Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2011, 10:40 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jdeadman
I have not gotten a response from anyone on the support thread so I figured Id as here

Having a Problem with my 120A 1s

http://www.rctech.net/forum/9966599-post91.html

Any Help would be much appreciated
Jason please check the post on the link you have provided .
Old 11-29-2011, 10:44 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Vrooom
Is there any warranty on it? My esc just caught on fire and took my servo with it while im testing the steering servo.

I wish to replace it or return it. There is no way to repair it as it was burned out and on fire, melted all the soldered connection.
tell me excatly what you did during your testing ? for the esc to melt can only be caused by a massive short a extremely high current rise.Have the wires touched at all ? did you solder any wires they may have a slight short across the solder joints?

give me some more info please .
Old 11-30-2011, 07:22 AM
sg1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Cobra,
PM sent
Thanks
Old 11-30-2011, 10:18 AM
Tech Apprentice

My car is xray T2 009
spektrum SR3500 receiver
Alturn Servo USA ADS-645LMG
Tekin Redline 17.5T motor sensored directly soldered to ESC. with sensor wire.
Hobbywing extreme stock ESC with latest turbo FW ( 30 211)
7.4V 5000mah 30c Lipo hardcase

I plugged in the steering servo (alturn USA servo) on my xray T2,
then connected ESC to lipo battery. (black first, red 2nd)
then i switched it on. the esc came on it started to smoke and filled the room with ESC assisted fan.....
I crapped myself and disconnected the battery while its hot.

There is no shorts between wires. neat soldering. used hobbywing wires.

the battery wire is 4mm gold male connector into battery.

I was just installed servo onto xray after fitting new servo horn after crash.

Here is the damaged pic

Servo might be broken.

Last edited by Vrooom; 11-30-2011 at 10:26 AM. Reason: Forgot add more info about my car.
Old 11-30-2011, 02:20 PM
Tech Elite

My car is xray T2 009
spektrum SR3500 receiver
Alturn Servo USA ADS-645LMG
Tekin Redline 17.5T motor sensored directly soldered to ESC. with sensor wire.
Hobbywing extreme stock ESC with latest turbo FW ( 30 211)
7.4V 5000mah 30c Lipo hardcase

I plugged in the steering servo (alturn USA servo) on my xray T2,
then connected ESC to lipo battery. (black first, red 2nd)
then i switched it on. the esc came on it started to smoke and filled the room with ESC assisted fan.....
I crapped myself and disconnected the battery while its hot.

There is no shorts between wires. neat soldering. used hobbywing wires.

the battery wire is 4mm gold male connector into battery.

I was just installed servo onto xray after fitting new servo horn after crash.

Here is the damaged pic

Servo might be broken.
thank you for the info really appreciate it .I want to ask did you use the esc after the crash and it worked well or was this the first plug in after the crash when you were testing a new servo ? Does your new servo still work ?

I have this feeling by looking at the damage that the bec(battery eliminator circuit) which powers your servo has failed related to a massive short could be from the servo but also can be from the esc .

please let me know .
Old 11-30-2011, 02:24 PM
Tech Elite

Hi guys

Just some info about the usb link 164 .

The 164 is now no restricted to downloads or uploads of older usb link databases so no errors will occur .

The usb links on your pc data has the following for upload may you choose to go back to older version .

The reason why we havent included 211 and 213 as they are the same as the 930 but improved only with the sensivity issue for the sensor port so nothing else has change all the features are 100% the same like turbbo timing and boost etc etc .

ok have a great week guys and happy racing .

regards Angelo
Old 11-30-2011, 02:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
thank you for the info really appreciate it .I want to ask did you use the esc after the crash and it worked well or was this the first plug in after the crash when you were testing a new servo ? Does your new servo still work ?

I have this feeling by looking at the damage that the bec(battery eliminator circuit) which powers your servo has failed related to a massive short could be from the servo but also can be from the esc .

please let me know .
Yes i used ESC after the crash, It work very well in 2 heats which lasted 5 min each, lot of power and smooth,
only reason i took the servo off is to replace the servo horn as it was stripped...
servo is dead now after that incident. I think faulty servo is the cause of this.
Old 11-30-2011, 03:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Originally Posted by pettyeagles
Does anyone know if there is a list of all the software that is available for the Hobbywing esc's and which software works best for each type of racing?
Anybody, who's more familiar than me, with Hobbywing esc's think they could make a list up and post it here.
Old 11-30-2011, 11:10 PM
Tech Elite

Yes i used ESC after the crash, It work very well in 2 heats which lasted 5 min each, lot of power and smooth,
only reason i took the servo off is to replace the servo horn as it was stripped...
servo is dead now after that incident. I think faulty servo is the cause of this.
it seems you had a massive back emf from the servo which damaged the bec of the esc causing the fire .
Old 11-30-2011, 11:11 PM
Tech Elite

Anybody, who's more familiar than me, with Hobbywing esc's think they could make a list up and post it here.
if your running stock class say 21.5T -10.5T and even 8.5T but (will get very hot with extreme timing) you should run 930 stock which will give you the turbo function but with extra boost and turbo function meaning more steps in timing (options)

Modified motors 3.5T -8.5T you should run the 930 modified software has less turbo and boost timing to compensate for the mod motors which are extremly powerful on there own without turbo .

zero timing i would run the V3 508 zero timing as this class is very popular in the usa and roar approved .

Last edited by COBRARACING; 11-30-2011 at 11:26 PM.
Old 11-30-2011, 11:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 98 (100%+)

i would like to personally thank angelo COBRARACING with all of his help and service.....if anyone is after anything hobbywing in australia.....he is the man to talk to...he has helped me out on more than one occasion....keep up the great work mate....
Old 11-30-2011, 11:37 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by blade072
i would like to personally thank angelo COBRARACING with all of his help and service.....if anyone is after anything hobbywing in australia.....he is the man to talk to...he has helped me out on more than one occasion....keep up the great work mate....
Thank you for the kind words Dave i can only try my best.It's been said many times to me that customers are happy that im involved with the company now as director of technical support as they find it easy to get answers instead of waiting 6 months with no reply .

I will try my best to help all of you and if i make a mistake please dont be affraid to correct me im only human .

thank you once again

Angelo
Old 11-30-2011, 11:38 PM
Tech Elite

Hi Guys

I would like to get some feedback from all of you and more on how easy it is to purchase our products around the world or how difficult to purchase.

please name your country

regards Angelo
Old 11-30-2011, 11:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I've got a list at home, will post up tonight. Can't comment about all the different ones... I just use 930STOCK, and then tune it regardless of motor (it's where having two profiles on the program box helps... one for stock, one for mod )
Old 11-30-2011, 11:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
Hi Guys

I would like to get some feedback from all of you and more on how easy it is to purchase our products around the world or how difficult to purchase.

please name your country

regards Angelo
Ed Clark, China

Purchase method... I talk to Salton can't get simpler than that!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.