Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 10:36 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Lohan
Can I just say - I've come to a realisation - there is always argy bargy at a racetrack - and I am aware of the incident you are talking of.

It may well be worth calling up the offender and resolving the issue.

Oddly enough - and this is an observation and not an opinion - another well known racer caused a 'who har' with the scrutineering at an earlier round - so I heard.

All I am saying is that the south east race circuit is a small world, and don't just cut your nose of to spite your face (a bit like me over eversley!)

Also, more importantly, I am gonna try the suggested 13.5 setting on 211 - though it gives a variable set of initial instructions, so I have gone for the middle of each setting
Lohan I'll get that sp13.5 going well on the 211 for u tomorrow, already have an idea of wat to do with it........
Old 04-02-2011, 12:27 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by cherry2blost
Sorry I missed it have replied now
bak at ya
Old 04-02-2011, 02:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by cherry2blost
Cherry Keep doing that you help all of us.

you can also add SP Old Firmware if you had the oldest one,.
Thank's
Old 04-02-2011, 03:50 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Lohan
Can I just say - I've come to a realisation - there is always argy bargy at a racetrack - and I am aware of the incident you are talking of.

It may well be worth calling up the offender and resolving the issue.

race circuit is a small world, and don't just cut your nose of to spite your face
you know me lohan, i coudnt give a monkeys arse. phone him? f him more like! lol

there is no nose cutting dude. he knows hes a twat, and if he dont he does now.
Old 04-02-2011, 04:28 AM
Tech Elite

Hi Guys

Just to get off the topic of esc's for this moment ive been doing some research on Lipo batterys with our partner who owns part of our brand Pro Amps who is also a millitary factory based in china .

Ive been going backwards and forwards with info and learning more and more while asking the questions,visiting the factory and some of my own testing here in Australia.

I just wanted to leanr more and understand more plus break the myth buster as they say about lipo ballooning and swelling also over discharging and over charging .

what i did was charged up 25 pieces of the 7.4v 60 5500mah on just a normal charger with a balancer .10 pieces were charged with no balancer and the rest with balancer connected .

I charged all batterys full and left the batterys for 2 months just sitting in the office.when they say that you need to store the battery at 85% of charge is a myth from what i found out and from what i asked the head engineers at the factory .I then used the batterys in cars and then charged them again and left them for 1 week found no swelling on any of the batterys ..After my testing was complete i asked some more questions to the engineers about please tell me why do batterys swell and why do batterys lose say a cell during operation .

What i was told was Batterys will only swell if the chemistry is contaminated and that would be caused from factory not from over discharging or over charging.

I also asked why do the batterys sometimes drop cells and i was told that the cel will only be dropped and never be recovered is when you over discharge the battery during discharge on load or discharging the battery with the charger and going below its cutoff which is manufactured in the cell and that all cells vary some cutoffs are at 3.4v.3.3v 3.2v some at 3.0v and some at 2.8v depending on manufacturer .

conclusion:
so guys if your battery swells its because of contamination of chemistry caused from factory during manufacture with no controlled environment and not over discharging or over charging .

Cells will drop only when allowed to drop below the built in cutoff off of the cell and for the accurate cutoff you will have to ask the manufacturer of your battery as all manufacturers vary .

cheap batterys are cheap for a reason and thats because you will probably get a maximum 50 cycles out of them were some other more expensive brands do have guarantees of over 500 cycle chargers and more .

ok thank you for your time and thanks for listening and i hope this information helps you guys out when choosing to buy your next cells.
Old 04-02-2011, 04:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 141 (100%+)

lipos can also swell due to mis-storage. People leaving their lipos in their cars on a hot day, also leave them in the garage, it can act like a microwave oven. I have had a lipo balloon up for being in a car in 2 hours. Best place to store them is inside the house.
Old 04-02-2011, 04:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 141 (100%+)

when are the pro amps available, and where from?
Old 04-02-2011, 05:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
Hi Guys

Just to get off the topic of esc's for this moment ive been doing some research on Lipo batterys with our partner who owns part of our brand Pro Amps who is also a millitary factory based in china .

Ive been going backwards and forwards with info and learning more and more while asking the questions,visiting the factory and some of my own testing here in Australia.

I just wanted to leanr more and understand more plus break the myth buster as they say about lipo ballooning and swelling also over discharging and over charging .

what i did was charged up 25 pieces of the 7.4v 60 5500mah on just a normal charger with a balancer .10 pieces were charged with no balancer and the rest with balancer connected .

I charged all batterys full and left the batterys for 2 months just sitting in the office.when they say that you need to store the battery at 85% of charge is a myth from what i found out and from what i asked the head engineers at the factory .I then used the batterys in cars and then charged them again and left them for 1 week found no swelling on any of the batterys ..After my testing was complete i asked some more questions to the engineers about please tell me why do batterys swell and why do batterys lose say a cell during operation .

What i was told was Batterys will only swell if the chemistry is contaminated and that would be caused from factory not from over discharging or over charging.

I also asked why do the batterys sometimes drop cells and i was told that the cel will only be dropped and never be recovered is when you over discharge the battery during discharge on load or discharging the battery with the charger and going below its cutoff which is manufactured in the cell and that all cells vary some cutoffs are at 3.4v.3.3v 3.2v some at 3.0v and some at 2.8v depending on manufacturer .

conclusion:
so guys if your battery swells its because of contamination of chemistry caused from factory during manufacture with no controlled environment and not over discharging or over charging .

Cells will drop only when allowed to drop below the built in cutoff off of the cell and for the accurate cutoff you will have to ask the manufacturer of your battery as all manufacturers vary .

cheap batterys are cheap for a reason and thats because you will probably get a maximum 50 cycles out of them were some other more expensive brands do have guarantees of over 500 cycle chargers and more .

ok thank you for your time and thanks for listening and i hope this information helps you guys out when choosing to buy your next cells.
I see contradiction:

"the cel will only be dropped and never be recovered is when you over discharge the battery during discharge on load or discharging the battery with the charger and going below its cutoff which is manufactured in the cell"

then you say:

"battery swells its because of contamination of chemistry caused from factory during manufacture with no controlled environment and not over discharging or over charging"

and then you correct yourself by:

"Cells will drop only when allowed to drop below the built in cutoff off of the cell and for the accurate cutoff you will have to ask the manufacturer of your battery as all manufacturers vary "
Old 04-02-2011, 05:40 AM
Tech Adept

Just my findings, over hundreds of hours of bashing, racing, practicing...

My first ever lipo was a Team Orion 3200/20C, and along with it I bought the Team Orion charger which charged (but not balanced) lipos.
I charged this battery maybe 300 times, and one day, I got it out of the car and it had started to "grow"... I never balanced it, though.

Next, I moved on to two chargers with balancing interface and one Speed Passion 4000/35C and two IP 3800/35C.
I used all three in my mod TC running a 5.5T motor and after 30-40 charges (balanced, always) they all three started "growing". At least they lasted a racing year!

My next batteries were sets of pairs of soft case Turnigy's: 3000/40c, 3300/30C, 3600/30C. After a year running all these with NOTHING stronger than 13.5T they are still going strong, (I am not really counting each!) having always balance-charged them all about 400 times, all together, so far, they endure without a hiccup.

As for "rest" etc, I usually let them rest at whatever state they are removed from the vehicle (car or bike) until the next use (balance charge and run). Usually they "take" about 2300-2500mah each.

I had two Turnigy hardcase 4000/30C's fail one cell each after 2-3 charges. I opened both, saved the "good" cells, soldered them together properly and made one good battery out of the two... It still goes strong!

One other point of interest: The 3000/40C's "seem" to offer more punch than either the 3300/30C or the 3600/30C, at the cost of duration, obviously! I use these mainly in my 1/5 rc bike, running a 13.5T motor last year and since October, a 17.5T...

No conclusions here. I just use them and go on... If any fails, it will be... replaced!

To stay on topic... ALL above batteries were ran with either a Xerun or an Ezrun ESC!
Old 04-02-2011, 05:51 AM
Tech Regular

While on the topic bout lipos , has hobbywing thought bout
Bringing there own lipos out ?
Old 04-02-2011, 09:55 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by defcone
I see contradiction:

"the cel will only be dropped and never be recovered is when you over discharge the battery during discharge on load or discharging the battery with the charger and going below its cutoff which is manufactured in the cell"

then you say:

"battery swells its because of contamination of chemistry caused from factory during manufacture with no controlled environment and not over discharging or over charging"

and then you correct yourself by:

"Cells will drop only when allowed to drop below the built in cutoff off of the cell and for the accurate cutoff you will have to ask the manufacturer of your battery as all manufacturers vary "
Its not a contradition. I have a lipo cell that over discharged. It no longer puts out the proper voltage (its a 4s pack for an airplane), and i am unable to charge the battery properly. It has 1 cell that refuses to charge.
The pack has _NOT_ swollen. I have also seen acouple of racers thats still race with swollen packs, and their cells are working fine (Might be a ticking time bomb, but thats another problem.) :-)

So, the two problems are not always directly related.
Old 04-02-2011, 12:46 PM
Tech Initiate

HW already making lipos
Old 04-02-2011, 12:56 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by xrayal
you know me lohan, i coudnt give a monkeys arse. phone him? f him more like! lol

there is no nose cutting dude. he knows hes a twat, and if he dont he does now.
fair do
Old 04-02-2011, 01:22 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by MChandler
HW already making lipos
Didnt no they did . Ive just ordered two lipos aswell

Last edited by mwoods; 04-02-2011 at 04:06 PM.
Old 04-02-2011, 03:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Number of poles in a Hobbywing XERUN Motor.

Right I really need to know how many poles does the XERUN 13.5T really have, as with my E-Logger it asks for number of poles to correctly measure RPM. At the moment I am making an assumption that it is a 6 pole motor which would mean that my motor is revving to 48000 RPM.

Angelo, Michael etc please help me out here.

Please no major debate on this, just an answer if you actually know what the answer is for definite.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.