Old 09-15-2011, 06:40 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by FunkyDunky
I want one I want one I want one
+1 +1 +1
Old 09-15-2011, 09:13 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Now, we all know Blue is Best... but in terms of colours this is what i was told last weekend about an idea (and note it is only that, not confirmation in anyway shape or form) for the casing.

Basically the stock case would be offered with a carbon bottom and blue/black plastic top, and matching low profile heatsink. If you want different colours, then there would be options for alloy upper cases (a la xtreme stock) and heatsinks in a variety of colours. With a carbon lower case, almost doesn't matter what colour is brought... personally I think it's a great idea to help best match peoples cars and colours.

Red, orange, green, silver... whatever you want
Old 09-15-2011, 09:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TryHard
Now, we all know Blue is Best... but in terms of colours this is what i was told last weekend about an idea (and note it is only that, not confirmation in anyway shape or form) for the casing.

Basically the stock case would be offered with a carbon bottom and blue/black plastic top, and matching low profile heatsink. If you want different colours, then there would be options for alloy upper cases (a la xtreme stock) and heatsinks in a variety of colours. With a carbon lower case, almost doesn't matter what colour is brought... personally I think it's a great idea to help best match peoples cars and colours.

Red, orange, green, silver... whatever you want
Plus you could replace these parts if they were to crack or chip...very good idea!
Old 09-15-2011, 11:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
Hi Guys

I have attached the original photos of one of two prototypes the first proto is being track tested in China as we speak .

It does have it's decals and graphics missing but like i have said in the past the unit is smarter,smaller,new software plus a soft switch with build in led's including a new style heatsink for all axis airflow plus the new programming method that doesn't violate any patents of any brand .

I have no confirmed date of release but im sure it wll be soon as all the work is now complete just need to get into mass production now .

Hobbywing is very serious and committed to bringing its customers the best of the best .Management would like to apologise for the time it has taken but we wanted the new v3 to be the best for our customers .Alot of you might have though why did we do all the work for other oem customers but not our own but to be honest behind the scenes there was alot going on with our design team that no one knew about and that i could not talk about but i always knew the V3 was always destined only for the Hobbywing brand .

thank you for your patients.

regards Angelo
will the price compare to justock or xtremestock?
Old 09-15-2011, 11:14 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by SammyZ
will the price compare to justock or xtremestock?
No it will not because the v3 is a 120 amp esc and will eventually replace the 2.1 once stock of the2.1 run out.the v3 will be slightly more expensive than the 2.1 120amp but not much.
Old 09-15-2011, 11:22 AM
Tech Elite

One thing i need to make clear there will be no bottom case carbon look.I dont believe in violating international patents .The carbon style square woven look is owned by orion and even though we oem for them and would be allowed to use it i will not be going down that road again like we did with castle creations and the rx port programming method.Hobbywing wants to implement there own ideas and not use existing ideas.
In saying that even though most of you know i am the owner of Pro Amps batteries and we use the hard case that looks like the carbon style it's not as we use diamonds instead of the woven square look and we might consider this for the hobbywing bottom case .

If you guys have any ideas or thoughts on the matter please let me know i am open for discussion on ideas you might have.You guys are the only important people in our business plus our production stuff myself and the other management are no important so please throw your ideas towards us .

Last edited by COBRARACING; 09-15-2011 at 02:59 PM.
Old 09-15-2011, 12:24 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by millbank
After reading your reply to this angelo i am very confused....
I thought that the turbo on the 211 software only activated after the boost rpm was achieved and all the boost was used up. eg; if you had 30 steps of boost timing and a 3000 rpm start with acc at 500 the turbo wouldn't cut in until the revs hit 18000 rpm????..
With a data logger in my car i discovered that with a delay on the turbo the car would complete its boost then delay before activating the turbo.
with 211
boost always first - then after all boost timing the turbo is added.

with a delay - the boost is reached then the delay as set - then the turbo is added.

with turbo delay set to off
once the full amount of boost is added there is no delay before the turbo is added.

Makes sense to me
Old 09-15-2011, 12:34 PM
Tech Adept

Love the integrated power switch. I would like an alternative to keep pulling out the plug from the receiver to change the settings though.
Looks great. Look forward to owning one
Old 09-15-2011, 02:28 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default V3

Angelo
So we are all clear will the new software be backwards compatible to V2.1 speedies
Old 09-15-2011, 02:45 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by scoop
Love the integrated power switch. I would like an alternative to keep pulling out the plug from the receiver to change the settings though.
Looks great. Look forward to owning one
You dont ever need to remove the plug from the receiver again as the new programming method is no longer through the rx port .the front 3 pins you see on the esc is the port for programming and a lead will be supplied so all you do is plug your lcd programmer to the esc via this cable .
Old 09-15-2011, 02:48 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Groomie
Angelo
So we are all clear will the new software be backwards compatible to V2.1 speedies
yes the software will work on the 2.1v and the xtreme stock and the xerun 60 amp hobbywing branded product.This way we dont dissapoint the customers who own the 2.1v esc's .

No matter what im not like other companies who there EGO's come first to me the customer is the most important and we at hobbywing need to cater for all not just for some .
Old 09-15-2011, 03:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
You dont ever need to remove the plug from the receiver again as the new programming method is no longer through the rx port .the front 3 pins you see on the esc is the port for programming and a lead will be supplied so all you do is plug your lcd programmer to the esc via this cable .

ohh WOW great idea. I have short extentions on all my HW Speedies to avoid the wear on the RX.

im going to have to get me a few of these...
Old 09-15-2011, 05:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Angelo, great job on the V3, looking good!

Would like to know if its feasible for the program box/software to store 2/more different firmwares so as to do away with the need to re-flash the ESC (with the computer) every time we want to change from Stock FW to 0 timing FW?
Old 09-15-2011, 05:27 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Looks very good!

EA
Old 09-16-2011, 02:48 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tommi
Angelo, great job on the V3, looking good!

Would like to know if its feasible for the program box/software to store 2/more different firmwares so as to do away with the need to re-flash the ESC (with the computer) every time we want to change from Stock FW to 0 timing FW?
I am trying to implement 10 modes for the lcd programmer with all the software installed on the lcd this way yes you can do away with the pc and have the pc only when you need to upgrade the lcd usb link firmware and updates of new control firmware.This is my plan

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.