Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 07:39 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by M7H
I hope you've already filed a patent application, otherwise now it's not possible anymore....
If not, remove the information asap!
already done 3 months ago I will never be cheated again i say
Old 03-30-2011, 08:16 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
Hi guys

Now as you know you guys are the most important to hobbywing so i want to ask you guys for your ideas on what you want from hobbywing ,what products do you guys want with what options etc .

please thow me some suggestions .colours,different logos,new look, \smaller footprint all that sort of stuff .dont forget hobbywing is an electronics factory is not only restricted to manufacturing just esc's ok .

so let's get it going with suggestions.

rpm log is in next version of software update so irgo no more rpm log questions or suggestions ok .

1) XtremeStock 1S - And if it could be ready for the next winter season that would be good! Indoor starts again in sept/oct. You better get started.

2) A programming port seperate from the RX'er wire. (Just another connector would be good, placed on the top of the ESC, just like the fan connection.)

3) A power chart for converting nitro airplanes to electric ones. I have a .15 Balsa kit (Great lakes trainer), that I want to electricfy, Which motor and ESC does HW recommend.

4) What about a ESC with a builtin transponder?

5) An import feature for the setups on the USB Link Software.

6) Setup repository for setups. I was going to setup one up, but have been unable to find a decent file server to host it on. (I am too cheap to pay).

7) When you get the RPM_Log working make sure it can export the data to a comma delimited format please. I have already been designing my analysis software, to average results, as to eliminate wheel spin, and other variables.

There thay should keep you going for abit.

Shawn.
Old 03-30-2011, 08:16 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by smilekt
for me hope Hobbywing will produce Software more motor cooller running with turbo & boost in super fast like tekin..
You already have that.
Old 03-30-2011, 08:18 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
Ok guys

some news we do have a new programming method and a new esc .

one will be our new 3 pin connector not associated with the rx port which will benefit you guys and not have to remove it from the receiver.

The other is a miniture blue tooth interface small enough to fit in you car (will be an option (smart phone applications will be available)
The lcd 2 in 1 will have a bluetooth interface to work with the car module.

The reson why we cannot build into the esc as the size will be big for the esc and because of noise as esc's do have high currents even on idle which would cause the esc to go offline all the time .The 1/8th scale esc because of it's massive size we will probably have the blue tooth built in but we need to see after testing if it will work .

The bluetooth unit will be very small the size of a fail safe unit .You will still have the option of direct plug in through the new connector direct to the 2 in 1 programmer .

so as you can see we are moving forward .All this will have patents attached to protect michael's and the teams hard work .

keep you all informed .this is probably going to be available late sep 2011 first prototype end of july .
Are you patenting the Blue Tooth Methode or the 3 Pin connector method?
Old 03-30-2011, 08:48 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Shawn68z
Are you patenting the Blue Tooth Methode or the 3 Pin connector method?
They can't patent the 3-pin connector, MRT had that back in the 90s with their plug-in programmer.

Bluetooth is pretty novel though, I'm sure that will be patentable.
Old 03-30-2011, 09:13 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by daleburr
They can't patent the 3-pin connector, MRT had that back in the 90s with their plug-in programmer.

Bluetooth is pretty novel though, I'm sure that will be patentable.
You can patent almost anything.

Wheelmonitor Inc, in Ontario canada, patented the communications over a copper wire using digital technology.

The peanut butter sandwich is also patented.

And the blue tooth, although a novel idea, may not be defendable. A patent is only as good as the last time it was in court.
Old 03-30-2011, 02:08 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mwoods
one thing that wud b nice is to have a save function on the program box for 10 different speedo setups .

eg

memory 1 large outdoor track
memory 2 small out track

and so on ...
+1
Old 03-30-2011, 02:15 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

What about an LCD Display Built into the ESC that can show motor temp, ESC temp, settings etc
Old 03-30-2011, 07:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Hobbywing Push Control

Angelo, do you Heard about "Push Control" ?
Old 03-30-2011, 10:42 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by irgo
I was sending pm's back and forth with lohan about this push control that other speedos offer. Kinda sounds like the same feature the FW211 offers. Only FW211 is not configurable.

Shawn.
Old 03-30-2011, 10:52 PM
Tech Adept

My wishlist is simple:
A smaller footpring, Angelo, for the "big" 120A ESC's...
I will be forced to get me an Xtreme stock (not that it's bad itself, of course, but I DO have two 60A and one 120A already !!!) because it WILL fit in smaller places.
I tried to squeeze the 120A in my Thunder Tiger SB-5 rc bike and it wouldn't fit... The chassis is 35mm wide! And the Xeruns are 36mm!!!!!
The designer of the bike said he had "racing" ESC's in mind, when he designed it, "not the chinese ones"! And the bike was designed in 2009 and presented in 2010!
Right now, I'm running the bike with a 6.5T motor, so the 120A V2.0 is a must, but I will revert to 17.5T so the Xtreme stock will go in there. I could use my current Xerun 60A V2.0 too, but its footprint is exactly the same as the 120A, and of course bigger than the Xtreme stock.

One question, too... Since the Xerun 60A can handle a 5.5T on 2S onroad, why can't the (also rated at 60A) Xtreme stock and is limited to 8.5T?
Old 03-31-2011, 12:46 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by mwoods
one thing that wud b nice is to have a save function on the program box for 10 different speedo setups .

eg

memory 1 large outdoor track
memory 2 small out track

and so on ...
You can already store 3 different settings in the box, I'll show you how at the next meeting Mark.
Old 03-31-2011, 01:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by steliosh

One question, too... Since the Xerun 60A can handle a 5.5T on 2S onroad, why can't the (also rated at 60A) Xtreme stock and is limited to 8.5T?
ask the Finance Manager for a copy of the meeting minutes he had with the engineers

Oh, the extreme stock had the 8.5t to be ran with turbo/boost in mind that's why. Sensorless, it's capable of handling the 5.5t but then it'll be boring
Old 03-31-2011, 01:05 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by irgo
Yes i do but i will not tread on tekins toes as they have the wording and the technology to .
Old 03-31-2011, 01:10 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by cheapskate.brok
ask the Finance Manager for a copy of the meeting minutes he had with the engineers
You can run a 5.5T with a fan not without and no turbo.But im not sure because i havent tried it but you might be able to run 119 mod software with turbo with the xtreme and a 5.5T but to be honest i dont recommend it .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.