Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2011, 09:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by cherry2blost
yes, Nice Work cherry..
Old 03-08-2011, 09:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 141 (100%+)

instead of using 64 steps, I think it would be easier for the majority of people to understand using 100 steps or 100% boost timing.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sizheng
... (The only one should be mentioned is 101224, it really has some different concept but it was just a test version and now was proved not to be good enough for all kinds of applications by the factory, so it was not released by hobbywing official. But drivers like M7H found it very good for his driving, so just keep it and wait for the better one comes out.)
You mention a better FW coming out, will this FW be directed at the higher timing requirements of 1S/17.5 racing? 1224 came really close to achieving everything I could want in a ESC, but it just missed the mark by alittle bit. Having the ability to run 60deg of mixed boost/turbo would hit the spot.
Maybe HW could put a safety into the software that would make sure it turned off if the input voltage is OVER 4.3V ? This would prevent people from trying to run a high timing in their 2S Touring Cars.

Cheers,
Shawn.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:33 PM
Tech Elite

I will go off the sheet below for this explanation

Boost timing (is in steps of current increasing and descreasing and will adjust as the rpm is advancing )

example if you use say 20 steps in boost but your running your car at a very low rpm well the speed controller is still producing 20 steps as programmed and that will in turn heat the motor and thats why we use dynamic timing at low rpm to avoid this occuring .

Turbo slope ( relates to how fast you want your turbo setting to ramp up in steps per time
Example: Turbo Timing is set to 24° and Turbo Slope Rate is set to 3°/0.1s, it takes 0.8S to activate this 24°Turbo steps.

Turbo timing (steps not timing) is the steps that you have available to adjust for the turbo effect and that all relates to steps in current flow increase/decrease and time .Also called additional steps that come into effect faster than the basic steps in boost timing as it work with time and not rpm .

Boost start Rpm (ESC begins to increase the internal steps of current when the motor speed reaches the Timing Start RPM. A Smaller Timing Start RPM value causes a faster rate of Timing because the ESC increases the internal steps of current flow earlier.

Turbo delay ( means when do you want the turbo boost effect to come into effect .the lower the setting the faster the turbo will be activated say 0.1 secs of delay it will take only this time to activate etc but remember will only work on full throttle .

boost timing acceleration ( as its called This refers to the RPM increment that triggers the Timing increase of 1 per step. The lower the value it is, the more torque the motor will produce but at the expense of the motor increasing in temperature .
Old 03-08-2011, 09:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by acetechnologies
"EOT Crane, EOT Crane Manufacturers, Single Side Girder Crane Manufacturers, Single Girder Crane Manufacturers, Double Side Girder Crane Manufacturers, Double Girder Crane Manufacturers, Jib Crane Manufacturers, Wire Rope Hoists Manufacturers, Grab Manufacturers, Gantry Crane Manufacturers, Goliath Crane Manufacturers, Monorails Manufacturers, C Hooks Manufacturers, "C" Hooks Manufacturers India."
Are you related to Irgo?
Old 03-08-2011, 09:47 PM

Trader Rating: 8 (83%+)

Originally Posted by Jack2
Are you related to Irgo?
HA HA HA HA Jack ill give ya 10 points for that
Old 03-09-2011, 12:40 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
I will go off the sheet below for this explanation

Boost timing (is in steps of current increasing and descreasing and will adjust as the rpm is advancing )

example if you use say 20 steps in boost but your running your car at a very low rpm well the speed controller is still producing 20 steps as programmed and that will in turn heat the motor and thats why we use dynamic timing at low rpm to avoid this occuring .

Turbo slope ( relates to how fast you want your turbo setting to ramp up in steps per time
Example: Turbo Timing is set to 24° and Turbo Slope Rate is set to 3°/0.1s, it takes 0.8S to activate this 24°Turbo steps.

Turbo timing (steps not timing) is the steps that you have available to adjust for the turbo effect and that all relates to steps in current flow increase/decrease and time .Also called additional steps that come into effect faster than the basic steps in boost timing as it work with time and not rpm .

Boost start Rpm (ESC begins to increase the internal steps of current when the motor speed reaches the Timing Start RPM. A Smaller Timing Start RPM value causes a faster rate of Timing because the ESC increases the internal steps of current flow earlier.

Turbo delay ( means when do you want the turbo boost effect to come into effect .the lower the setting the faster the turbo will be activated say 0.1 secs of delay it will take only this time to activate etc but remember will only work on full throttle .

boost timing acceleration ( as its called This refers to the RPM increment that triggers the Timing increase of 1 per step. The lower the value it is, the more torque the motor will produce but at the expense of the motor increasing in temperature .
When there is time could the different attributes be organised and grouped accordingly? Looking at cherries pdf file (and also in the program box) the different attributes of dynamic timing and turbo timing are all over the place making for a not so easy to follow layout. It would be easier to understand when all the attributes of dynamic timing are grouped together and group all the attributes for turbo together. It will be more intuitive this way then how it is organised now? ( has been asked before by some other drivers on here). I am not sure if it is possible but it would be easier for adjusting the settings i believe.

Something like this .....
boost - start rpm - timing acc/slope - turbo timing - turbo slope - turbo delay

ps:
The pdf file cherry made looks great
Old 03-09-2011, 01:48 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by hacker
instead of using 64 steps, I think it would be easier for the majority of people to understand using 100 steps or 100% boost timing.
Great idea makes sense.
Old 03-09-2011, 01:51 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 2wdrive
When there is time could the different attributes be organised and grouped accordingly? Looking at cherries pdf file (and also in the program box) the different attributes of dynamic timing and turbo timing are all over the place making for a not so easy to follow layout. It would be easier to understand when all the attributes of dynamic timing are grouped together and group all the attributes for turbo together. It will be more intuitive this way then how it is organised now? ( has been asked before by some other drivers on here). I am not sure if it is possible but it would be easier for adjusting the settings i believe.

Something like this .....
boost - start rpm - timing acc/slope - turbo timing - turbo slope - turbo delay

ps:
The pdf file cherry made looks great
Yes i have done the instructions that way all in order just waiting for michael to make the changes in the program .will take some time .
Old 03-09-2011, 01:51 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Deleted

Last edited by cherry2blost; 03-15-2011 at 04:54 AM.
Old 03-09-2011, 01:54 AM

Trader Rating: 8 (83%+)

Originally Posted by cherry2blost
percentages seem to work well !!

Right final rework on this tell me if it's OK an will post the base file, Thanks CheapSkate for all your help on this !!!

Cherry
xx
Hey cherry looks good to me good job mate Now post the download link
Old 03-09-2011, 01:57 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Shawn68z
You mention a better FW coming out, will this FW be directed at the higher timing requirements of 1S/17.5 racing? 1224 came really close to achieving everything I could want in a ESC, but it just missed the mark by alittle bit. Having the ability to run 60deg of mixed boost/turbo would hit the spot.
Maybe HW could put a safety into the software that would make sure it turned off if the input voltage is OVER 4.3V ? This would prevent people from trying to run a high timing in their 2S Touring Cars.

Cheers,
Shawn.
Thanks Shawn.

We will do more test under 1S situation.
Actually the motor performance and efficiency under 1S is different from
higher voltage. I think this is the reason it needs different settings (maybe also different method )for boost and turbo.
Old 03-09-2011, 01:58 AM
Tech Master

could you place FDR / RO (rollout for the pancar guys) on the setup sheet?

just knitpicking

ps:
Maybe also 1s or 2s?
Old 03-09-2011, 02:02 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by hacker
We know that but it needs more memory space which is limited in the speedo.
Old 03-09-2011, 02:19 AM
Tech Regular

Is the 211 update out yet ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.