Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dx3s rx problem..please help..n00b

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2010, 04:52 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Dx3s rx problem..please help..n00b

Hey guys thanks for the help. I am a n00b did do a few search's and google my problem for about a hour with no help or maybe i have over look what someone has all ready said. So sorry if this been posted b4.

I have a savage flux and a traxxas revo brushless. I pick up a DX3S radio that came with 2 RX's. I have had no problems with the flux. But with the revo the radio just cuts out. Cant control the revo at all for a few secs then it will start going once more. Sometimes it can take just a few sec's other time can be 5min before i can drive the car. I have try both RX in the revo and both do the same thing. Both in the flux both with no problems at all. Both cars have the same ESC in them. I have setup the radio where i can watch the power the RX is getting. Its going from 6.1v's to 3.8v's and just right back up. It floats are these volts nonstop. The flux does not do this it sits at 6.1 to 6.0v's nonstop. I am running the same lipos in each truck. Thunderpower 5000mah 2s 40c. any ideas?
Old 06-06-2010, 05:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Good day!

Sounds like hte radio and recievers are not the problem. For some reason you are drawing too mutch current and you are probly having the lipo cutoff kick in. Try swaping batteries to see if you may have a week one. Check all solder and plug conections and wires for week or almost broken conections. Is it a brushed motor? If so, check the brushes and com.
Old 06-06-2010, 05:32 PM
Tech Rookie

Both are brushless and same system in each truck it's castle's system that came install in both. I have check all wires and connections to the esc and batt's. Both lipos read good volts coming out of them. Maybe it's revo have duel servos? I do have one of the servos plug into the aux port on the rx. This shouldn't be a problem. Could I have that setup wrong?
Old 06-06-2010, 07:23 PM
Tech Rookie

Ok did more testing on the revo. One of the plugs for one of the servos is drawing way to much volts. I can plug it into the str or aux port does the same thing. It go from 6.1 to 3.4 volts to 5vs so it's jumping around like crazy. The other servo does not do this no matter what port I plug it into. Any ideas on fixing this? Time to google some more. Thx for the help so far!