Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

FLYSKY GT3b Transmitter

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2011, 09:02 AM
Tech Rookie

also the gyro works freaking sweet. the track here is really rough and it tracks so much straighter now. doesnt buck. i love it
Old 04-02-2011, 09:08 AM
Tech Adept

hey if they dont mind you running a gyro go for it... otherwise try soften up the suspension a notch and put some more rear toe in on the thing...

Dunno about prices though... i got mine at r2 back in the day and they were pretty awesome to deal with...
Old 04-02-2011, 09:43 AM
Tech Rookie

ya i dont think any one minds since most days it is just me runing my rc on the track out; however today there were 6 of us runing. side the U.S.O here in balad iraq. i did soften the suspension first but then it would slap the ground and bottom out on the gravel every wehre. so i stiffened it back up. also opened all the shocks and topped them off with some 40 weight silicone oil. not just need to try the gyro on the other two rigs. and then figure out my radio issues.
Old 04-02-2011, 12:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

15 tanks later the life is still reading 9.9v, has not dropped yet.
Old 04-02-2011, 08:59 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

crap, i was even trying to finish this thread before purchasing one. At page 7 I decided to flip to the last page and there are 20+ pages?! (i have 40 posts a page i think)

SO i just gave up and went ahead got one from wellqin. Guess I can always hit this thread back, search n ask, if i ever encountered any issues on the unit

Any cool upgrade on the unit besides brighter screen I might've missed by not reading page 8 to page 20?
Old 04-03-2011, 01:10 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by csrcxd
crap, i was even trying to finish this thread before purchasing one. At page 7 I decided to flip to the last page and there are 20+ pages?! (i have 40 posts a page i think)

SO i just gave up and went ahead got one from wellqin. Guess I can always hit this thread back, search n ask, if i ever encountered any issues on the unit

Any cool upgrade on the unit besides brighter screen I might've missed by not reading page 8 to page 20?
I did the same, I only got through 4 pages after i saw there is 15+ pages. I just finished paying mine. It should get here before the weekend.
Old 04-03-2011, 03:15 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by BRAAAP#127
I did the same, I only got through 4 pages after i saw there is 15+ pages. I just finished paying mine. It should get here before the weekend.
wut? is it from ASIA? which vendor did u use? I feel like 10 days at least to be safe
Old 04-03-2011, 03:22 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

No, it's from eBay. The seller sold 4 of them with no problems so far.
Old 04-03-2011, 04:34 AM
Tech Adept

Well barring the screen mod bunch of us are experimenting with different power supplies for lulz... I am rocking a 3s lipo and someone *checks* J_Blaze is rocking 3s lifepo...

I got a cheap (8 bucks) transmitter lipo by a company called kinghead or something on ebay... i could findout if you want...
Old 04-03-2011, 07:20 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Well, I finally found the perfect spring for my steering. The throttle spring out of a DX2 transmitter. Raced outdoors yesterday & it performed flawlessly. Felt as sweet as any radio I've owned. Had lots of people asking me what it was. When I told them the price, they got this deer in the headlight look!
Old 04-03-2011, 07:21 AM
Tech Adept

do we have like a part number for this spring?
Old 04-03-2011, 07:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)

Originally Posted by drsmooth
Well, I finally found the perfect spring for my steering. The throttle spring out of a DX2 transmitter. Raced outdoors yesterday & it performed flawlessly. Felt as sweet as any radio I've owned. Had lots of people asking me what it was. When I told them the price, they got this deer in the headlight look!
I just stretched my stock springs in the radio a little and it made it feel like my expensive radios .
Old 04-03-2011, 08:22 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FireFrenzy
do we have like a part number for this spring?
Sorry, I don't. I just had an old dx2 sitting around taking up space & I thought I'd see if the steering spring would work. But it was too long. But the throttle spring was just right.
The stock spring was just too lite for my taste. I couldn't feel neutral very well. Now it feels like my R-1, but it's lighter.
Old 04-03-2011, 08:46 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by csrcxd
wut? is it from ASIA? which vendor did u use? I feel like 10 days at least to be safe
You can find the GT3B radio under different brands:
Flysky (the original), Eurgle, Hobby King, Imax, Ansmann ...
The cheapest is from Hobby King, but often out of stock. Another good seller is the R2hobbies (Eurgle). And also on Ebay. I would say, that around 50-60 bucks incl. shipping is a good price.
The radios from all these brands are the same, just other stickers Only the Ansmann uses other housing, but these are selled in Europe only.
The included 3ch receiver (orig. Flysky FS-GR3C) is also the same, again, other stickers. These receivers are so called 3rd generation, including a failsafe function - to set up the failsafe use the button on receiver. You can bind any of these receivers to any Flysky GT2, GT3, GT3B or rebranded radio. You can even bind this receiver to Flysky stick radios, 4, 6 and 9ch. The best price for the receiver is under 6,- USD on Hobby King (as type HK-GT2R receiver). Really, I have a bag of these receivers, do not have to worry now to shift expensive "brand" receiver from car to car, and if I drown one ... as I am involved in RC trail (expedition) cars now.

Pictures say much more, so, you can look here rc.305.cz/view.php?nazevclanku=porovnani-rc-vysilacek-flysky&cisloclanku=2011020005 (again sorry, my site is in czech lang and I can't still post working links and pictures here). You can compare the size of Flysky wheel radios - my collection From left to right: Eurgle GT3 (= Flysky GT3), Eurgle 3ch (= Flysky GT3B), Hobby King HK-GT2 (= Flysky GT2), Ansmann W5 (= Flysky GT2).
Old 04-04-2011, 01:12 AM
Tech Adept

Bad bad bad

Shouldve posted here and get opinions from you guys

I got one from wellqin which is located at the other side of the earth!

That said, i did read several good reviews about the seller, so hopefully i ended up with nothing worse than maybe longer wait time i'd say

As to the battery, I was considering some cheap NiMH, i mean, they're cheaper than LiPo generally. But I just realized that HobbyKing carries some really cheap low capacity LiPos compared to some Sanyo ones I was considering. What's you guys' opinion? Cheap LiPo or Expensive NiMH? I saw that GT3B came with charging port so I can charge it with battery in it with my iCharger maybe? I'd guess to do the same with LiPo i'll need to do some more modifications to the unit?

Originally Posted by BRAAAP#127
No, it's from eBay. The seller sold 4 of them with no problems so far.
Would you mind sharing the seller's name Braaap?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.