Search
Like Tree4Likes

NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 04:34 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rbakker
Yes, the numbers are the same between the old and new software.
I would try like you said, could you report you`re findings back here?
No worries. Will be testing tomorrow afternoon. Weather permitting
Old 01-10-2011, 04:50 PM
Tech Regular

Think its really funny, this typical track argumenting about technical things...
For starters, here are maybe a handfull off people, all from different countries,
trying to debate about a technical document written in Chenglish.....lol
(Really, wtih all respect)

And then all this communication on a forum....lol

Think if we were all at the track we really would have a laugh..

Either way, love the software and ESC, it`s just fast and cheap, same for the service off Angelo + the patience...Thanks
Old 01-10-2011, 05:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

yeah, i never undderstood the turbo/boost instructions. I think it didn't convey the original message effectively :S
Old 01-10-2011, 05:39 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by cheapskate.brok
yeah, i never undderstood the turbo/boost instructions. I think it didn't convey the original message effectively :S
The first did perfect in my opinion, only the one from a few pages back was a bit strange..But we are coming there.
Old 01-10-2011, 11:37 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by hobbywing instruction
For example, Boost Timing is 16°and Turbo Timing is 30°, 14°will be Boost Timing and 16°be Turbo Timing after full throttle is held
So does this mean that we have 16° boost timing available at 1-99% throttle, then at 100% throttle, an additional 14° boost "borrowed" from turbo, applied using the "Boost timing acceleration" setting(i.e rpm per degree), then the last 16° turbo applied using turbo slope rate?(degree/0.1s)
Thats my guess. Cant wait to test this

Last edited by Will27; 01-11-2011 at 02:01 AM.
Old 01-11-2011, 01:59 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

Tekin is 55 boost and 20 turbo, HW is 30 boost and 16 turbo.
I really doubt that the Tekin numbers actually represent real timing degrees. Maybe it's just a number, like HW previous software with 1-8 on the timing, representing 0 to 21 degrees.

Originally Posted by Shawn68z
If I get a chance next weekend all I am going to be doing is experimenting with the new turbo/boost settings, and I will record/post all of the results that I come across. I am hoping by using even less timing in the infield, I will have more rip, and cooler motor timing, but run alot more turbo to keep the straight away speed.

Shawn
+1
I will start playing with the software tomorrow evening (Wednesday).
Roy, are you there also?

Last weekend we had a clubrace, I qualified 3rd.
1st final, finished 2nd. 2nd final, I won.
Overal I was just a few seconds slower then the winner who finished 1st in the 1st final and 2nd in the 2nd....
Now he is a Tekin driver, but that's not all, he is also a heck of a driver (more people should admit that sometimes some drivers are just better )
But maybe the new software can help me close the gap on him, and atleast get him a bit nervous, so he might start making mistakes
Old 01-11-2011, 02:07 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by M7H
I will start playing with the software tomorrow evening (Wednesday).
Roy, are you there also?
That would have been nice, watch out with the numbers, since you got that much extra power in your hands...
I can`t make it, on thursday i have a nice test for the study....Doing FEA strenght/stifness calculations...by hand...pffff.
Greetz
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finite_element_method
(that doesn`t make me happy....)
Old 01-11-2011, 02:21 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

That would have been nice, watch out with the numbers, since you got that much extra power in your hands...
I will start with the same settings as I have now with the 518STOCK, and go from there...

Enjoy your study.
Strength/stiffness?
I always just replace what's broken, and only study my bank account.
Old 01-11-2011, 04:33 AM
Tech Adept

hi guys. after seeing other driving the HW extreme stock. i finaly decited to try one. just want to hear about a good starting point with the new software. im driving a SP 17.5 V3 timed 7-8 degress.
i was thinking of trying this setup. with a gearing around 6.5 to 7 im racing on a small track 20*10 meters with good flow.

#1=1
#2=1
#3=4
#4=8
#5=4
#6=4
#7=2
#8=1
#9=30
#10=3
#12=16
#13=3
#14=3
#15=2

hope you guys can help me.

Steven
Old 01-11-2011, 05:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default HW SP 3rd Generation Stock

Don't be confuse
The 3rd Generation Stock Actual Turbo Timing is 60°
For 30°+30°
It's was miss typed there at Manual about #12

Hot!
Old 01-11-2011, 06:02 AM
Tech Elite

Hi guys

there was a mistake on the previous instructions for the 2 tyoes of firmware i have attached the correct ones .

sorry about that and yes also we will have the 508 v3.0 with the 8 options of brskes but the led card will not be able to be used just the lcd programmer.
Old 01-11-2011, 06:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
Hi guys

there was a mistake on the previous instructions for the 2 tyoes of firmware i have attached the correct ones .

sorry about that and yes also we will have the 508 v3.0 with the 8 options of brskes but the led card will not be able to be used just the lcd programmer.
thank's cob 46 then.
Old 01-11-2011, 07:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Hi guys

your manual is not complete...missing something there
Old 01-11-2011, 07:23 AM
Tech Master

Hi guys

Thanks for the new PDF, I think it makes a lot more sense now and answers most of the questions (although for some reason I had to install Chinese fonts to make it work, even though it's all in English).

However I have one more question. Assume the Turbo Delay (#14) is off (for simplicity). If I reach full throttle before all of the Boost Timing has been applied, will the Turbo ramp start immediately, or only after the remaining Boost Timing has been applied? I.e. in this situation do the Turbo and Boost ramps happen in parallel, or one after another?

Cheers,

Dale
Old 01-11-2011, 07:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Dear Loyal customers

I have another edition of stock software for the use of motors like the speed passion ,faigo and duo's etc .

I will email it to you all tomorrow sorry im very tired spent 12 hours in hong kong going around in cicles at the toy fair which had zero r/c so i was dissapointed but tomorrow i will do it for you guys .

Hobbywing is commited in being the best not only in pricing but perfromance and reliability and top of the line customer service .

We listen to you and we are commited to our customers thats why we do as you ask and more to come .

take care guys

and thank you once again for your loyal support .

regards ANgelo
the 1224 software should not be used with HW, SP or Due motors. What motors should uses 1224 novak?

The 1224 worked great with my Novak in sedan but 1224 with a duo in 1/12th stock could not get the motor warm and the speed up.

Thanks

Tom

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.