Like Tree1Likes

FLYSKY GT3b Transmitter

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2011, 05:48 AM
psx
Tech Adept

Default testers needed

Hi,
after some testing (only 2 people till now) I am releasing my new firmware to wider testing. I recommend it only for those people, who
have programming board and are able to return back to original/modified firmware (so don't use it to program other people radio yet).

I am now putting it here to forum, after it will be at another place at web, I will put URL here. Remove extension .txt from file gt3b.s19.txt, I added it only because it is not possible to upload file with extension .s19.

More info is at MANUAL.txt.
Attached Files
File Type: txt
gt3b.s19.txt (27.2 KB, 720 views)
File Type: txt
MANUAL.txt (5.5 KB, 1451 views)
Old 05-25-2011, 06:43 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by psx
Hi,
after some testing (only 2 people till now) I am releasing my new firmware to wider testing. I recommend it only for those people, who
have programming board and are able to return back to original/modified firmware (so don't use it to program other people radio yet).

I am now putting it here to forum, after it will be at another place at web, I will put URL here. Remove extension .txt from file gt3b.s19.txt, I added it only because it is not possible to upload file with extension .s19.

More info is at MANUAL.txt.
I'm in! I'll try to do it before this weekends racing.
Old 05-25-2011, 06:46 AM
Tech Adept

I'd be in but it seems i baked something on my board while i was installing the demo;P so i'll just have to make do...
Old 05-25-2011, 07:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FireFrenzy
I'd be in but it seems i baked something on my board while i was installing the demo;P so i'll just have to make do...
"Baked" as in something is smoldering/smoking or is that just figurative for something went wrong while programming? If that is the case, just about anything that went wrong can be fixed by returning to the original firmware and starting over. Or did you mean the STM8 board?
Old 05-25-2011, 07:19 AM
Tech Adept

Exclamation *********************

Originally Posted by psx
Hi,
after some testing (only 2 people till now) ...
Well, I am the one of two (seems to me like Star Trek ...), who had the opportunity to be a tester of psx's new firmware. Glad I could help him and also that psx included some of my little improvements to the firmware.
Ya all guys with programming kit, please take some time and test the new firmware. It is really worth it!
One thing also must be said - this firmware is meant as a direct replacement for the original one, so plus minus the same main functions as the original. Have this in mind during testing - because everybody will of course start thinking about new functions or functions they personally would like to have there. But many people don't need the extra functions you could think of, as they are satisfied with the standard function range of the GT3B. So, in the first turn, the goal is to give the people a nice and working alternative.
Of course, future improvements (more channels, mixes, switchable modes, etc.) are possible, but those will be another versions.

If you'll have any questions regarding the tested firmware, ask here.
If you'll find some errors or glitches, post it.
Old 05-25-2011, 07:29 AM
Tech Rookie

Default new fw

Any 3 posi switch news for us crawlers ?
Old 05-25-2011, 10:46 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Pictues in HOW TO: Reprogram the GT3B Radio is missing?

Hi guys,
Is it just me, or is all the pictures missing in the "HOW TO: Reprogram the GT3B Radio" - page missing.

Andy
Old 05-25-2011, 11:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

They are all gone. It looks like maybe the "Photobucket" data transfer limits have been exceeded or somehow expired. A sign that this has been a popular thread. I'm sure QuangVong will figure a way to fix it.
Old 05-25-2011, 11:43 AM
Tech Initiate

PSX thanks for all the hard work.
Love the fact that there is sub-trims now.
What was the reason for making the channel 3 trim control the channel 1 trim?
I think for the crawler/4ws guys it would be better to have ch3 trim accessible outside the menus.
Also another thought for the 4ws could be changing trim steps on ch3 only and then allowing you to use the ch3 trim button like a steering wheel without any mods to the radio.
As for the Global setup menu, would it be possible to save different values for different models?
Such as momentary on ch3 for model 1, but then have ch3 be on-off for model 2.

305 you mention about adding other channels. Aside from the firmware how do you think we could go about adding that to the radio? I assume we could use the 9ch FlySky receivers. Would something like a daughter board need to be added on to the tx? I would be happy adding just another switching channel. Mixing would be cool too for like brakes on large scales.

Again, thanks for the great work guys.
Old 05-25-2011, 12:57 PM
psx
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by bill_g
PSX thanks for all the hard work.
Love the fact that there is sub-trims now.
To be exact, I added Trims to first 2 channels. Because in original firmware
trims are also moving endpoints and are actually subtrims.

What was the reason for making the channel 3 trim control the channel 1 trim?
Because I did not add trim for channel 3. I studied Futaba radio manuals and they have trims only for steering and throttle. So I have not used buttons now and was suggested to put CH1 trim there because it is easily accesible during driving.

I think for the crawler/4ws guys it would be better to have ch3 trim accessible outside the menus.
Also another thought for the 4ws could be changing trim steps on ch3 only and then allowing you to use the ch3 trim button like a steering wheel without any mods to the radio.
This I wouldn't call trim, but something like digital channel
And if it would be needed, it is possible to add trim also for channel 3, ...
But I actually don't know, how are crawlers driven.

As for the Global setup menu, would it be possible to save different values for different models?
Such as momentary on ch3 for model 1, but then have ch3 be on-off for model 2.
At the future, I am planning to have possibility to do model specific buttons binding. And probably trims steps can also be model specific. But all other from global menu is not model specific.
What I did for now is to have equivalent of original firmware + those my modifications settable in global menu.

305 you mention about adding other channels. Aside from the firmware how do you think we could go about adding that to the radio? I assume we could use the 9ch FlySky receivers. Would something like a daughter board need to be added on to the tx? I would be happy adding just another switching channel. Mixing would be cool too for like brakes on large scales.
It is possible to use FlySky 6-channel and 8-channel receivers with this radio. They are compatible. I tested that 8-channel receiver, it was first part of this new firmware I wrote and tested all 8 channels if it is working.
There is nothing needed to add to radio, only generate more channels in firmware (and it is prepared for it in new firmware).
I bought this receivers at HobbyKing for $9 one, here are links:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=12901
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=12339
Old 05-25-2011, 01:13 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

NM, got it working. Flashing 6 options and ready to calibrate.

WOOT!
Old 05-25-2011, 01:40 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by psx
Because I did not add trim for channel 3. I studied Futaba radio manuals and they have trims only for steering and throttle. So I have not used buttons now and was suggested to put CH1 trim there because it is easily accesible during driving.

This I wouldn't call trim, but something like digital channel
And if it would be needed, it is possible to add trim also for channel 3, ...
But I actually don't know, how are crawlers driven.
I suggest this as way to "crudely" steer the rear wheels. Such as setting the steps to 20 or 25 will allow almost like proportional independent rear steer with minimum button presses in either direction. Maybe not ideal for competition use, but better than my 3PM (original FM model) would allow me.
I don't use my crawler anymore, one day it will go up for sale, but got another project in mind that I could use this for.

Originally Posted by psx
It is possible to use FlySky 6-channel and 8-channel receivers with this radio. They are compatible. I tested that 8-channel receiver, it was first part of this new firmware I wrote and tested all 8 channels if it is working.
There is nothing needed to add to radio, only generate more channels in firmware (and it is prepared for it in new firmware).
I bought this receivers at HobbyKing for $9 one, here are links:
After generating the channels in the fw how would you operate or switch them?

P.S. Not trying to rush you with any new changes. This is very interesting to me that this cheap little performs well and can have features added to it like this.

Last edited by bill_g; 05-25-2011 at 01:54 PM.
Old 05-25-2011, 02:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (90%+)

Yes there is a problem with the photos, and am contacting Photobucket about the problem. First time it was bandwidth problems, but that was fixed with a Pro account. Now I've got no idea. Anyone know how to fix this?

psx, thanks for the new firmware. Will be testIng it out over the weekend.
Old 05-25-2011, 02:08 PM
psx
Tech Adept

I suggest this as way to "crudely" steer the rear wheels. Such as setting the steps to 20 or 25 will allow almost like proportional independent rear steer with minimum button presses in either direction. Maybe not ideal for competition use, but better than my 3PM (original FM model) would allow me.
I don't use my crawler anymore, one day it will go up for sale, but got another project in mind that I could use this for.
Isn't better to use some mixing from front wheels instead this ? Something like -150%...150% for example ? But as I wrote, I have no experience with this.

After generating the channels in the fw how would you operate or switch them?
I was only testing it so I wrote special code to test it. But after mapping of buttons (trims, dualrate, ...) is done, it can be mapped to some of it.
Or use them with some mixing (also not programmed yet).
Old 05-25-2011, 02:14 PM
Tech Adept

Not trying to rush you with any new changes. This is very interesting to me that this cheap little performs well and can have features added to it like this.
bill, this is what I was talking about in my post #1505 (above) There are many ideas for new functions. But, first of all, we need to have a working alternative to original firmware with some additional stuff around. But I am not saying that we should stop dreamin' . psx did a great job (did anyone noticed, that his firmware with all the functions is less than half the size of the original?) and made a very capable gun from the GT3B.

Regarding the channels - as I wrote here earlier, all of the Flysky wheel and stick radios use the SAME 2,4GHz module, so ALL are capable of 8 channels. One except is the GT2 wheel radio, which uses the same module also, but slightly stripped due to radio's simple electronic design.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.