... 110119 with sp13.5 v3 at 7.4 fdr ,max temp 72c

4 DRRS 8
9 boost timing 55
10 turbo slope 24
12 turbo timing 30
13 start rpm 2000
14 turbo delay 0.4
timing acc 200

the car felt really quick in the infield and at beginning of the 30 metre straight,but the turbo did not felt to have any punch.what setting could help?
thanx
Originally Posted by sizheng
You almost used up timing in boost, 2000+200*55=13000 , and with 7.4 FDR, the speed of your car is only 20km/h at this RPM.
I think 'sizheng' meant that as the 110119 has a total of 60deg of timing available. At full throttle you only have an additional 5° (turbo) left as you have already used up 55° (boost) up to just before full throttle.

on another note ... I have been thinking of the calculations ...

How did 'sizheng' get 13000?

With start rpm 2000
Boost timing 55º
Timing acc 200rpm/°timing

RPM at full boost in effect, 200 x 55 = 11000
plus start rpm when the timing comes into effect, 13000

With a fdr of 7.4, for each revolution of the pinion, the wheel will turn at 1/7.4?

At 13000, the wheel will turn at 1756.757rpm (rev per minute)

Assuming your wheel diameter of 60mm, the circumference is 2πR or πD, R being the radius or D being the diameter, and π (pi, a T with 2 vertical stroke) having a constant value of 3.14159.

So 1 revolution of wheel, the car will move a distance of 188.4954mm.

At 1756.757rpm, the speed at the wheel is 331140.6mm/min.

To convert to km/min, / 1000000
To convert to km/hr, x 60

So you get, 19.86km/hr

Originally Posted by sizheng
you can get your speed by the following (assume diameter of rubber tyre 60MM).

car speed(km/h) =0.01131*RPM(MOTOR)/FDR

so please think of the speed of your car on the track, and then it may help you to set your ESC better.
The 0.01131 is derived from,

0.01131=3.14159*60*60/1000000
3.14159, pi constant
60, diameter in mm
60, to convert to /hr
1000000, to convert to km from mm

My query is does the motor only turn at 13000rpm, just before full throttle? Why do I say before full throttle because at full throttle you have the additional 5° timing, which 'sizheng' have not inculded in the 13000.

BUT ... start of blabbing ...
A silver can turns at about 15000rpm at max efficiency, what ever that is, but thereabouts. ???

So are the calculations correct?

The timing acc (#15 on the setup list) of 200rpm/°timing does not determine the rpm I think. It is only an acceleration figure, that the motor will increase the timing of 1°, at each incremental motor speed of 200rpm, but each timing increase will also increase the rpm of the motor, does it not??? and so the acceleration will not be linear.

We are ignoring friction and drag as well ...

If I am blabbing cr@p, please correct me ...

Last edited by chinaman; 01-27-2011 at 03:15 AM.
Old 01-27-2011, 03:25 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by chinaman
The timing acc (#15 on the setup list) of 200rpm/°timing does not determine the rpm I think. It is only an acceleration figure, that the motor will increase the timing of 1°, at each incremental motor speed of 200rpm, but each timing increase will also increase the rpm of the motor, does it not??? and so the acceleration will not be linear.
No, 'timing acc' does not determine the maximum RPM the motor will reach on track. It determines the 'Boost End RPM' at which full boost timing will have been reached. The car still continue to accelerate after this point, even if no further timing (turbo) is added. The acceleration may or may not be fairly linear; without the increasing boost effect the acceleration would drop off and be very non-linear. With the boost, it will be closer to linear than without it.

Drag and weight do not affect the calculations, although they will of course affect how quickly the car accelerates on track.
Old 01-27-2011, 04:33 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Boggling

I have followed this thread for some time, so I can get some pointers for a good set up for the HB extreme on my Xray 007 using a Novak ss 10.5. FDR 6.5 and 62 mm wheels.
Every time I think I have got the hang of it, I'm "boggled" again.
I have downloaded the latest software and firmware update, thinking it would be easier to get a good set up, but I am trying to get to grips with the relationship between boost and slope, and how this effects timing.
I have decided to go with the default setting, and then tweak one thing at a time till it seems right. Of course if someone has a setting that would be suitable for my set up, please let me know.
I used a Novak GTB prior to Xmas and was pretty easy to set up but uncompetitive. I can already feel the extra power I have with the HB and $ to power ratio, its top notch, but It is still not running at optimum.
Thx
Old 01-27-2011, 04:45 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by ezh_m5
Please give me good settings for 17.5T ( LRP x12 )
Old 01-27-2011, 05:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Hobbywing pc interface bug

cobra, tell michael.
i found some bug on it's latest PC interface
or this that has not been improved is
when saving setting it will not saved the custom value only custom(+).

This is also affecting with the
9: Boost Timing
12: Turbo Timing
Can be adjusted but cannot be saved to the file its value.

also 15: Timing ACC
is not saved to file setings.txt

Last edited by irgo; 01-27-2011 at 05:31 AM.
Old 01-27-2011, 07:02 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chinaman
have you got any fish n chips withdrawal symptoms???
Actually, it's bacon I'm missing most, but I found some in Walmart the other day, so will fry the crap out of is this weekend and have a bacon sarnie!

Anyway, trying again with the excel sheet... and if that doesn't work, try the link here http://www.thard.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=428

EDIT - seems to be an issue with the uploading of zip files to here, causes the file inside to blank out... so have deleted it from here! use the link instead

Last edited by TryHard; 01-27-2011 at 05:14 PM.
Old 01-27-2011, 08:57 AM
CFR
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
the 1224 has now been deleted as we found some bugs the new version is the 110119

let me know if you want it ?

regards Angelo
yes please

either via email or link to it
Old 01-27-2011, 09:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Tried the latest f/w for MOD, find it slightly smoother but the turbo kicks in rather slow..... any1 has any idea?

5.5t LRP X12 Octa
FDR: 7.5

Boost Timing: 10
Turbo Boost: 15
Turbo Ramp: 12/0.1sec
Turbo Delay: 0.3sec
Old 01-27-2011, 10:12 AM
Tech Addict

I'd run the stock type software for Mod. It runs great. I run boost timing but no turbo timing. This seems to be smooth and really fast.

Mike
Old 01-27-2011, 02:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

For Stock TC, anyone try just going for 60 deg boost and zero turbo to get a linear and smooth feel?

With boost going to 60 deg not sure why we need turbo?

Thanks.
Old 01-27-2011, 02:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by bozboy
I have followed this thread for some time, so I can get some pointers for a good set up for the HB extreme on my Xray 007 using a Novak ss 10.5. FDR 6.5 and 62 mm wheels.
Every time I think I have got the hang of it, I'm "boggled" again.
I have downloaded the latest software and firmware update, thinking it would be easier to get a good set up, but I am trying to get to grips with the relationship between boost and slope, and how this effects timing.
I have decided to go with the default setting, and then tweak one thing at a time till it seems right. Of course if someone has a setting that would be suitable for my set up, please let me know.
I used a Novak GTB prior to Xmas and was pretty easy to set up but uncompetitive. I can already feel the extra power I have with the HB and $ to power ratio, its top notch, but It is still not running at optimum.
Thx

Here with Hobbywing and Speed Passion
Simply using No timing, we can run as weak as GTB,
if you are talking about is that easy.
Old 01-27-2011, 03:10 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by irgo
Here with Hobbywing and Speed Passion
Simply using No timing, we can run as weak as GTB,
if you are talking about is that easy.
Sounds easy, but the GTB had fewer options "irgo" less to worry about on your set up. Making sure your running at optimum I guess is a bit down to trial and error.

The next question would be for Hobbywing.
Is the hobbywing extreme esc rated down to 8.5 turns for an on road using a 2s lipo. The reason I ask, is because I have upgraded to new firmware and tested the car on the bench tonight, and the wires to the power cap started to smoke and de-soldered off the cap board. I immediately switched it off, but obviousley i dont want to switch it on without the cap, so I have no idea if it was an issue with the cap or the esc. Last week I ran it fine with the 512 stock firmware. I have emailed the model shop, and their response was have you read the new update instructions, and this esc is rated to 13.5.
The answer is yes to the first, and have Giant Cod read the literature about the esc's rating to the second.
Old 01-27-2011, 04:50 PM
Tech Elite

Sounds easy, but the GTB had fewer options "irgo" less to worry about on your set up. Making sure your running at optimum I guess is a bit down to trial and error.

Is the hobbywing extreme esc rated down to 8.5 turns for an on road using a 2s lipo. The reason I ask, is because I have upgraded to new firmware and tested the car on the bench tonight, and the wires to the power cap started to smoke and de-soldered off the cap board. I immediately switched it off, but obviousley i dont want to switch it on without the cap, so I have no idea if it was an issue with the cap or the esc. Last week I ran it fine with the 512 stock firmware. I have emailed the model shop, and their response was have you read the new update instructions, and this esc is rated to 13.5.
The answer is yes to the first, and have Giant Cod read the literature about the esc's rating to the second.
Hi dude

yes the xtreme stock is rated down to a 8.5T for on road use you are correct .

Can i ask you a simple question with the cap have you activated 100% reverse in use with full brakes as someone has advised on this forum ?If you have it's no the right way of doing it and i dont recommened it because when going to full brakes but as well as the reverse function your causing a massive spike in reverse polarity which in turn would cause the the cap to burn .please send me an email at [email protected] and we can work together on the issue to solve it .

regards Angelo
Old 01-27-2011, 05:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

you must be placed the cap opposite direction that may cause it to smoke,
cap had no related with firmware,

send here your picture of your system and cap?
Old 01-27-2011, 05:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
Hi dude

yes the xtreme stock is rated down to a 8.5T for on road use you are correct .

Can i ask you a simple question with the cap have you activated 100% reverse in use with full brakes as someone has advised on this forum ?If you have it's no the right way of doing it and i dont recommened it because when going to full brakes but as well as the reverse function your causing a massive spike in reverse polarity which in turn would cause the the cap to burn .please send me an email at [email protected] and we can work together on the issue to solve it .

regards Angelo
Angelo , i send you an email.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.