R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Old 07-01-2012, 10:23 PM   #1366
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

We had our month big race my radiopost unit worked perfect all day still amazed how comfortable this unit is place 4th nitro buggy and 2nd ebuggy Thanks RP
Old 07-03-2012, 11:56 AM   #1367
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Race Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjayjay1 View Post
We had our month big race my radiopost unit worked perfect all day still amazed how comfortable this unit is place 4th nitro buggy and 2nd ebuggy Thanks RP
Big+1 to that. You and I had a pretty good battle going too.

Here is my race report:
This weekend was round #7 of our points series.

In nitro buggy I had a rough start; Q1 my flywheel was loose and I had to quit two laps in. In Q2 my engine mount screws where slightly loose and moved my clutch bell and it shredded. All this was preventable maintenance stuff but it happens. I ended up qualifying for the B main.

I had high hopes to win the B and get the bump to the A, as my track only allows 1st place to bump. I maintained the lead for most of the race but 2nd place wanted that bump just as bad as I did. We traded positions a few times but in the end Caster got the win! I was up by almost two laps in the B main and had to limp my car across the finish line. I had a bad crash in the B main and my worn clutch bell was not taking any more abuse. I did not change it when it was slipping in the qualifier, I just tightened up the mesh. Now it completely gave out and I would need a new clutch bell to run in the A.

Got the clutch bell installed and made sure everything was nice and tight, I did not want any more hiccups. In the beginning of the A main I was fighting myself. I was not driving real smooth and I did not feel in sync with the car, nervous . After a few minutes, I got myself together and we were rolling. I had a bad flame out in pit lane that put my a few laps behind the field. My starter box was off and my pit-man had a hard time getting it started. I had to run off the drivers stand flip the switch and we were back in business. The car flamed because my exhaust gasket was torn and I had a very mean exhaust leak. The car was okay as long as I was on throttle but at idle it would die. Anyway, we got back in the fight and I just ran clean laps. Some other drivers wound up having engine problems and that allowed me to get my time back. I ended up finishing in second in the A and we really had to work for it. I was completely drained after this race and I still had a while before nitro truggy.

Big thanks to Team Caster for the great buggy. A lot people at the track were complementing it as it ran it both races and everyone was watching. Also thanks to Alpha engines, in the condition I was running that engine in, I don't know of too many engines that could have ran a whole main without receiving the full pressure from the exhaust. Also like to thank Radiopost and Trick-Parts for their high quality gear. Plus an even bigger thanks to Kailiboi, Rocket8T, JJ4X4, and Uncle Henry for helping me stay in the fight. Cant wait till the next one!

I took a pic of my chassis when I got home. You can see all the dirt glued to the area where the exhaust leak was:

D8T~Alpha S852/D812~Alpha Z852
Team Hotbodies Hawaii
Sein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 12:04 AM   #1368
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I just read 90 some pages of cheerleading by a bunch of guys ( team drivers ) that get free or deeply discounted radios and or servos. I still want to know the specs on this radio.... not just it feels connected, like way better dude... $300 for a radio without telemetry? And $80 for a receiver? No real specs on the radio, and i want to replace my Nomadio why? Because it has a color screen? What makes THIS radio better than the others? And why? Is this company going to be around in a year or two? After false claims like "High efficiency antenna provides excellent performance and no more antennas to break. Another first from Radiopost" Didn't Nomadio have an internal antenna YEARS ago? Please respond with FACTS, not opinions....
Old 07-04-2012, 09:16 AM   #1369
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

I think its time to check that Attitude at the Door(Login page)

You wont get much help asking like that.
Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - Clockwork Engines Team Driver - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 09:30 AM   #1370
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra
Lets do a little comparison here

KO Ex 1 with 1 RX 549.99 Spare Rx 129.99

Futaba 4pk 1 Rx 479.99 Spare Rx 139.99

M11 2 Rx 449.99 Spare Rx 119.99

KO Ex10 1 RX 399.99 Spare Rx 124.99

Radio post 2 Rx 349.99 Spare Rx 79.99

Radio post 1 Rx 329.99

I think the Number's speak for themselves.

If you honestly think the Nomandio is on the same level as Radio post, Your in for a Big Surprise as Ive held and driven the older nomandio's and they felt like IMO Garbage. Plastic feel with Uber goofy menu's with Glitch's from time to time. Not exactly what i would use as a benchmark for comparing newer gen radio's. Telemetry is also pointless and not needed.

Specs are useless, All it is is Another number the radio geeks can argue back and forth as to whom is faster. Average racers will struggle to feel any millisecond delays one radio might have over another.
Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - Clockwork Engines Team Driver - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 11:28 AM   #1371
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I agree with you on the cheep plastic feel on the Nomadio React.... Nice radio in a cheap case, Worst LCD ever put in a radio. I like the sensor better than the react, better case and lcd quality. I would like to update my radio and i don't want to buy another one that will disappear in a year or two...
So, i guess the question is, why is this the radio to buy? What makes it better?
You can buy a fly sky, reflash the firmware and have every function a person ever needs (as long as the receiver gets 5.5V ) Same problem as one of the major radio manufacturers not mentioned...

There are cheaper (less expensive) radios on the market that have all the features, Radiopost didn't even have a fail safe at first... and then i have to send it in to update it? (Fail safe is still not available on all receivers) A 30 lb car going 45 mph NEEDS a fail safe.

Does it come down to ergonomics and latency? Don't get me wrong, the radiopost is a cool looking radio, as is the KO Ex 1 (at $550 it should be) I just want a good, fast radio. The only thing i have to compare it to at my local track is spectrum, (seems slow) and an old pk3 i had for a short time. (heavy and slower)

Telemetry is a nice option for receiver voltage and temp alarm.

Is the radiopost the best for the money? Would you buy it again? Is there a better option?
Old 07-04-2012, 11:48 AM   #1372
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I love mine !
Team Panther North America
Blitzrockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 07:43 PM   #1373
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by merkur View Post
Is the radiopost the best for the money? Yes
Would you buy it again? Yes
Is there a better option? Nope not at the price and the performance. How the radio feels in my hand and ease of use with the menu would buy again and again.
gixxer420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 08:25 PM   #1374
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have my radio now for a month, before i had a 4pk. the grip is a little bit bigger than a 4pk, the end point of the steering wheel isn't that far of a 4pk.
For me this is a better radio than the 4pk.
it is a lot cheaper, for me the grip is better, and the sharp turns i can do better bacause off the shorter turning angle of the wheel.

In the beginning everybody said to me, don't buy it, buy a new 4pks or a sanwa.
But i'm verry happy with my new radio.
stofke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 12:27 PM   #1375
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by stofke View Post
I have my radio now for a month, before i had a 4pk. the grip is a little bit bigger than a 4pk, the end point of the steering wheel isn't that far of a 4pk.
For me this is a better radio than the 4pk.
it is a lot cheaper, for me the grip is better, and the sharp turns i can do better bacause off the shorter turning angle of the wheel.

In the beginning everybody said to me, don't buy it, buy a new 4pks or a sanwa.
But i'm verry happy with my new radio.
Same and i would still buy it again very good radio.
Old 07-05-2012, 01:04 PM   #1376
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I came from using Spektrum and I know I'll keep using Radiopost even if I'm no longer sponsored by them.
Every frd I showed the tx to loves the feel and responsiveness. What are stats if u just don't feel comfortable using the radio?
The M11 was good but felt like a dumb-bell in my hands. The 4PKS is superb but still not right in terms of feel. The KO is top notch but I find it hard to set. Spektrum is light and feels more like a toy.
There must be a reason why many racers are switching to Radiopost and I'm pretty sure most are happy with their purchase.
adrictan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 02:00 PM   #1377
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by merkur View Post
I agree with you on the cheep plastic feel on the Nomadio React.... Nice radio in a cheap case, Worst LCD ever put in a radio. I like the sensor better than the react, better case and lcd quality. I would like to update my radio and i don't want to buy another one that will disappear in a year or two...
So, i guess the question is, why is this the radio to buy? What makes it better?
You can buy a fly sky, reflash the firmware and have every function a person ever needs (as long as the receiver gets 5.5V ) Same problem as one of the major radio manufacturers not mentioned...

There are cheaper (less expensive) radios on the market that have all the features, Radiopost didn't even have a fail safe at first... and then i have to send it in to update it? (Fail safe is still not available on all receivers) A 30 lb car going 45 mph NEEDS a fail safe.

Does it come down to ergonomics and latency? Don't get me wrong, the radiopost is a cool looking radio, as is the KO Ex 1 (at $550 it should be) I just want a good, fast radio. The only thing i have to compare it to at my local track is spectrum, (seems slow) and an old pk3 i had for a short time. (heavy and slower)

Telemetry is a nice option for receiver voltage and temp alarm.

Is the radiopost the best for the money? Would you buy it again? Is there a better option?
I have had my Radiopost gear for almost a year now. The 5ch rx now have failsafe as I belive they all do. Not sure as all I use are 5 channel RX's. Ive used KO Propo, Spektrum and Futaba before. For ME the Radiopost is one of the most comfortable TX's with very easy to navigate and use menus... The "arming" stage is one of the fastest and almost instant. I dont know the actual numbers as far as latency, etc BUT I will tell you it is worlds faster than Spektrum. When I made the switch it was like having to learn to drive all over again. There wasnt the delay or lag anymore. After almost a year I have had no glitches, no hiccups and no issues at all...

Now with the servos.... Well I cant find anything bad to say. Other than they maybe too fast and quiet. I run the Green Multi type in my nitro buggy on both steering and throttle/brake. I have ended up turning the speed down in the TX to suit me. I run the Blue Speed type in all of my 1/10th buggies/trucks. There again I have had to turn them down a tad. All of the servos are super quiet also. Once again no issues of any kind with any of the Radiopost gear....

R.I.P Matt "Reaper" Powers 09/24/1953 - 10/24/2013
JamminSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 08:26 AM   #1378
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Just want a 100% answer.

Can the Radiopost RXs handle unregulated 2s lipo power?

Thanks
Old 07-06-2012, 10:34 AM   #1379
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie James View Post
Just want a 100% answer.

Can the Radiopost RXs handle unregulated 2s lipo power?

Thanks
YES!!!
Brian (the westcoast team manager) told me they test them with a 3S 11.1V, and he and Greg were both using 7.4 in their radio's at AMS. But 100% transmitter can do a 2S....

I just relized you are talking about the RX....Yes those do too..I run a Losi Lipo in Buggy and Truggy

SPECS on 5ch RX

Specifications:
Model: RP24RA5DX
Channel: 5 Ch
Frequency Bandwidth: 2.405~2.480 GHz
Power Consumption: 47mA
Size (HxWxD): 22.3 x 37.2 x 13.3mm
Weight: 7.5g
Operating Temp: -20 Degree to +60 Degree C
Rated Voltage: 3.0 V ~ 8.4 V
B4.1 and B44.2
jnorwood_losi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 05:44 AM   #1380
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnorwood_losi View Post
YES!!!
Brian (the westcoast team manager) told me they test them with a 3S 11.1V, and he and Greg were both using 7.4 in their radio's at AMS. But 100% transmitter can do a 2S....

I just relized you are talking about the RX....Yes those do too..I run a Losi Lipo in Buggy and Truggy

SPECS on 5ch RX

Specifications:
Model: RP24RA5DX
Channel: 5 Ch
Frequency Bandwidth: 2.405~2.480 GHz
Power Consumption: 47mA
Size (HxWxD): 22.3 x 37.2 x 13.3mm
Weight: 7.5g
Operating Temp: -20 Degree to +60 Degree C
Rated Voltage: 3.0 V ~ 8.4 V
Awesome. Thanks. I get more and more tempted to set aside my 3pks with FASST everyday.
Sponsored Links