Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
How to make my SC10 2wd super fast? >

How to make my SC10 2wd super fast?

How to make my SC10 2wd super fast?

Old 05-23-2010, 12:59 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Cool How to make my SC10 2wd super fast?

Hi everyone! I hope somebody can give me an advice on how to make my 2WD SC10 really fast. I used to drive it stock and recently have upgraded it with EZrun 9T (4600kV brushless system). Im still not quite satisfied with the speed. Im using 5000mAh , 2s lipo with it also. Can anyone give me an advice on how to increase the speed some more. I am new in this Rc hobby. Thanks.
Old 05-23-2010, 08:31 AM
Tech Regular

Exclamation

Hi Mutt - I was wondering the same thing - speed and performance. Although I am a newbie, I learned yesterday about something that I have thought all along - driving...

I was going to head down the modification path (just enough to keep my SC-10 in the stock category) where I was going to get some new tires, maybe a modification to shocks, etc. I was thinking about all this while planning on running on asphalt at my local Hobbytown parking lot. I saw these other drivers with their hot trucks and realized they were already fast enough. What I saw was a lack of ability to handle all that speed.

My efforts are heading towards the right tires for the situation (looking to ProLine for some dirt and street) and a really good RADIO/servo package that can be tuned to the track. My stock AE radio will not do what I need it to do.

I am going to keep it stock and learn how to out drive the competition.

Thoughts?
Old 05-23-2010, 10:42 AM
K_B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Voltage = speed. If you increase the voltage, your speed will increase. If your speed control can handle a 3S lipo, put one in and hang on tight. You'll have to modify the battery holder a bit since the battery will be bigger.