Search
Like Tree4Likes

NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2011, 09:39 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by emerge
Fdr 4.5 and motor at 5+ timing. But it's a ballistic so it comes with 30+ timing from the factory. And I have 18 on esc.

I also run Ballistics, and quickly found out that less then 15deg timing, and the motor didnt respond well. try adding alittle end bell timing,and take the same amount of timing out of the boost.

Shawn
Old 02-13-2011, 09:41 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Lohan
I am curious as to whether or not the bugs and glitches that I have heard rumoured about the 10224 software have been ironed out as yet? I ask this coz I am thinking about installing it over my 5618 firmware
Which bugs where those? I have been running 0119 since it came out, and I am going to be switching back to 1224 for next week. Its better FW IMHO.

Shawn
Old 02-13-2011, 09:58 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

There's a ton of good info in this thread, but I haven't really seen much in the way of setups. I guess I'll just start where the manual suggests?

I'm looking for a good starting spot with 17.5 and 13.5 DUO3's, 2S touring car w/rubber tires on carpet. Tracks are in the 100x42 range, so a decent straight with a tight infield.

Also, has there been any trouble running this firmware on SP ESC's? I have a HW 2 in 1 and a SP 2.1 ESC and both took the new firmware without issue. The ESC seems to be running fine on the bench.
Old 02-13-2011, 10:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Shawn68z
I also run Ballistics, and quickly found out that less then 15deg timing, and the motor didnt respond well. try adding alittle end bell timing,and take the same amount of timing out of the boost.

Shawn
right it's very easy to calibrate manually with Ballistic.
to get real Zero Fixed Timing.
Old 02-13-2011, 10:19 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Does this esc and software have the sportsman's class blinking setting in it?
Old 02-13-2011, 10:39 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
There's a ton of good info in this thread, but I haven't really seen much in the way of setups. I guess I'll just start where the manual suggests?

I'm looking for a good starting spot with 17.5 and 13.5 DUO3's, 2S touring car w/rubber tires on carpet. Tracks are in the 100x42 range, so a decent straight with a tight infield.

Also, has there been any trouble running this firmware on SP ESC's? I have a HW 2 in 1 and a SP 2.1 ESC and both took the new firmware without issue. The ESC seems to be running fine on the bench.
Reason there aren't too many setups on here is that it is almost all down to personal preference, give you an idea, I run 7.5+ FDR's on the same track that others run 6.5, I run my boost etc differently as it suits my driving, but driver B has his set up for his style. Also there are so many motor/gearing/handling considerations that it is all but impossible to duplicate the setup of someone else.

I regularly post mine but they are of little use to someone who does not have a tail happy super pointy car that needs low punch due to the handling.......

Originally Posted by jekyll08
Yes is under the I believe 518_No TIMING_?

Correct me if I am wrong guys...

Cherry
xx
Old 02-13-2011, 10:41 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hobbywing 13.5T NOW B R C A Approved !!!!!!

Mygod did no one notice the earlier POST !!!

Old 02-13-2011, 12:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)

has anybody here tried using the justock esc running a 6.5 or 5.5 motor?
Old 02-13-2011, 12:59 PM
Tech Adept

Default motor timing

Originally Posted by snabbgas
I know that Novak specifies the factory timing set so big kudos to them!
But since there is no universial factory setting i think that all manufacturers should specify it. Would be easier an eliminate a lot of speculation.
The motors are very close to each other with the same wirethickness, turns etc so it would be easier when trying to figure setups out between racers if everybody knew what endbelltiming they run to begin with

It has very little to do with your brakes but this forum is about a little more than that right
I agree with you snabbgas it alleveate that initial frustration when using or switching to different motors - which was my dilemma last year. However as your argument has more of a wider relevance than Hobbywing maybe a new thread can get the conversation to a wider audience of different manufacturer reps.
Old 02-13-2011, 01:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by syndr0me

I race with the Extreme stock 60A and a SP V3 17.5 motor.

My settings for the speedo is.

Max punch.

Boost 55

Boost start rpm 3000

turbo 5

turbo delay 0

rpm/deg. 200

And final gear ratio 6.4

Fast with great infield punch.
Old 02-13-2011, 01:20 PM
Tech Adept

Default SETTINGS

Originally Posted by Shawn68z

Shawn
This is my issue with that at the moment.
If I increase to 15 endbell which will be 45 motor timing plus 18 ramp esc timing plus 37 boost the heat will go up very quickly. We are in summer at the moment so heat is an issue. So yes I could either lower boost or fdr but I feel that the overall performance will be hampered. I compete on 2 tracks - 1 open and sweeping and other with a very technical infield.

These are my current settings - xtreme esc
FDR 4.5 - 21.5 ballistic
5+ motor endbell
Brakes 100%
Revers 100%
Drag brake - 0, then 10 then 40 (still no change in decelration)
Boost 37
Turbo 23
Ramp 18
Acc 150
DDRS max

I am not seeing anything unusual with any of that that would eliminate my brakes from working. What is interesting is that the brakes did work once but really frustrating the way they just didnt work all of a sudden. The only things that I have been playing with have been boost and acc so unless there is some malfuntion there I just dont know.

To add to this I also changed the trims (m11) to 160% brakes and exp to max - still nothing helped so I am at a loss
Old 02-13-2011, 01:28 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by B18C Turbo
has anybody here tried using the justock esc running a 6.5 or 5.5 motor?
Maximum 8.5T and 2 cell if you want a 3 cell then 10.5T and above .anything below will kill the justock .
Old 02-13-2011, 01:29 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jekyll08
justock,60 amp xerun,xtreme stock and 120 amp 1s and standard all the have the sportsmans class zero timing 2 blinks per second when run with 508 software which all the above escs can run.
Old 02-13-2011, 01:53 PM
Tech Apprentice

N
Originally Posted by emerge
This is my issue with that at the moment.
If I increase to 15 endbell which will be 45 motor timing plus 18 ramp esc timing plus 37 boost the heat will go up very quickly. We are in summer at the moment so heat is an issue. So yes I could either lower boost or fdr but I feel that the overall performance will be hampered. I compete on 2 tracks - 1 open and sweeping and other with a very technical infield.

These are my current settings - xtreme esc
FDR 4.5 - 21.5 ballistic
5+ motor endbell
Brakes 100%
Revers 100%
Drag brake - 0, then 10 then 40 (still no change in decelration)
Boost 37
Turbo 23
Ramp 18
Acc 150
DDRS max

I am not seeing anything unusual with any of that that would eliminate my brakes from working. What is interesting is that the brakes did work once but really frustrating the way they just didnt work all of a sudden. The only things that I have been playing with have been boost and acc so unless there is some malfuntion there I just dont know.

To add to this I also changed the trims (m11) to 160% brakes and exp to max - still nothing helped so I am at a loss

I think you and shawn are talking different timing here. Plus timing vs. absolute timing. I wouldn't think he would recomend to set the endbell to 45* when you are running boost software.

If you had brakes at an earlier point and now without haveing changed anything are completly without i would suspect hardware failure.
Old 02-13-2011, 02:05 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by TeamWTF
I Tried adding 5% drag (The lowest setting)

This seemed to help with the 'delayed' feeling

I think it has a lot to do with gearing and endbell timing... What motor/ratio/timing are you running?
Im running a Nosram storm evo motor with timing set as factory (No idea what that is) Running a FDR of 7.6

Brakes where alwasy awesome on 518stock

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.