NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2011, 07:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kermit
Awesome track... Where is it?
Originally Posted by Tim Neja
WOW--those cars are quick and that's an AWSOME track!! Love to see one like that here in SoCal!!!
T
Shame it's being pulled up straight away by the government I understand! TIC!
Old 10-23-2011, 07:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
I am not going to fix the delay the way you want me to do it as i will have others complaining about more delay then someone else to much delay how much delay is enough so what i will do is create a reverse delay the same way we have the turbo delay with probably 4 options 0.1,0.2,0.3,0.4 sec thats the best i can do as i know you will complain again that there is not enough delay if we implement the delay ourselves and then someone else will complain oh i have too much delay and why etc etc .I have to cater for all customers not just one individual i hope you understand the way i do it will work for all .

Have a good weekend

Best regards
Aneglo, this would be awesome. I would however make the delay options much longer like, 0 sec, .5 sec, 1sec, 3 sec, 5sec. Tekin has hard coded there Brake-Delay mode with your radio in the neutral position to 5sec and it works extremely well. Myself, and it sounds like most in this thread, use reverse when practicing so i don't see why you would need delay in the < .5 second range?

I think someone mentioned they like zero delay for monster truck stuff hence my options above.

It's cool to see a RC company taking suggestions from users and implementing them in there product not many, if any, do this.

BIG THANKS!!!!
Old 10-24-2011, 01:47 AM
Tech Adept

On the subject of running X12 motors with HW ESC's, I have tried running turbo and all, on my 1/5 Thunder Tiger SB-5 rc bike, with my 13.5T Nosram Pure Evo (X12 equivalent) and Xerun 60A with lack of speed no matter the gearing or settings... And I tried hard, I tell you! Last year, I burned a Nosram and a Trinity motor due to overheating... all in trying, as I said!

Then I installed the Nosram Pearl Evolution 1 (p/n. 90900) from my TC (required to run Nosram electronics in Greek RCGT 13.5T class), set it at 7/10 of its full settings and all the speed was there with the same motor...
So, in the last race I attended, the RC Bike International race, in Italy, in October, I was lacking a lot LESS speed compared to the top guys in stock class (13.5T motor, 1900 gram limit). More had to do with my driving the bike, anyway, and other tech details like the totally new and very narrow track, than speed itself, really! But... I'm getting to it, as well!
(More on the race: www.roadracericcione.com)

My guess is that X12's, until recently it seems, reading the latest posts, didn't match too well with HW Xeruns...
Attached Thumbnails NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE-img_1301.jpg  
Old 10-24-2011, 03:27 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by steliosh
My guess is that X12's, until recently it seems, reading the latest posts, didn't match too well with HW Xeruns...
Have you ever tried running it with the firmware 101224_STOCK?

I guess not...
Old 10-24-2011, 03:47 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by M7H
Have you ever tried running it with the firmware 101224_STOCK?

I guess not...
I ran it with the latest firmware that was there in July 2011... I think it was the 211, then.
I didn't try the 224, I admit.

Anyway, this combo is out of the question for me for now, since I run Greek RCGT TC with required Nosram elec's as I said, and the RC Bike Worlds Stock class rules for 2012 and '13 state we all should use the SP Club Sport Spec (something like that, I dont have it handy, but it's "blinky", no-turbo ESC) and SP MMM 13.5T motor ONLY.
In the Pre Warm Up race we were allowed to use whatever 13.5T and ESC we had, but in the next Warmup in May, and the Worlds in August we will use the SP combo.
So, actually the combination of X12+HW Xerun will not be used by me...

The Pure Evo (X12) is back in the car, it gave me a 2nd place in class in yesterday's race!
Old 10-24-2011, 03:48 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by derekk
In relation to a xtreme stock speed controller, running 930 firmware, what degree does the timing (option 9) values equate to. There are 60 steps, looking at the old setting there appears to be max of 30 degrees timing that could be applied, does that mean there is 0.5 degree per step (60).
Just a follow up to the question above, hopefully someone can answer it.

Currently running a Hobbywing 11.5 with 35 steps of timing. Ideally would like to run a Hobbywing 13.5, but would it be possible to get same speed from it with more timing, and if I'm getting close to the maximum timing on the speedo, will this cause the motor to heat up a lot. Only using it in a 1/12th car with 1s lipo so not a lot of load.
Old 10-24-2011, 03:52 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bkspeedo
Aneglo, this would be awesome. I would however make the delay options much longer like, 0 sec, .5 sec, 1sec, 3 sec, 5sec. Tekin has hard coded there Brake-Delay mode with your radio in the neutral position to 5sec and it works extremely well. Myself, and it sounds like most in this thread, use reverse when practicing so i don't see why you would need delay in the < .5 second range?

I think someone mentioned they like zero delay for monster truck stuff hence my options above.

It's cool to see a RC company taking suggestions from users and implementing them in there product not many, if any, do this.

BIG THANKS!!!!
yes i will do that with a 0 delay ,0.1,0.2and 0.3
Old 10-24-2011, 03:57 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by steliosh
Anyway, this combo is out of the question for me for now
Fair enough, if the rules don't allow it.
Maybe try it in your car then.
Old 10-24-2011, 04:11 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by M7H
Fair enough, if the rules don't allow it.
Maybe try it in your car then.
I intend to run the Xerun 60A in my other bike with a selection of other motors up to the ESC's limit (6.5T I think).
Also, I run a Xerun 120A 2.0 with a 5.5T in the Greek ELME Mod class with very good results!
Not to mention an Ezrun 60A/8.5T system in my son's Cyber 10 and two "small" ezrun's in my TT KT8 kart and Venom motorcycle!

We ARE a HW family indeed!
Old 10-24-2011, 04:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Why is the damn brakes so weak in this speedo? I tried v3 508 no timing yesterday. Car barely stops.

Drag brake: 25 (this was my temp fix but lap times were slower bec of this)
Brake: 100
Min brake: 20

It was frustrating. Any suggestions?
Old 10-24-2011, 08:48 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by bukil
Why is the damn brakes so weak in this speedo? I tried v3 508 no timing yesterday. Car barely stops.

Assuming all the basics are set up right like transmitter end points, expo ect, I would say either your rotor is very weak or the speedo isn't getting enough support from the capacitors. Either they are on the way out or standard wires too skinny or bad soldering. I'm running 87% on the speedo and i've got that backed down another 5 on the transmitter for high grip carpet and that's still making the tyre sequel.
Old 10-24-2011, 08:48 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by bukil

Make sure you set reverse to 100%
Old 10-24-2011, 02:37 PM
Tech Elite

Bought myself an x12 13.5T motor to study why the motor heads to sensorless mode running the hw esc's and software .Found that after some testing and taking the motor apart found that the rotor is not as close to the hall sensors of the sensor board as what it should be i dont know if that is from manufacture or not but you need to re shim your rotor as close to the hall sensors as possible .Once i re shimmed the rotor i ran the motor for approx 1 hour with no issues at all .

The problem is the assembly of the motor not the esc or software of HW so please re shim and you will find the problem is solved .
Old 10-24-2011, 02:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Bought myself an x12 13.5T motor to study why the motor heads to sensorless mode running the hw esc's and software .Found that after some testing and taking the motor apart found that the rotor is not as close to the hall sensors of the sensor board as what it should be i dont know if that is from manufacture or not but you need to re shim your rotor as close to the hall sensors as possible .Once i re shimmed the rotor i ran the motor for approx 1 hour with no issues at all .

The problem is the assembly of the motor not the esc or software of HW so please re shim and you will find the problem is solved .
How many shims and material do you suggest? I think there is just one plastic clear shim in the X12? (this is in the 10.5t for sure) I know that not all X12 have same amount/thickness of shims from one model to the next
Old 10-24-2011, 03:33 PM
M7H
Tech Elite

Good one Cobra, and actually I knew that...
But I thought it was a common problem, because I've seen it with more motors..... and not just the X12, GM also has this "problem"

But as far as I know, it is not that you need to shim the rotor, to have the rotor as close as possible to the hall sensor, you need to shim the amount of axial play to a minimum, to have a constant sensor signal. At least, that worked for me, but maybe I was lucky...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.