issues...the red light comes on at some point and I cant get it to "bind" with the receiver...at all...

this is very frustrating...this unit worked very well in my sons crawler just 4 weeks ago...not sure what to do...send it back...possibly...

IDEAS?

oldpugva 07-20-2010 02:47 PM

Bingo - you hit the nail on the head. I cannot get it to bind either. It has not 'lost' it's bind, but I cannot re-bind to anything else.

I am going to give them a call and see what they say.

oldpugva 07-20-2010 04:54 PM

I called them. Guy said 'we have not heard of that before'. Right...

Also said to go to their web site and fill out their form to send the transmitter back in for repair.

OK - have not heard of this before... Send the transmitter back in for repair...

Interesting...

bu1seabee 07-20-2010 05:04 PM

yeah no kidding...back in...hmmm

i'll get mine sent it in...

gotta love it Huh?

oldpugva 07-21-2010 06:10 PM

Annoying... thinking of changing brands. However, I do see a lot of Spektrums at the tracks. Must be bad karma...

bu1seabee 07-22-2010 03:26 PM

i got the same karma Bro...it sucks...the esc's i have are going back too...maybe its just the black hole of electronics death at my hobby table...LOL

take care and good luck