Search
Like Tree4Likes

NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2011, 06:04 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by K_Takuya
Hi All,

What's the best 10.5t sensored motor to be paired with the HW 120A esc ? Im looking for a reliable and cool temp motor..

I'm into touring..thanks...
I have a Team Epic Duo2 10.5T (3570kv) motor which has survived approximately 100hrs of use on a 3S Lipo in a Traxxas Stampede.

Even on a 3S Lipo off-road and on grass the motor has never failed me and it has never become overly hot.

In my touring car on a 2S Lipo heat for me with this motor has never been an issue with gearing of 7.00:1 and a 6min run time.

It may not be the best 10.5T out there but it's definetly the best 10.5T I have ever used.
Old 03-02-2011, 06:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Guys,

I need to setup my Hobbywing XTREME STOCK for 8.5 non-turbo racing. 508 version is mandatory for this, where and how can i install it ?

thanks
Old 03-02-2011, 06:46 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
Hi Guys

I have just removed the instructions and will not be loading them again as i have been told via email through hobbywing head office that they have received emails that the new instructions are confusing some end users .

Im sorry that i have confused people i just thought maybe that most of you wanted the easy way out with a straight forward explanation on the words used in the instructions and how the system all works but i guess not .

sorry once again

regards Angelo
We've been using the terms Boost and Turbo for a couple of years now; I think people are used to these terms and it's best to stick with them. It's sort of like Windows 7; it's probably better than Windows XP, but once people are used to something it's hard to change it.

Personally I thought the old instructions were clear enough, the only explanation that is missing from all of the instructions is what happens if the Turbo Delay elapses before all Boost has been added. I assume the Boost and Turbo ramps happen in parallel, with each of them continuing to add timing until the overall timing limit (60 degrees) has been reached. But this has never been made clear. It could be that the Turbo timing is only added after all Boost timing has been added.

If anyone really wants to be confused try programming a GM Genius...
Old 03-02-2011, 06:53 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by daleburr
We've been using the terms Boost and Turbo for a couple of years now; I think people are used to these terms and it's best to stick with them. It's sort of like Windows 7; it's probably better than Windows XP, but once people are used to something it's hard to change it.

Personally I thought the old instructions were clear enough, the only explanation that is missing from all of the instructions is what happens if the Turbo Delay elapses before all Boost has been added. I assume the Boost and Turbo ramps happen in parallel, with each of them continuing to add timing until the overall timing limit (60 degrees) has been reached. But this has never been made clear. It could be that the Turbo timing is only added after all Boost timing has been added.

From experience the moment you meet all the criteria for the Turbo to engage, then it dumps the timing on regardless of where in the boost range you actually are, hence much higher temps if you hit full throttle too early in the infield or on the straight.

Hope it helps
Old 03-02-2011, 07:03 AM
Tech Apprentice

Can someone advise me which firmware is the best to be running as there are alot of mixed messages to which is better.

Is the 0119 not as good as the 1224 just in the 1s setups or are people having problems with the 2s also?

Ive not raced since december and back then ran the 0528 which came pre installed with the Xtremestock ESC, Ive since upgraded to 1224 then to 0119 without being able to try either.

Now theres talk of 0211, is that out now?

Im wanting to do a day of testing tomorrow of car and ESC setup but not sure which firmware to be running, any help would be great.

Im currently running the Xtremestock with a 13.5 GM motor in the TC class.

Cheers Mike
Old 03-02-2011, 08:23 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by M7H
That's true.

With 12th scale 1S lipo my own experience is that with a LRP X12/13,5T the V3.0_101224 gave A LOT more punch then the V3.0_110119(which was comparable to V2.0_100518)
Also motor temps where much lower.
With a LRP X11, the 101224 does not have this strong performance... then maybe 110119 will be better, I don't know.

Maybe it's the frequency the ESC is cutting the 3 phases, which suits the X12 better?
With a GM, you can set this frequency. And I guess there is a reason for that...
Your not alone on this one. I run the Novak Ballistic motors, and 1224 worked much better on those motors too.

Something is not quite right with the 119 FW, when I go into a corner, and take my finger off the throttle, my motor makes a "nasty" noise, and the pan car will spin out. Similar to running a drag brake. When running less timing (and bring the timing in slower) the problem lessens, but never goes away. Really frustrating. (I officially got LAST place for the night 2 weeks ago running 119, will be running 1224 again this week.)

Shawn
Old 03-02-2011, 08:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Hi Guys

I have just removed the instructions and will not be loading them again as i have been told via email through hobbywing head office that they have received emails that the new instructions are confusing some end users .

Im sorry that i have confused people i just thought maybe that most of you wanted the easy way out with a straight forward explanation on the words used in the instructions and how the system all works but i guess not .

sorry once again

regards Angelo
nah i prefer yours man. Saved it.
Old 03-02-2011, 08:35 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mikkel_R
Can someone advise me which firmware is the best to be running as there are alot of mixed messages to which is better.

Is the 0119 not as good as the 1224 just in the 1s setups or are people having problems with the 2s also?

Ive not raced since december and back then ran the 0528 which came pre installed with the Xtremestock ESC, Ive since upgraded to 1224 then to 0119 without being able to try either.

Now theres talk of 0211, is that out now?

Im wanting to do a day of testing tomorrow of car and ESC setup but not sure which firmware to be running, any help would be great.

Im currently running the Xtremestock with a 13.5 GM motor in the TC class.

Cheers Mike
Its a matter of trying. I personally like 1224, but I have been playing around with 119 for a few weeks now. 0119 I think can be configured to be faster then the 1224 FW, but with more options and settings available there is more room for error and confusion.

The confusion originated when it was discovered that 119 doesnt use degrees of timing, but steps of timing.

For you I would recommend running the 119 software and see how it works for you. Just start low with your turbo and timing options and work your way up, keeping an eye on your temperature.

Shawn
Old 03-02-2011, 12:21 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by cheapskate.brok
nah i prefer yours man. Saved it.
Hey Cheapy, PM me a link or mail me it, need to see them lol missed em
Old 03-02-2011, 12:36 PM
Tech Initiate

Hey Cherry im still waiting for a reply on Setup for firmware
Old 03-02-2011, 12:52 PM
Tech Regular

Thumbs down

Hi Guys

sorry once again

regards Angelo
Hey Cobra, that's a real shame. I read them this morning but didn't have a chance to download them, was going to do that tonight....! for what its worth, I actually thought it simplified things, I'm surprised that anyone found them confusing. Would it be possible for you to email to me please, as I would like to use them.

All the best, and thanks for all the hard work you do to help us.

Terry
Old 03-02-2011, 12:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Shawn68z
Its a matter of trying. I personally like 1224, but I have been playing around with 119 for a few weeks now. 0119 I think can be configured to be faster then the 1224 FW, but with more options and settings available there is more room for error and confusion.

The confusion originated when it was discovered that 119 doesnt use degrees of timing, but steps of timing.

For you I would recommend running the 119 software and see how it works for you. Just start low with your turbo and timing options and work your way up, keeping an eye on your temperature.

Shawn
Really confusing with the change to "steps" instead of degrees.
Does anybody even know how many degrees a step equals?

Keeping my fingers crossed that the next firmware reverts back to actual degrees.
Old 03-02-2011, 01:00 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by MChandler
Hey Cherry im still waiting for a reply on Setup for firmware
have no idea on the X-12's due to the added timing I use Hobbywing Motors, easier to work it out, sorry dude. Anyone else here have a setup for an X12 10.5 Open fast track medium sized???
Old 03-02-2011, 01:00 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by daleburr

GM's are easier to program !
Old 03-02-2011, 01:48 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by chris_dono
GM's are easier to program !
Lol, no way mate. You need to be a computer programmer to understand how to programme a GM ;-)

you in France yet? Good luck at the Euro's this weekend mate.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.