Originally Posted by rbakker
maybe i`m not the most bieutifull...
Hahaha, this is so easy....

I agree!...

inkoppertje
Old 07-11-2011, 01:09 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by cuttingedge
I have added a HobbyWing setups section to my website .
I am going to post my setups from each event I attend there are two setups online at the moment with more to follow , setups will be for Touring cars running 21.5 and 13.5 motors ........

if anyone wants to take a look go to www.car69.me.uk

The hobbywing setups can be found in the usefull information section ...

Car69
I hope the set up for the 21.5 is for Ipswich as I am going to need that in 2 weeks!! I reckon the wet cars are coming out to play!!
Old 07-11-2011, 04:30 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
Ok what i will do at the end of this month i will make sure that we have the delay in our 119 software and it will be a feature that can be switched on and off in the running mode ok.

You know i will do anything to keep the customer happy and nothing less
That was February, and I'm still not a happy customer. Why is not the reverse bug fixed yet? Introducing the delay again, or reading from the sensors that the motor is still rotating forward before entering reverse?

I'm starting to lose my faith on HW... hope I'm wrong.
Old 07-11-2011, 05:12 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Gusi
That was February, and I'm still not a happy customer. Why is not the reverse bug fixed yet? Introducing the delay again, or reading from the sensors that the motor is still rotating forward before entering reverse?

I'm starting to lose my faith on HW... hope I'm wrong.
Michael will not introduce the delay into the software as he got 100's of emails from customers complaining about a delay in the forward to reverse brake .The xerun is a 100% racing product were reverse is not allowed anyway in major events and in some countries not even at club events

The software has 3 settings

forward /reverse
forward only with brake
forward and reverse with brake (first forward level movement is brake and the second is brake )

No need to lose faith all i can do is pass on the info to michael if he doesnt agree he doesnt agree .
Old 07-11-2011, 05:19 AM
Tech Regular

Guys I'm really struggling to find the 224 firmware. I can find the program box 224 but not for the ESC. Does anyone have a link to the correct download? Cheers
Old 07-11-2011, 07:20 AM
rai
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by JRXS_chris
Guys I'm really struggling to find the 224 firmware. I can find the program box 224 but not for the ESC. Does anyone have a link to the correct download? Cheers
hope this help. Got the 224 firmware from here. http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...ings-only.html
Old 07-11-2011, 07:45 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks Rai

I tried this one but the actual ESC software for 224 wasn't on there. Just the 2 in 1 box software.

V1.63 (1224) -----> http://www.mediafire.com/?k57g9oe8seaom72
Old 07-11-2011, 08:03 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
Michael will not introduce the delay into the software as he got 100's of emails from customers complaining about a delay in the forward to reverse brake .The xerun is a 100% racing product were reverse is not allowed anyway in major events and in some countries not even at club events
Forget the delay, I mentioned only for simplicity. The REAL bug is that the ESC is entering reverse even when the motor is still rotating forward.

From the official Xerun manual "When the throttle stick is moved to the backward zone again (The 2nd “click”), if the motor speed is slowed down to zero (i.e. stopped), the backward action will happen. The “Double-Click” method can prevent mistakenly reversing action when the brake function is frequently used in steering.". Obviously this is not working in the latest firmwares, so what you or Michael have to say about it? Sorry for being so repetitive about this, but I've paid for a product that doesn't work as advertised, and I don't see any progress to solve it.
Old 07-11-2011, 09:22 AM
Tech Master

if you really need to go backwards, downgrade to a version that has the thing you are looking for? The manual is from an older firmware so load that version up and it works lik it is advertised. Or am i missing something?
Old 07-11-2011, 11:35 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ive gone back to 224 just need some setting now for x12 13.5t
Old 07-11-2011, 11:40 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by 2wdrive
if you really need to go backwards, downgrade to a version that has the thing you are looking for? The manual is from an older firmware so load that version up and it works lik it is advertised. Or am i missing something?
Why must I revert to an older version that may be worse in other aspects? Newer firmware run cooler and has more features; going back is not the solution, and fixing a software bug should be so easy as looking back to the changes in the code and revert the bad code. It's just the passivity of the support team what makes me angry, because they are ignoring known bugs and this is not good for their reputation. I was going to buy another xerun, but until this is fixed I'll wait (or will buy another brand)
Old 07-11-2011, 01:39 PM
Tech Adept

Managed to melt my THIRD motor this afternoon. And it was NOT even overheating!

First things first, though:
First motor to go was a Trinity Duo2 17.5T, geared at around 7.0FDR (all motors on my 1/5 scale Thunder Tiger SB-5 motorcycle, running an Xtreme Stock ESC with mild settings, which I have mentioned earlier). It ran a few batteries at around 80-85C and then in one battery it went buttery... something melted inside it... and it was running just 3-4 minutes, while previously it had ran 10-minute sessions with cool off periods in between...

Then it was a Nosram Pure Evo (X12 equivalent, 17.5T) geared even lower at 8.1FDR. This one ran a high of 105C, so I toned down the turbo and boost settings a bit and managed to make it run at a top 90C, with ambient temps around 30-33C.

This afternoon (ambient 35C) I ran the Nosram (X11 equivalent, also 17.5T). First battery went fine, motor came out at 85C after 12 minutes on track.
Second battery, 20-25 minutes later, motor had temped down to 40C, just after three minutes of running, the bike stopped on its tracks... I temped the motor, it was 90C, but it was coughing badly, would not start if it was not pushed, smelled badly...

Now... last year, in my KP09 bike, I was running a Xerun 60A 2.1, powering a Nosram 13.5T (x11), geared at 6.1, mild settings on the then program, and later an LRP X12, geared and turboed the same and it never caused a problem with either motor...

Small difference between the bikes: KP weighed 1810 grams, TT weighs 1905 gr. (according to the RC Bikes Worlds rules, respectively).
Last year's batteries were HK 3300/3600/30C, now I am running GensAce 5000/50C.

So, I'm back to my X11 13,5T Nosram, now, but with a serious change: I ditched the Xtreme stock and mounted the Xerun 60A...

More testing tomorrow early morning before temps hit over 33C...
I geared the X11 at last year's (longish) 6.1, just to see how it will fare...
Settings are the same mild from the 17.5T:

Punch 5
LVC 3.0V (not really important, I consume around 2200mah for each 10-12 minutes of running at the track)
Boost 25
slope 18
turbo 20
boost start 4000
delay 03
ACC 400

We will see if something IS wrong with the Xtreme stock... First it didnt have adequate brakes, then I soldered a 4-cap capacitor (stolen from my 120A Xerun!) and it had some little better brakes, now it started melting the motors?!!!!!
Can it be so?!!!

Edit: all motors were ran with 211 FW...

Last edited by steliosh; 07-11-2011 at 01:40 PM. Reason: one last thought...
Old 07-11-2011, 01:58 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Gusi
Why must I revert to an older version that may be worse in other aspects? Newer firmware run cooler and has more features; going back is not the solution, and fixing a software bug should be so easy as looking back to the changes in the code and revert the bad code. It's just the passivity of the support team what makes me angry, because they are ignoring known bugs and this is not good for their reputation. I was going to buy another xerun, but until this is fixed I'll wait (or will buy another brand)
if you want to have brakes yes you will have to downgrade for now at least. They are only ignoring 1% of people that want to go backwards. The rest doesn't mind having no backward capability... they only want to go fast forwards with a good price
Old 07-11-2011, 06:37 PM
rai
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by JRXS_chris
Thanks Rai

I tried this one but the actual ESC software for 224 wasn't on there. Just the 2 in 1 box software.

V1.63 (1224) -----> http://www.mediafire.com/?k57g9oe8seaom72
I thought everything was in there. I managed to get my esc injected with 224 software by following the instructions from Shawnz and M7H in the previous pagse. And the esc too reads the 224 software.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.