R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Old 04-25-2011, 01:42 PM   #61
Tech Regular

Angelo was helping someone out on here just the other day!
JRXS_chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 01:54 PM   #62
Tech Adept

Tekin support is great. They have a live chat system and Randy can sort most stuff out online if not you will get the ref number and send it for repair.
Monkeys punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 02:55 PM   #63
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by superspeed View Post
Long time ago, Tekin was known for slow & bad service / support.

The r/c manufactures today are better in support area in my opinion, has anyone had any experience with either Hobbywing or Tekin service dept recently?
Im sure tekin and hobbywing have the best after sales support worldwide at this present moment .

Tekin suffered in the past and so did hobbywing but i believe companies who believe in there products and there technology can turn something bad as in service into something extremely perfect like they have done now.
Email : teamcobraracing@gmail.com or ae@hobbywing.com
Repair service Address
Hobbywing Technology Co., Ltd.
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 11:38 AM   #64
Tech Regular
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Just remember that USA is not native to us all... Some live in other coutries like me, I live in Norway. So I guess customer support suck for both Tekin and Hobbywing if one blows, I don't expect much in support anyway. As of now I got 3 Xeruns (1x 60A and 2x 120A), 10 Ezruns (13T 35A) and 2 Mamba Max (4600kv and 5700kv). None has been destroyed yet so i guess they are bulletproof. I order all my stuff out of country, mainly from Hong Kong or Japan.

So for me the choice is simple!

Hobbywing all the way!
RossoTorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 09:24 AM   #65
Tech Regular
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

I habe both and both are great. The Tekin is more adjustable and if you have hotwire its nice and easy with a tablet, phone, or laptop. And keeps the fireware updated.
You pay for that type of stuff. Honestly side by side speed runs you wont really see a difference it comes down to set up and personal preference. I love Tekin.
I used Tekin when Novak was top dog bay in the Cyclone days. Every1 said they were going out of business. They took a step back and came back to rule the market and but Novak out of business. That says a lot.
I take pride in my gear and buy the best i can afford. And in most cases ill wait and extra week or 2 inorder to buy tekin.
Currently own 2 rx8, 3 rs, 2 rsx. Yet to have issues with any.
TEAM XRAY - XB4 2wd, 4WD 2014, XB8
Axial Exo Terra, SCX10 Dingo and Rubicon, Wraith Full Vanquish Treatment
5D Dominator Pro Comp MOA
5D Sucker Punch Pro Comp Shafty
soulcoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 01:18 AM   #66
Tech Adept
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

It's a tough call for me, as there are aspects I like from each company.

I prefer the case materials from hobbywing, though I prefer the variable fan speeds with tekin.

I like the soldering terminals from hobbywing, but hate the high temp solder they use on the pre-soldered leads.

I like the Hotwire programming from tekin, but hate that I have to unplug the fan each time I connect.

In the end, it all comes down to personal preference. I ended up sticking with hobbywing, but mainly because I use them in my planes and helis as well, and can use the same programmer for all of them.
wkderf is online now   Reply With Quote