NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE >

NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE

Like Tree4Likes

NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE

Old 12-05-2010, 03:49 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
We are sorry you feel that way but from my research Hw is the biggest seller at the moment on a world scale .

Tekin running cooler and faster that would all depend on your setup once again and you know tekin is not hobbywing and hobbywing is not tekin so there equipment is different and setups are totally different to .

I hope one day your hw's make the track again .Let us know who we can help you.

Also please understand Hobbywing only designs and manufactures only the Gt series of speed passion as for the new cirtix range from sp it is manufactured by another manufacturer in china which i know of but wish not to mention .

Anyway good luck with your racing .
No problem. I understand you guys are doing quite well, and I'm a fan of all that HW has done. But your current software isn't as fast as it could be. You can try to deny that, or discredit me, but I've seen it in person on the big stage, and I've verified it in my own testing. Figure out what Tekin is doing, 'cause they have you guys beat for spec racing both in overall speed and operating temperature. Good luck.
Old 12-05-2010, 03:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
No problem. I understand you guys are doing quite well, and I'm a fan of all that HW has done. But your current software isn't as fast as it could be. You can try to deny that, or discredit me, but I've seen it in person on the big stage, and I've verified it in my own testing. Figure out what Tekin is doing, 'cause they have you guys beat for spec racing both in overall speed and operating temperature. Good luck.
the oldest limiting factor is cost. It's just that barbaric
Old 12-05-2010, 04:15 PM
Tech Addict

As a Tekin owner, I don't quite agree with you. My Tekin is the fastest at my track, but the fastest guy at the track (winning by over a lap every single time) is racing a Hobbywing Xtreme Stock. When we race together, I do have a little bit more speed at the end of the straight, but the difference is minimal.

Even comparing temperatures, we are quite even.
Old 12-05-2010, 07:10 PM
Tech Elite

I have both Tekin and XeRun 120A. From my experience Hw has more rips out of corners compare to the Tekins.Yes Tekin does have a slight top end speed (you need a very long straights just to notice the difference)compare to the Hw IF YOU ARE USING THE SAME FDR FOR BOTH ESC with the same motor. My finding is you need to gear at LOWER FDR for the Hw (found out, it also lower the motor temp).This is not a problem in the in field as the HW has more acceleration rips out of corners while my Tekin is softer. Temperature wise Tekin is cooler I can't argue with that. My conclusion both esc's performance is about the same providing you find a sweet set up for both BUT the HW being cheaper I ll go for the Hw anytime. Also Hw has heatsink with fan so I can bolt on any of my mod motor as low as 4t with stock boosted fw without any overheating cutoff issue and it is crazy fast
Old 12-05-2010, 08:44 PM
Tech Addict

You think by advancing the dynamic timing it would run cooler ? Are you sure about your statement? As from what i know any type of high level timing creates pinging and heat .

Please explain it to me as im confused .
Yep it is 100% true. I would much rather have more timing on the esc which is dynamically controlled and less static timing on the motor. I'm surprised a man in your position cannot understand that....

Its very much like comparing old speedos to newer ones. The old ones had lots of static timing and no dynamic hence all heat issues. The newer escs on the market today have lots of dynamic timing and you don't run much static on the motor.

I just wish Hobbywing would see the light and increase the dynamic timing so that we can fully utilise that idea. I would guess the best setup could have 0 motor timing and be fully controlled by the esc dynamic timing.

I can for sure see why Tekin could be faster and cooler. If you want to improve and move forward you must look down this avenue. At my local track I have won the South Island Champs(in New Zealand) with the current software in 13.5. I am happy so far, but can see that if you don't make improvements to the software every so often, it will go the way of LRP.

regards
Michael Jones
Old 12-05-2010, 09:26 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ixlr8nz
Yep it is 100% true. I would much rather have more timing on the esc which is dynamically controlled and less static timing on the motor. I'm surprised a man in your position cannot understand that....

Its very much like comparing old speedos to newer ones. The old ones had lots of static timing and no dynamic hence all heat issues. The newer escs on the market today have lots of dynamic timing and you don't run much static on the motor.

I just wish Hobbywing would see the light and increase the dynamic timing so that we can fully utilise that idea. I would guess the best setup could have 0 motor timing and be fully controlled by the esc dynamic timing.

I can for sure see why Tekin could be faster and cooler. If you want to improve and move forward you must look down this avenue. At my local track I have won the South Island Champs(in New Zealand) with the current software in 13.5. I am happy so far, but can see that if you don't make improvements to the software every so often, it will go the way of LRP.

regards
Michael Jones
Dynamic static is just more accurate but they both create heat the only difference is that stating timing calculates even the false paths thats all but they both create heat no matter what more timing more heat even when you bring both together* as hybrid timing verification they still create heat.

Thank you michael for your advice we will take in on board but we at hobbywing design reliable products and not in the business or producing time bombs .Racers are won with reliability,setup and the drivers ability not speed and advance timing to the extent of the esc becoming a time bomb.

Ive seen on many occasions a pro driver using a hobbywing and smashing a field of tekins and lrp's by 3 laps and other times ive seen a pro driver smahing the field running a tekin .I guess its each to there own but its the drivers ability and the reliability of the product including battery's that wins the race .

Old 12-05-2010, 09:32 PM
Tech Elite

No one is going to discredit you not now not later .You as a customer or as a consumer have a right to your opinion and we as a manufacturer must sit back and listen to your concerns and work out a way how we can make you happy and keep you running our brand .

Tekin have motors above the specific kv ratings for a particular wind so yes they do have bigger top end so thats why you see the tekin being fast on the top .were hobbywings 10.5T is a star configuration motor winding with 3200-3500kv the tekin is 4500kv same wind but in a delta configuration giving the motor more rpm .

Being fast is one thing but finishing the race is another with so much running at peak levels what are the chances of top reliability and finishing the race .
Old 12-05-2010, 09:45 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Old 12-05-2010, 10:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

i need a setup for 21.5 with the stock software fdr ect
thanks
Old 12-05-2010, 10:11 PM
Tech Elite

Hello friends

I have attached a jpeg with information about hobbywings race prep speed controllers.

It's good info so please take a look it easier to understand than the website which will be overhauled soon.

regards Angelo
Attached Thumbnails NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE-hobbywing-esc-information_page001.jpg  
Old 12-05-2010, 11:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jake95
i need a setup for 21.5 with the stock software fdr ect
thanks
Which track?
Old 12-05-2010, 11:10 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

castlehill on road
Old 12-05-2010, 11:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Your best bet is to ask on the castle hill forum. They will help you out. I have done it a few times..

I run 17.5. With that i would probably run 5.5 - 6.0 FDR

I would imagine you would want your start RPM around 4500, FDR around 5.0.
Old 12-05-2010, 11:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Hello friends

I have attached a jpeg with information about hobbywings race prep speed controllers.

It's good info so please take a look it easier to understand than the website which will be overhauled soon.

regards Angelo
what the differences between xtreme stock and 60a xerun?? xtreme stock has the no-timing blinking function? any other differences? seems like they run the same firmware.
Old 12-06-2010, 12:18 AM
Tech Adept

Default timing

My experience with the HW is that i can get more rip out of corners then others in my club running tekins.

At the North Islands last month (in new zealand) i managed to qualify 4th in super stock 13.5.

The car was going great and with a good time in the first round i knew i didnt have to push to hard in the later rounds, and got faster going slower (work that out). For me i had a GREAT qualifying day with the performance of the car and ESC...one of those days where every things goes your way...just a shame my finials weren't so good and ended 7th overall.

I run with NO fans with a FDR of 7.11...something i have been doing all winter.

I wasnt the fastest down the short straight, but cant remember being passed down it either. In the in field the car had more power then i needed and if i lost time down the straight i would gain it again before the end of a lap.

Heat wise, im getting off the track in the 40-50C temps...summer here hasnt heated up yet to worry about ambient heat yet (18-24C). I know i could get a bit more speed down the straights but that would just increase the heat level.

For me i would prefer to keep my gearing as it is, and let the ESC do all the work while i also work on driving good lines and gain a few 10ths here and there.

Having said all that, our Nationals next year are going to be held on a bigger track and in the middle of Feb (our hottest month), so will have to look at my options, but for now im happy.

Keep up the good work HW, and i hope you bring out a new update before Feb next year.

cheers,
David Norden

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.